The 2011 Conference Tournaments

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

The 2011 Conference Tournaments

Postby annierebecca4252 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:07 pm

As for the East:
Who is/are the favorite(s)?
- Shanley and Central are very likely the favorites but...
- South has been playing REALLY well as of late!

Who are the surprises?
- I think North may have a good shot of earning a state berth

I have zero idea what is going to happen out West
- Did Mandan just lose to Dickinson?
- Century has lost two of their last three
- TM may have a shot since they have one of the best players in the state?
annierebecca4252
NDPreps Starter

Re: The 2011 Conference Tournaments

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:49 am

Bismarck is looking good going into the WDA. They don't have a major star, but are playing well as a team...a lot like their volleyball team who "quietly" won the state championship.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby gobison » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:43 am

Shanley vs. Central for EDC Championship game.
gobison
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:22 am

gobison wrote:Shanley vs. Central for EDC Championship game.

Mandan and BHS for the WDA Championship game.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballrocks245 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:24 pm

Who wins the games between South and West Fargo and North and Devils Lake then? (in order to qualify for state). I think South and North also qualify.

And in the west...who else qualifies? Must be Century...but who else?
bballrocks245
NDPreps Rookie

Postby yosports » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:32 pm

bballrocks245 wrote:

Who wins the games between South and West Fargo and North and Devils Lake then? (in order to qualify for state). I think South and North also qualify.

Are you thinking that North will beat Red River on Friday? RR has beat North both times this year. I think RR will win, DL will win and then it will be one of those teams going to State. On the other side, South will probably play WF to go to State. I am assuming Shanley and Central will play for the title. I predict that North and West Fargo stay home this year.
yosports
NDPreps Starter

Postby annierebecca4252 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:17 pm

yosports wrote:
bballrocks245 wrote:

Are you thinking that North will beat Red River on Friday? RR has beat North both times this year. I think RR will win, DL will win and then it will be one of those teams going to State. On the other side, South will probably play WF to go to State. I am assuming Shanley and Central will play for the title. I predict that North and West Fargo stay home this year.

I had not realized RR beath North twice this year and would not have guessed it. I am still going with them as the upset special. DL doesn't play well away from home, and North just gave Shanley a run for their money.
annierebecca4252
NDPreps Starter

Postby yosports » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:07 pm

Devils Lake is a well coached team who always seem to do well at tournament time. I think they will do well and be the 3rd or 4th out of the East.

Red River played Shanley close in both games. The first one (3 pts. loss?) Kenney was out but the second one both teams were full strength and RR gave them all they could handle. RR also played Central really close the second meeting so they are showing they are right up there with all the other strong teams in the East. It will be interesting. . .
yosports
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballrocks245 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:53 pm

DL did NOT do well last year in the EDC. They got blown out in two straight games I believe. I think FNH beats RR and the qualifier between DL and North could be the game of the tournament. Quite the individual match-ups there (Dehne v. Mertens; Elshaug v. Larson)
bballrocks245
NDPreps Rookie

Postby MoSiouxFan » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:50 pm

bballrocks245 wrote:DL did NOT do well last year in the EDC. They got blown out in two straight games I believe. I think FNH beats RR and the qualifier between DL and North could be the game of the tournament. Quite the individual match-ups there (Dehne v. Mertens; Elshaug v. Larson)

They did not do well last year, but I think that broke a string of 4 or 5 straight state tourn. appearances.
MoSiouxFan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby senser » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:55 pm

anywhere to listen to, or follow online the games starting at 345?
senser
NDPreps Starter

Postby daviesfan » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:16 pm

Fee and Roehrich lead teams to final

Rebecca Fee scored 23 points to help lift Grand Forks Central to a 78-58 victory against Devils Lake in the semifinals of the East Region girls basketball tournament at the Fargo Civic Center.

Meghan Roehrich scored 28 points to help lead Fargo South to a 70-53 victory against Fargo Shanley in the East Region girls basketball tournament semifinals at the Fargo Civic Center.

Shanley (18-3) had its 12-game winning streak snapped. The Bruins (15-6) play Grand Forks Central at 6:30 p.m. Saturday for the region championship.

Who's going to win tomorrow?
daviesfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby margoforehead » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:27 pm

Must be a disappointing loss for the Shanley girls. But I was SO impressed with the Deacon girls' graciousness and composure under pressure and in defeat. The South girls may be technically good players but it is hard to watch their bad attitude on the court. I just sensed that they were not good sports in victory. Grace in victory and defeat is a good trait in life.
margoforehead
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Yahyah » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:21 pm

EDITED They celebrated like any underdog team would after winning against a top dog team and going to the championship game. Now let's watch central crush south tomorrow. Omg I hope when central wins they don't jump up and down in the air and rush to there bench players to celebrate. (sarcasm)
Last edited by Run4Fun2009 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inappropriate word usage for this site!
Yahyah
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bruins44 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:11 am

margoforehead wrote:Must be a disappointing loss for the Shanley girls. But I was SO impressed with the Deacon girls' graciousness and composure under pressure and in defeat. The South girls may be technically good players but it is hard to watch their bad attitude on the court. I just sensed that they were not good sports in victory. Grace in victory and defeat is a good trait in life.

Talk about poor sports, just listen to the Shanley parents during games!! give me a break! South beat Shanley bad in the second half, give them credit! Shanley was suppost to win, the Deacon parents had them winning state a few weeks ago. Give me an example of poor sportsmanship by South?? PLEASE. Its always sour grapes when they lose to South! Congrats to the Bruins!! playing in the EDC championship for the 6th year in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby lakerfan » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:12 am

Bruin 44...hey, seriously, do you really need examples of Souths poor attitude??? Are Fisher or Roerich ever called for a foul where they don't raise their hands in disgust???? Roerich is the most entitled basketball player in the region. She is indignant if they call her for a foul. She cannot handle the ball...yes, she can shoot, but the one time she went behind the back tonight was pitiful.....! I do not have a child at either school but if the Shanley parents were upset, they had a right to be. The officiating was horrible...capital H, Horrible. Two times a shanley player was knocked out of bounds at the endline and it was ruled South's ball. It was shameful. It was a free for all out there and those refs need to go through a refresher course. Carew and Kenny did not display the antics that the aforementioned south players did....get some objectivity.
lakerfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby teamramrod » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:30 am

I couldnt agree more with lakerfan, I've watched Roehrich over the last 3 years and don't think I could name a time she got a foul called on her and just turned around a went back on defense. She could get an oscar for all that acting. It was nice to see Noel guard her last year at EDC cuz noel really knew how to put her in her place. I also agree with Bruin 44 about the shanley parents. I was at the Shanley South boys game tonight and a shanley mom was there by me constantly yelling at the ref or "attempting" to ridicule the south student section, she even got into an argument with another spectator about how perfect her son was. I dont think you can go a Shanley game w/o hearing quite a few parents cussin out the refs
teamramrod
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:28 am

I just read that she gets away with everything, and hasn't had anything called on her for 3 years, but all season it has been posted that South isn't a factor, and Roehrich is overrated, and it will be down to Central and Shanley. For some reason South seems to consistently play the last game of the tournament every year, and Roehrich is a factor. They won't take points off the board for bad attitude, and whining is not illegal...lol.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby yosports » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:08 pm

You are right but a bad attitude is still hard to watch.
Roehrich is a good player but she expects to get a foul called on the defense every time she drives to the basket. And she throws her arms up into the air and jumps into the defender to make it look like she got a foul. Good actress and I'm sure that has been coached into her. That will end in college.

It was pretty pitiful last night when Roehrich threw a bad pass (because of getting double teamed by 2 Shanley girls) and then she went off on two of her teammates. And South had a lead then so it was so unncecessary for her to sit and chew out her teammates. I have seen that for years and it is sickening. She did it in Vb also.
yosports
NDPreps Starter

Postby bruins44 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:31 pm

yosports wrote:You are right but a bad attitude is still hard to watch.
Roehrich is a good player but she expects to get a foul called on the defense every time she drives to the basket. And she throws her arms up into the air and jumps into the defender to make it look like she got a foul. Good actress and I'm sure that has been coached into her. That will end in college.

Expect to get fouled?? Great players draw fouls, she has been to the line an incredible 200+ times this year, I dont think refs just give her calls because she "throws her arms up into the air and jumps into the defender" She will end her career as one of the best scorers in the history of ND with over 1700 points....
Does she have an attitide? yes, does it irritate some people? obviously by all the Hate posts about her on this site. Did any of you watch Mattie Buck for Century the past few years? She also had an attitude, she is now playing big time minutes for the Sioux this season as a true freshman, Im sure Roebuck knows what he is getting in Roehrich and thats a winner, otherwise he wouldnt have given her a full ride.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby roundem6 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:54 pm

annierebecca4252 wrote:As for the East:
Who is/are the favorite(s)?
- Shanley and Central are very likely the favorites but...
- South has been playing REALLY well as of late!

Who are the surprises?
- I think North may have a good shot of earning a state berth

I have zero idea what is going to happen out West
- Did Mandan just lose to Dickinson?
- Century has lost two of their last three
- TM may have a shot since they have one of the best players in the state?

Good call on North.. Came back to beat Devils Lake this morning for a state berth.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby soccer09 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:48 pm

Do we know what happened out west?? Whatre the matchups?
soccer09
NDPreps Starter

Postby wolves65 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:20 pm

Bruin44, the first thing that Megan will have to learn is how to play defense when she goes to UND. The college game will be different and that will be a big adjustment. Good college players need to be good at both ends, she has the offense but will need work on the defense. Nice run by the south team but I would be scared of the 6 girl rotation next weekend. If Grand Forks would have quite trying to force it inside to Farroh all night and pushed the tempo of that game they would have gotten to South. You don't get tired on offense it is the defensive end that gets you.
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:14 am

soccer09 wrote:Do we know what happened out west?? Whatre the matchups?

1. Century
2. Minot
3. Bismarck
4. Jamestown
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby roundem6 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:16 am

Century vs North
Minot vs Shanley
Bismarck vs Central
Jamestown vs South