Miss Basketball

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Miss Basketball

Postby yosports » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:40 am

basketballnut wrote:Scoobs:

Good list.

I can't agree with Herauf, who's on a 3-15 team, or Dehne (Larson has better numbers). I don't mind Longtin ahead of Mertens.

By the way, it was a good one today. DL beat the Bruins today. Elshaug was on fire. DL is coming along.

What is with this, "on a 3-15 team" stuff? So a player cannot be All State unless they are on a good team? That is baloney! I totally disagree! Either they are great or not great. Some years there just isn't a lot to work with but if you have a stud player like Herauf she should still be All State!
yosports
NDPreps Starter

Postby bruins44 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:14 am

I remember a few years ago Josie Bergen from Valley City was 1st team All State and her team Valley City lost EVERY game her Senior year!!!!!! I agree, great players sometimes have very little around them, that should not keep them off of an All Conference or All State team.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:09 pm

bruins44 wrote:I remember a few years ago Josie Bergen from Valley City was 1st team All State and her team Valley City lost EVERY game her Senior year!!!!!! I agree, great players sometimes have very little around them, that should not keep them off of an All Conference or All State team.

Great reference to an outstanding player! I agree with you. There are teams this year that could win their conference or conference tournament, and they won't have a guarantee all-stater on their roster.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby grlsbballfan » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:11 pm

basketballnut wrote:"When she decides to play." Come on. No MVP here. What we have is Randy Moss. There are plenty of other players in the EDC who deserve SAOY, and come to play every day. I can name more consistent players on South, Central, Shanley, Devils Lake. Kenney, who was averaging 10.5 ppg before she got loose against Central, needs to play much better defense to compete in college. Farroh had one bad game this season. How many have Roehrich, Kenney had? Yes, a few more;

Just to let you know Roehrich hasnt had a bad game this year. Maybe one if you consider her scoring 14 points in a game. Any other player in the state scores 14 points and that is a very good game for that player. I guess a person can say that is a bad game for Megan since her team expects alot more from her. My point is Shanley has a great team defense!! Farroh put up 4, Roehrich put up 20 last time they played. If you have any size at the posts like the Deacons. You can shut down another big girl, like Shanley did. Doesnt matter how big you are up front with Roehrich, she still gets her points. The only way to stop her is foul her which shows 184 FTA. If i am not mistaken thats what all good players do is get to the charity stripe.
grlsbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:28 pm

grlsbballfan wrote:
basketballnut wrote:"When she decides to play." Come on. No MVP here. What we have is Randy Moss. There are plenty of other players in the EDC who deserve SAOY, and come to play every day. I can name more consistent players on South, Central, Shanley, Devils Lake. Kenney, who was averaging 10.5 ppg before she got loose against Central, needs to play much better defense to compete in college. Farroh had one bad game this season. How many have Roehrich, Kenney had? Yes, a few more;

Just to let you know Roehrich hasnt had a bad game this year. Maybe one if you consider her scoring 14 points in a game. Any other player in the state scores 14 points and that is a very good game for that player. I guess a person can say that is a bad game for Megan since her team expects alot more from her. My point is Shanley has a great team defense!! Farroh put up 4, Roehrich put up 20 last time they played. If you have any size at the posts like the Deacons. You can shut down another big girl, like Shanley did. Doesnt matter how big you are up front with Roehrich, she still gets her points. The only way to stop her is foul her which shows 184 FTA. If i am not mistaken thats what all good players do is get to the charity stripe.

I don't think the voters will put too much drama into their thinking. I agree...she's tough. A Miss Basketball candidate that has an attitude can't be that shocking to a sportscaster/writer, and to them, the girls are always polite!
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby daviesfan » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:07 pm

Based on results the past two weeks, I'd go like this for all-state:

Bismarck, Hrurby (She's outperforming Century girls. A great player. She's averaging 17 ppg and 14 rpg)
South, Roehrich (Continues to shine both scoring and rebounding. She'll turn into a good find for UND)
TM, Golus (A big-time scorer and rebounder. At last check, 21 ppg, 14 rpg)
Mandan, Longtin (Led Mandan to region title. Top scorer and assist leader for Mandan, which came on late to overtake Century);
Central, Farroh, Fee (Farroh is like Dwight Howard when it comes to rebounding. Is there one she doesn't get? Nobody is more dominant. I saw No. 1-ranked Central play Davies in Grand Forks, Fee had 26 or 27 and probably close to 10 assists again. She's quick, with one-on-one skills and a great defender. Deserves honor but might not get it as second player).
Shanley, Kenney (best player on the hottest team in the state. Kenney controls the game on offense, she can score and is a great passer. The only thing keeping her from playing Division I is quickness. She's a great recruit for Augustana).
West Fargo, Holland (a good shooter with size. She can rebound, handle the ball, pass and create havoc on defene)
Devils Lake, Elshaug (she had 33 against South late in the year. She has good range for a big girl. South coach said there's no question Elshaug is a first-team all-stater. She should get the Firebirds to the state tournament after last year's disappointment).
Dickinson, Herauf, (good rebounder and scorer), or North, Dehne (quick and good driver to the basket for the Spartans)
daviesfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby daviesfan » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:55 am

I missed Johnson from Minot. Sorry
daviesfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby soccer09 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:02 pm

@daviesfan I agree with your list pretty much

also, everyone I know from Shanley tells me Kenney turned down a D1 offer from Idaho St. Said it was so she could be closer to home in SD at Augustana, even though its DII. Missed opportunity by ndsu/und for true pg.

I think the tourney will be proof of how far certain teams have come throughout the season. I'd say look for WF to miss out and South to make it.
soccer09
NDPreps Starter

Postby grlsbballfan » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:28 pm

daviesfan wrote:Based on results the past two weeks, I'd go like this for all-state:

Bismarck, Hrurby (She's outperforming Century girls. A great player. She's averaging 17 ppg and 14 rpg)
South, Roehrich (Continues to shine both scoring and rebounding. She'll turn into a good find for UND)
Mandan, Longtin (Led Mandan to region title. Top scorer and assist leader for Mandan, which came on late to overtake Century);
Central, Farroh, Fee (Farroh is like Dwight Howard when it comes to rebounding. Is there one she doesn't get? Nobody is more dominant. I saw No. 1-ranked Central play Davies in Grand Forks, Fee had 26 or 27 and probably close to 10 assists again. She's quick, with one-on-one skills and a great defender. Deserves honor but might not get it as second player).
Shanley, Kenney (best player on the hottest team in the state. Kenney controls the game on offense, she can score and is a great passer. The only thing keeping her from playing Division I is quickness. She's a great recruit for Augustana).
West Fargo, Holland (a good shooter with size. She can rebound, handle the ball, pass and create havoc on defene)
Devils Lake, Elshaug (she had 33 against South late in the year. She has good range for a big girl. South coach said there's no question Elshaug is a first-team all-stater. She should get the Firebirds to the state tournament after last year's disappointment).
Dickinson, Herauf, (good rebounder and scorer), or North, Dehne (quick and good driver to the basket for the Spartans)

Thats a good list. One comment on Hrurby, where has she been the last couple of years? Very good player!!
grlsbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby grlsbballfan » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:36 pm

soccer09 wrote:@daviesfan I agree with your list pretty much

also, everyone I know from Shanley tells me Kenney turned down a D1 offer from Idaho St. Said it was so she could be closer to home in SD at Augustana, even though its DII. Missed opportunity by ndsu/und for true pg.

I think the tourney will be proof of how far certain teams have come throughout the season. I'd say look for WF to miss out and South to make it.

Just curious where Idaho State recruited Kenney at. It wasnt ECI she played 2 years ago with Carew was it? Why not MSUM or University of Mary?
grlsbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby soccer09 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:28 pm

What do you mean about mary or msum? like why wouldnt she go there? I assume it's because Augustana is pretty close to home but better than those schools- can't speak for her, however.

No clue about when Idaho State saw her or anything like that, just know she flew out there, toured, and was offered full-ride.

Brings up a good Q- what other players are going to college ball? Know Roehrichs going to UND...others?
soccer09
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:55 am

grlsbballfan wrote:
daviesfan wrote:Based on results the past two weeks, I'd go like this for all-state:

Thats a good list. One comment on Hrurby, where has she been the last couple of years? Very good player!!

2 seasons ago Bismarck had a strong senior class who went on to win state, and last year they struggled with a new coach and a new roster. I agree that Hruby is having a great year.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby margoforehead » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:18 pm

annierebecca4252 wrote:Do you have to make it to State in order to be named to the All-State team?

I think Kenney is getting a lot of great mentions in this forum because of the excellent game she had against Central. But I don't believe there is an MVP of that team, just as there can't be an MVP of any EDC teams (besides perhaps South and West Fargo). There are four players who have carried Shanley at one time or another throughout this season. Rachel Weir just had terrific games against Red River and Devils Lake. And Carew has to be an all-state selection.

Seriously? Kenney not a team MVP? I would agree that there is an abundance of talent on the Shanley girls team but Kenney has the talent AND the leadership. She leads the state in assists. She has incredible stats but many of her contributions are not quantifiable in a stat book. She know how to play, how to movitate. And like a good leader she raises her teammates up. Many of her teammates, Weir included, are the beneficiaries of her great passing and aggressive, smart play. Trust me....I know basketball.
Tough game for the Deacons against South. Most difficult is watching the bad attitude on the part of the South players. Meghan Roerich may know how to play but it is almost painful to watch her poor sportsmanship. In good time basketball will end, but her character will remain,
margoforehead
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Yahyah » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:38 pm

There you go again. Please.go use the bathroom and Cr@p there. She doesn't have an attitude. She been like that since sophomore year. If you aren't use to it now, just be happy it is her last year in high school. I would say the same to kenny and carew but im a bigger person like that on the internet, omg brownie points to me on the internet; I didn't think that was possible. After typing that I being hypocrite. But serious dude stop being butt hurt... your posts are fail as well as my grammar, lack there of, skills
Yahyah
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wolves65 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:18 am

explain the poor sportsmanship in the south game.
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby lakerfan » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:16 am

Roerich an Fisher are unable to be called for a foul without throwing their arms up in disgust and looking at their coach like "OMG, they dared call me for a foul." I have never seen them EVER, just take a foul as most of the players in the EDC do. They are so dramatic on the court...give them an oscar for best floppers and best whiners. No question, Roerich is talented...it is her antics that make her so unbearable to watch.
lakerfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby margoforehead » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:40 am

I am happy this is Roerich's last year. It is just not fun to watch players, no matter how talented, when they exhibit such an air of entitlement or an air of indignation when things do not go their way. If she were my daughter, she would be having a Come to Jesus talk about now.

Look, every player plays to win and every parent loves their child and wants their team to win...that is the nature of the sport. But by the time these young women are juniors and seniors in high school more should be expected of them just good shooting. The antics and attitude on the court should not be tolerated by the coaches or the parents.

Certainly the Shanley girls were disappointed last night but I would say they were more gracious in defeat than South was in victory.
But I wish the best to all players.
margoforehead
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bruins44 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:48 pm

margoforehead wrote:Certainly the Shanley girls were disappointed last night but I would say they were more gracious in defeat than South was in victory.

Obviously you are a Shanley fan, What do you mean by the above statement? I dont think South players did anything after the game to think that the South girls were not as you say "gracious" winners. They just beat the team that was supposed to win the tournament, they earned a berth in the State tournament. Were they not supposed to celebrate?? Maybe Im missing something but I really dont get all this hate for South and Roehrich,
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby margoforehead » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:12 pm

Bruins44....I do not hate South or Roehrich. And furthermore, my kids all went to Oak Grove....I am not really a Shanley fan....I just love the game. I do not begrudge the Bruins happiness at winning. I am just commenting on their on court attitude...which left much to desired. Seriously does South need an NBA 3 shot and the end of the game when Shanley has their subs in? CHARACTER COUNTS. If you could see girls like Carew, Dehne, and Holland....all talented but with true sportsmanship on the court. I give Roehrich all the credit for her skills...just saying the overtop melodrama on the court has to go. I hope up at UND Gene, can reign her in and help her to be the best she can be. My vote for Miss Basketball is Farroh.... real talent and poise on and off the court
margoforehead
NDPreps Reserve

Postby grlsbballfan » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:08 pm

margoforehead wrote:I am happy this is Roerich's last year. It is just not fun to watch players, no matter how talented, when they exhibit such an air of entitlement or an air of indignation when things do not go their way. If she were my daughter, she would be having a Come to Jesus talk about now.

Look, every player plays to win and every parent loves their child and wants their team to win...that is the nature of the sport. But by the time these young women are juniors and seniors in high school more should be expected of them just good shooting. The antics and attitude on the court should not be tolerated by the coaches or the parents.

Certainly the Shanley girls were disappointed last night but I would say they were more gracious in defeat than South was in victory.

Edited and user warned
grlsbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby grlsbballfan » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:56 pm

margoforehead wrote:I am happy this is Roerich's last year. It is just not fun to watch players, no matter how talented, when they exhibit such an air of entitlement or an air of indignation when things do not go their way. If she were my daughter, she would be having a Come to Jesus talk about now.

WOW! You sit behind a screen and badmouth kids with a ficticious name. Your an adult, you should act like one! Would Jesus be proud of you? Do you realize kids get on here and read these posts? I believe your antics and attitude is a form of cyberbullying and THAT SHOULDNT BE TOLERATED! This site is not set up for complaining about players, coaches, teams,officals and fans...its here to demonstrate the spirit of GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP, wheres yours? Congrats to SOUTH on winning their 6th straight EDC CHAMPIONSHIP and good luck to all the participants next week at STATE!
grlsbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby bruins44 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:11 pm

Hey margoforehead: you have posted 4 times on here and every time you attack Meghan Roehrich, WHY?? do you get your kicks attacking 17 year old athletes?? some of the things you write should not be allowed by the administrators of this site! girlsbasketballfan, you said it all!!
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:32 am

I guess getting back to the topic... my guess is that it's down to Long from Class B and Roehrich from Class A.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby annierebecca4252 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:10 am

scoobyx2 wrote:I guess getting back to the topic... my guess is that it's down to Long from Class B and Roehrich from Class A.

What is the process for selection? How do Class B and Class A players get compared? Seems like a pretty difficult deal if they have never played against each other or even against similar opponents...
annierebecca4252
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:52 am

Not sure you should count out the Dietz? girl from Beach in this race...
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Girls