Region 1

Region 1

Postby gobison#6 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:55 pm

Just looking back at the teams from last year and what they lost I would say my three big contenders would be Enderlin, Kindred, and Central Cass. Any other ideas?
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Re: Region 1

Postby meatball77 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:27 am

FSHP, they are a little young this year but should be decent
meatball77
NDPreps Starter

Postby gobison#6 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:12 pm

Here would be my standings. Did Lamoure have enough kids to go out this year after losing a lot of seniors last year? Anyway I will will include them.
Enderlin
Kindred
Central Cass
FSHP
Lamoure
Northern Cass
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby meatball77 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:49 am

I disagree with enderlin at the top, prolly central cass then kindred, enderlin 3rd and fshp 4th and maybe even 3rd,,,and if their young talent shines could sneak into top 2
meatball77
NDPreps Starter

Postby gobison#6 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:02 pm

I'm just going with Enderlin on top because they went to state last year and return a lot of players. Central Cass graduated 6 seniors last year so even though their younger guys have performed well in Babe Ruth and such they are inexperienced at the varsity level. Kindred could charge to the top. Also I wouldn't even be surprised to see Lamoure fall to the bottom behind Northern Cass. I don't know who Lamoure even returns.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby meatball77 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:43 pm

There will be some good pitchers in this region this year, fshp- midstokke and hashbarger, enderlin- langland, and casselton- bresnahan, any one else that is good?
meatball77
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sportfreak24 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:03 pm

A couple more also would have to be enderlin- taran langland. Northern Cass- im not reall sure colton hill? i think Lamoure- I think they still have a stemen brother he will be tough. fshp- middstokke, hashbarger and also foss i would put in there he has some nasty stuff. Central Cass- Sundquist? Bresnahan? and will jalen ham be back or no?
Sportfreak24
NDPreps Rookie

Postby gobison#6 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:21 pm

Last spring Sundquist didn't even play baseball. He started the year playing but concentrated mainly on track. He is a pretty good high jumper.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby gobison#6 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:22 pm

meatball77 wrote:There will be some good pitchers in this region this year, fshp- midstokke and hashbarger, enderlin- langland, and casselton- bresnahan, any one else that is good?

Central Cass's best pitchers will be Jon Lubbers and Jake Holm. Bresnahan had shoulder surgery that kept him out of football so I don't know if they are going to let him pitch. Ham hurt his shoulder again in basketball so I don't know how much he will pitch.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby meatball77 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:30 am

gobison#6 wrote:
meatball77 wrote:There will be some good pitchers in this region this year, fshp- midstokke and hashbarger, enderlin- langland, and casselton- bresnahan, any one else that is good?

Central Cass's best pitchers will be Jon Lubbers and Jake Holm. Bresnahan had shoulder surgery that kept him out of football so I don't know if they are going to let him pitch. Ham hurt his shoulder again in basketball so I don't know how much he will pitch.

i throw faster than lubbers with my opposite hand, and holm is nothing special, bresnahan looked fine in basketball, he will pitch....strongest pitcher in the region will probably be hashbarger from fshp...
meatball77
NDPreps Starter

Postby gobison#6 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:29 pm

meatball77 wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:

i throw faster than lubbers with my opposite hand, and holm is nothing special, bresnahan looked fine in basketball, he will pitch....strongest pitcher in the region will probably be hashbarger from fshp...

Lubbers is of the Beau Sinner type. Doesn't throw overly hard but his lankiness and delivery can mess with hitters. Holm throws decently hard and has a nice curveball. I know for a fact that Bresnahan has talked with CC coach Fletschock and they want to save his arm. I understand that FSHP has a good baseball tradition, but you don't have to talk them up. Let their play this spring do the talking. BTW I doubt you throw as hard as Lubbers with your strong hand.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby GoPack#2 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:09 pm

gobison#6 wrote:
meatball77 wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:

Lubbers is of the Beau Sinner type. Doesn't throw overly hard but his lankiness and delivery can mess with hitters. Holm throws decently hard and has a nice curveball. I know for a fact that Bresnahan has talked with CC coach Fletschock and they want to save his arm. I understand that FSHP has a good baseball tradition, but you don't have to talk them up. Let their play this spring do the talking. BTW I doubt you throw as hard as Lubbers with your strong hand.

Lubbers doesnt throw that fast but his off speed pitches are what make him a good pitcher.
"Give them nothing but take from them everything"
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby meatball77 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:31 am

how about u stop talking up enderlin, central cass, and etc let the "spring do the talking"
meatball77
NDPreps Starter

Postby gobison#6 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:15 pm

meatball77 wrote:how about u stop talking up enderlin, central cass, and etc let the "spring do the talking"

I'm not the one saying people are great. Yes I gave some examples of what people can do after you attempted to bash them. You are probably a student that plays for FSHP and I give you props for thinking highly of your team, but if you keep posting stuff that brags up FSHP on here and people from around the region see it they are gonna want to pulverize FSHP. As for me since you are probably wondering now that I said you are a student, I am one of the 6 seniors from last years CC team that graduated. I think they will get 2nd or 3rd in the region. Predictions can be off; however, so lets just see how the season goes.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby meatball77 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:31 am

ok im taking a shot in the dark, joke u are matt swanson, and from what i remember u didnt play but who cares if u one of the 6 seniors that really matters now...fshp, enderlin, kindred, and cc will be the top 4 teams in that region....mark my words
meatball77
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sportguy24 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:09 am

And I think dylan morehouse from Los Angeles california is goin to transfer to kindred because his house got burnt to the ground. And his grandparents live in kindred so he is moving in with them to play baseball
Sportguy24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gobison#6 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:58 am

meatball77 wrote:ok im taking a shot in the dark, joke u are matt swanson, and from what i remember u didnt play but who cares if u one of the 6 seniors that really matters now...fshp, enderlin, kindred, and cc will be the top 4 teams in that region....mark my words

Last year in high school Matt Swanson batted .320 and was honorable mention for region 1 playing 2nd base. He didn't play legion in order to work. O and yeah that is me, but that doesn't matter. I have never said FSHP won't be the best team in the region, but I also haven't said they will be. They have a lot of talent and have the potential to make a run at the region championship. You happy now. I'm still going with my preseason predictions that I posted earlier. But predictions are never gonna be 100% correct.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby meatball77 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:44 am

i never said they will be the top team i said they will be in the top 4 in that region
meatball77
NDPreps Starter

Postby gobison#6 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:45 pm

I never accused you of saying they are gonna be the top team. I understand that you think they are going to be top 4. So do I. That is what I have tried to say the whole time. You just feel like I am trying to belittle FSHP and that is not what I am trying to do. This argument needs to end. I never tried to push your buttons or anything. I just, as a person who no longer plays, want to know about the season as it goes and everyone's thoughts. You have many good points and are definitely making good posts unlike that sportguy24. his post about a kid from California coming to Kindred cuz his house burnt down doesn't make sense.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby ClassBEast » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:17 am

gobison#6 wrote:Last spring Sundquist didn't even play baseball. He started the year playing but concentrated mainly on track. He is a pretty good high jumper.

He didn't do track last year either. He had surgery. And it's the long jump that he is good at. :wink:
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby gobison#6 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:33 am

ClassBEast wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:Last spring Sundquist didn't even play baseball. He started the year playing but concentrated mainly on track. He is a pretty good high jumper.

He didn't do track last year either. He had surgery. And it's the long jump that he is good at. :wink:
And high jump. Not a stud at it like Logan Mclean was but he competed in it and place often. Must have been his freshman year that he was in track. Forgot he long jumped too.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby theworldismine1999 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:09 am

Stemen from LaMoure he is a big kid throws pretty hard he will b a good pitcher if he can hit the spots and put people down.
theworldismine1999
NDPreps Starter

Postby theworldismine1999 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:38 am

Sportguy24 wrote:And I think dylan morehouse from Los Angeles california is goin to transfer to kindred because his house got burnt to the ground. And his grandparents live in kindred so he is moving in with them to play baseball

Wow i wonder how u would know that besides being either related or live in Kindred.
theworldismine1999
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:40 am

theworldismine1999 wrote:
Sportguy24 wrote:And I think dylan morehouse from Los Angeles california is goin to transfer to kindred because his house got burnt to the ground. And his grandparents live in kindred so he is moving in with them to play baseball

Wow i wonder how u would know that besides being either related or live in Kindred.

It was not a REAL statement...Sportguy24 has posted alot of 'make-believe' statements on here.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby CurlingIsMySport » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:07 am

Jalen Hashbarger- best player in the region imo. I think he has a good enough lineup around him to do damage and take this region. Central Cass will be good as always and same with Enderlin. I do think the region is down this year.

although I do dumb posts a lot...this is a serious one. I think i might start denoting serious posts and which ones are just to be dumb.

Also, who does Kindred have returning?
CurlingIsMySport
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Class B