Mods: Life Story

Please read the Rules!

Mods: Life Story

Postby 1stTrack » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:47 pm

How did each mod get to be a mod? and how do you become one?
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
1stTrack
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Mods: Life Story

Postby cubsfan » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:22 pm

I became one because I come onto the website quite a bit and was ndsportsfan was wondering if anyone was interested. I offered to help and he accepted. I believe he selected me because of my vast knowledge of sports and my great drive to achieve greatness :lol:
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:20 pm

cubsfan wrote:I became one because I come onto the website quite a bit and was ndsportsfan was wondering if anyone was interested. I offered to help and he accepted. I believe he selected me because of my vast knowledge of sports and my great drive to achieve greatness :lol:

More like he felt sorry you were a cubs fan!!! ZIIIIIIIIIIIIING :mrgreen:
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:42 pm

Some offered to help after I sent out a request. Some where asked by me because i was thoroughly impressed by them. Some where recommended by me because they impressed others. Basically its a group of people who enjoy using the forum, set good examples for others, and they have the ability to remove things that are disruptive. Now, if someone wants to moderate, I usually run it by everyone and see what they think.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby DavidJohn » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:59 am

so it means i have to be very active on this forum if i wana b a moderator?? and should i become by starting a new topic??
DavidJohn
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Hinsa » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:33 pm

You don't necessarily need to open a new thread, just be active on the site when you feel you have something to say so we can get used to you and your style. That way we have an idea who we are giving a the moderation tools to.

What I did was to check out this website when I heard about it, got a user ID and started posting. The BOSS man and the other mods saw that I was an idiot and couldn't be trusted so they made me a mod. Wait....um....the idiot part wasn't really a plus. Maybe they figured I was old (which I am) and wanted someone from ancient times to help moderate. Yeah, that must have been it! They wanted someone to represent the old idiot demographic! :( :?
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Return to Rules and Announcements