Top Pitchers in State

Top Pitchers in State

Postby meatball77 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:46 am

Who do you think are the best pitchers in state?
meatball77
NDPreps Starter

Re: Top Pitchers in State

Postby Rush23 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:49 pm

Ben Magnusen- Bishope Ryan
Zach Thompson- Rugby
Ty Bruner-Velva
Jon Mack-Velva (Very Smart Pitcher)
Mark LaCroix-Bottineau
Stephen Guler-New Rockford (Not sure if i have the first name right)
Rush23
NDPreps Starter

Postby InTheKnow » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:42 pm

Nathan Linstad- Midway-Minto. He was the most dominant starter at the 2009 State Babe Ruth tournament ahead of Mack and Bruner. Ellory Bresnahan from Central Cass was the most dominant overall there but is limited with arm problems.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndpreps09 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:25 pm

I hear Northstar is going to have a team of their own. With Swanson, Hagler, Lindahl and Grande they should have a pretty good team. They all pitch.
ndpreps09
NDPreps Starter

Postby lovwatchingsports » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:56 am

InTheKnow wrote:Nathan Linstad- Midway-Minto. He was the most dominant starter at the 2009 State Babe Ruth tournament ahead of Mack and Bruner. Ellory Bresnahan from Central Cass was the most dominant overall there but is limited with arm problems.

Mack is a year older wasn't there. You must be thining of Podoll. And if I remember right Bruner didn't get there until the second day and had pitched two games at the state legion before coming to babe ruth.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby 3ballski » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:02 pm

Michael Bigwood - Cavalier....very good fastball with movement
Brandon Anderson - North Border....Sophomore who can throw high 70's and low 80's already
3ballski
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bison football73 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:11 pm

lovwatchingsports wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:Nathan Linstad- Midway-Minto. He was the most dominant starter at the 2009 State Babe Ruth tournament ahead of Mack and Bruner. Ellory Bresnahan from Central Cass was the most dominant overall there but is limited with arm problems.

that tournament bruner was the best pitcher in it hands down. what hurt velva in that tournament was that him and podoll both werent there cuz they were at the legion tournament for the first day so they lost to hazen in the babe ruth tournament. if velva has bruner and podoll they probly would have won it
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby thatguy422 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:56 pm

ndpreps09 wrote:I hear Northstar is going to have a team of their own. With Swanson, Hagler, Lindahl and Grande they should have a pretty good team. They all pitch.

They need a dominant pitcher. Are these all the same kids that played for the Cando team in legion? During summer ball they had a lot of pitchers that threw strikes but nobody to be dominant.

Rush23 wrote:Ben Magnusen- Bishope Ryan
Zach Thompson- Rugby
Ty Bruner-Velva
Mark LaCroix-Bottineau

Zach Thompson has a good fastball but needs to work on a curveball or some other junk pitch. He throws around 85, but if you put him up against a fastball hitting team he won't do well.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:36 pm

thatguy422 wrote:
ndpreps09 wrote:I hear Northstar is going to have a team of their own. With Swanson, Hagler, Lindahl and Grande they should have a pretty good team. They all pitch.

They need a dominant pitcher. Are these all the same kids that played for the Cando team in legion? During summer ball they had a lot of pitchers that threw strikes but nobody to be dominant.

Zach Thompson- Rugby
Ty Bruner-Velva
Mark LaCroix-Bottineau

Zach Thompson has a good fastball but needs to work on a curveball or some other junk pitch. He throws around 85, but if you put him up against a fastball hitting team he won't do well.

Zach Thompson does not throw 85. I doubt you have faced a pitcher who throws 85.
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:38 pm

Nothing against these athletes, but they are a basketball team and not a baseball team.
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Postby thatguy422 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:27 am

NE B-Baller 242 wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:

Zach Thompson- Rugby
Ty Bruner-Velva
Mark LaCroix-Bottineau

Zach Thompson does not throw 85. I doubt you have faced a pitcher who throws 85.

Actually I'm positive he does throw 85. I went to a camp with him where they clocked pitchers and he got clocked at 85. And I'm quite positive I've faced a pitcher who throws 85 thanks.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:12 am

thatguy422 wrote:
NE B-Baller 242 wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:

Zach Thompson- Rugby
Ty Bruner-Velva
Mark LaCroix-Bottineau

Actually I'm positive he does throw 85. I went to a camp with him where they clocked pitchers and he got clocked at 85. And I'm quite positive I've faced a pitcher who throws 85 thanks.

Ok maybe he got clocked one pitch at 85 giving it all he had, but consistantly in a game I would doubt he gets higher then mid 70's. I'm not trying to totally diss Zach because he is a good pitcher, but I just find it hard to believe he throws 85 in games because I have faced Zach as well as college pitchers who have thrown in the 80's and Zach doesn't throw as hard as them, just sayin
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Postby InTheKnow » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:11 pm

bison football73 wrote:
lovwatchingsports wrote:

that tournament bruner was the best pitcher in it hands down. what hurt velva in that tournament was that him and podoll both werent there cuz they were at the legion tournament for the first day so they lost to hazen in the babe ruth tournament. if velva has bruner and podoll they probly would have won it

Thats why Linstad had better numbers across the stat line in 2 starts then both of them including holding Casselton to 3 unearned runs through 6 in the title game. Velva got DESTROYED like 19-2 by Hazen first round. They were horrible without those two there the first round. Hazen then faced Midway-Manvel the next round and got thumped 10-0 in 5 innings on a 2 hitter from Kory Kleven. Casselton got lucky MM folded in the 6th inning of the first game of the title game and came back to win game 2. Casselton beat Velva to get there. Midway-Manvel had outscored their opponents 38-4 going into the title game and took care of Grafton, St Thomas, and Cando pretty handily to get to state.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby bison football73 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:28 pm

was linstad the legion team and the babe ruth team's best pitcher? cuz bruner was that year
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby lovwatchingsports » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:30 pm

InTheKnow wrote:
bison football73 wrote:
lovwatchingsports wrote:

Thats why Linstad had better numbers across the stat line in 2 starts then both of them including holding Casselton to 3 unearned runs through 6 in the title game. Velva got DESTROYED like 19-2 by Hazen first round. They were horrible without those two there the first round. Hazen then faced Midway-Manvel the next round and got thumped 10-0 in 5 innings on a 2 hitter from Kory Kleven. Casselton got lucky MM folded in the 6th inning of the first game of the title game and came back to win game 2. Casselton beat Velva to get there. Midway-Manvel had outscored their opponents 38-4 going into the title game and took care of Grafton, St Thomas, and Cando pretty handily to get to state.

Velva had only three 15 year olds on that team bruner, podoll, and c mack
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby lovwatchingsports » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:30 pm

InTheKnow wrote:
bison football73 wrote:
lovwatchingsports wrote:

Velva had only three 15 year olds on that team bruner, podoll, and c mack
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby InTheKnow » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:12 am

bison football73 wrote:was linstad the legion team and the babe ruth team's best pitcher? cuz bruner was that year

No because they had enough legion guys to pitch during the regular season he mostly threw babe ruth. The games he did throw he was one of their best. Linstad threw a 3 hitter against Regina, Sask at the Class A Red River Classic in Fargo and was limited for legion post season because of the Babe Ruth State tournament run. But he did come in for relief against the GF Blues and threw 2 no hit innings getting out of a bases loaded jam with no one out. MM's top pitcher that year was Nick Smestead who lost 1-0 to Munich twice that year (and we know what kind of offense they had) and 1-0 to Grafton in 9 innings throwing only 95 pitches in the Sectional. With Schanilec having an era under 1.00 that summer as well as Justin Mozinski, Michael Shutt, and Lucas Kelly, he wasnt needed much on the mound throwing older guys.

While Bruner is a very good pitcher, what sets Linstad apart to me is his change up which is his best pitch. He couldnt really throw it in babe ruth because they were usually late on his FB but his CH allowed them to catch up. In legion and high school last season that pitch was his strikeout pitch.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby thatguy422 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:32 pm

NE B-Baller 242 wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:
NE B-Baller 242 wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:

Zach Thompson- Rugby
Ty Bruner-Velva
Mark LaCroix-Bottineau

Ok maybe he got clocked one pitch at 85 giving it all he had, but consistantly in a game I would doubt he gets higher then mid 70's. I'm not trying to totally diss Zach because he is a good pitcher, but I just find it hard to believe he throws 85 in games because I have faced Zach as well as college pitchers who have thrown in the 80's and Zach doesn't throw as hard as them, just sayin

I would believe that he doesn't throw 85 every fastball, but mid 70's? I don't believe pitchers take 10 mph off their top speed in games. I know I don't. In games I throw probably 3-5 mph slower than when I'm giving it all I got. Speed is a hard thing to gauge though. Different arm angles and pitching motions can make a pitch seem faster or slower than it actually is.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby utilityman » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:59 am

Zac Stemen throws hard from LaMoure, he needs to be mentioned. When it's 40 degrees and a kid's throwing decent gas it stings the hands. I'm not sure Guler is a top pitcher, I've seen him many times and I don't agree he's top 10. Haven't seen alot of kids from the west that have been mentioned.
utilityman
NDPreps Starter

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:59 pm

thatguy422 wrote:
NE B-Baller 242 wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:
NE B-Baller 242 wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:

Zach Thompson- Rugby
Ty Bruner-Velva
Mark LaCroix-Bottineau

I'm just saying I've faced guys that throw harder then Zac and they can't be throwing 90. Just saying

I would believe that he doesn't throw 85 every fastball, but mid 70's? I don't believe pitchers take 10 mph off their top speed in games. I know I don't. In games I throw probably 3-5 mph slower than when I'm giving it all I got. Speed is a hard thing to gauge though. Different arm angles and pitching motions can make a pitch seem faster or slower than it actually is.
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Postby winners&losers » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:20 pm

NE B-Baller 242 wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:
NE B-Baller 242 wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:
NE B-Baller 242 wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:

Zach Thompson- Rugby
Ty Bruner-Velva
Mark LaCroix-Bottineau

I'm just saying I've faced guys that throw harder then Zac and they can't be throwing 90. Just saying

i am going to agree with thatguy422 on this one, from seeing thompson's stats in the class b legion allstar game, and how effective he was there, i would agree he is top 5 easily. and from seeing him throw, i agree he averages between 81-83
winners&losers

Postby cubsfan » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:35 am

You would have to throw Jace Ingebretson into this conversation. He will probably be the best pitcher in region 2. Nathan Linstad, Andy Naas, and Tyler Ust will also be some of the top pitchers in region 2.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby jtdc492 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:10 pm

winners&losers wrote:
NE B-Baller 242 wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:
NE B-Baller 242 wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:
NE B-Baller 242 wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:

Zach Thompson- Rugby
Ty Bruner-Velva
Mark LaCroix-Bottineau

i am going to agree with thatguy422 on this one, from seeing thompson's stats in the class b legion allstar game, and how effective he was there, i would agree he is top 5 easily. and from seeing him throw, i agree he averages between 81-83

It isn't hard for me to believe Zac throws in the low 80's. He's big and strong. Anytime a highschool pitcher throws in the 80's consistently you've got to mention him.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseballislife8 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:00 am

Colton Anderson-Dakota Prairie
Tyrel Harding-Midkota
Caleb Roggelstad-Harvey
Ty Bruner-Velva
baseballislife8
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndpreps100 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:38 am

Ok really two of these guys aren't even the best pitchers on their team. Colton Anderson throws hard but teams have been hitting him very hard since last year. Ty Harding throws hard but is having arm troubles and he struggles to throw strikes sometimes. Bruner is very good no doubt.
ndpreps100
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Class B