Rumors on Kretchman leaving Kindred????

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Rumors on Kretchman leaving Kindred????

Postby MV7KB24 I'm Back » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:04 pm

I have heard rumors from several reliable sources that Tanner Kretchman could be going to the Fargo Davies or possibely Oak Grove???? Anybody have any idea what the deal is???? It sure would be a shame if he left Kindred!
MV7KB24 I'm Back
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Rumors on Kretchman leaving Kindred????

Postby ClassBEast » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:48 pm

Well, he lives in the Davies school district, so I guess it's possible. Anyone know if he could legally transfer to Davies without sitting out a year? He currently open enrolls to Kindred.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby meatball77 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:56 pm

i heard that his parents didnt get the papers in to shanley in time this year but he is going there next year, that is what i heard about 50% sure
meatball77
NDPreps Starter

Postby wolves65 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:05 am

nice meatball about 50% sure, that is reliable and I would go public with that!
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ClassBEast » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:31 am

When Lloyd and Larson transfered to Oak Grove from South a couple of years ago, they had to sit out of varsity sports for a year. I would think that same rule would apply if Tanner decided to attend Shanley or Oak Grove next year. If he switched to Davies, that might be different - I'm not sure.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby GoPack#2 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:03 pm

I have heard these rumors to, but I dont know why he would want to leave Kindred should have a heck of a ball club next year with him.
"Give them nothing but take from them everything"
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby wolves65 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:13 pm

Having watched Kindred a number of times I think they will have a hard time replacing AJ Luick. Plankers is OK as long as he stays our of foul trouble. They will have 2 good guards but not alot to go with that. In boys basketball you will have a hard time winning with 2 guards. The 2 young guards would be best in an up-tempo game and they don't have the right mix for that type of team, just my opinion.
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indy5 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:51 pm

GoPack#2 wrote:I have heard these rumors to, but I dont know why he would want to leave Kindred should have a heck of a ball club next year with him.

Maybe the 30 mile trek to school everyday?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:22 pm

Why was he going to Kindred in the first place?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby footballchicken » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:04 pm

playing time...
footballchicken
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndakotasports94 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:11 pm

ClassBEast wrote:When Lloyd and Larson transfered to Oak Grove from South a couple of years ago, they had to sit out of varsity sports for a year. I would think that same rule would apply if Tanner decided to attend Shanley or Oak Grove next year. If he switched to Davies, that might be different - I'm not sure.

I believe that, because he is currently living in the Davies district, he can transfer into Davies and play unpenalized, however, without changing residences he would have to sit out if he transferred anywhere else.
ndakotasports94
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClassBEast » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:43 pm

ndakotasports94 wrote:
ClassBEast wrote:When Lloyd and Larson transfered to Oak Grove from South a couple of years ago, they had to sit out of varsity sports for a year. I would think that same rule would apply if Tanner decided to attend Shanley or Oak Grove next year. If he switched to Davies, that might be different - I'm not sure.

I believe that, because he is currently living in the Davies district, he can transfer into Davies and play unpenalized, however, without changing residences he would have to sit out if he transferred anywhere else.

Thanks. That's the information I was looking for.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ClassBEast » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:45 pm

Flip wrote:Why was he going to Kindred in the first place?

He wanted to play varsity as an 8th grader, which wasn't going to happen at Central Cass (we have to cut boys from the high school program and therefore don't have the need to move up JH kids).
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cast3 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:46 pm

he wanted to try out for B squad at CC
cast3
NDPreps Starter

Postby gobison44 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:28 pm

unbelievable. he wanted that or his parents wanted that?

hard to think that as a 13 or 14 year old, HE would want to leave his friends just to be able to play Junior Varsity as an 8th grader.
gobison44
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ClassBEast » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:03 am

gobison44 wrote:unbelievable. he wanted that or his parents wanted that?

hard to think that as a 13 or 14 year old, HE would want to leave his friends just to be able to play Junior Varsity as an 8th grader.

You're right. His dad wanted that. I'm sure Tanner would have been happy to stay in Casselton.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:20 am

Now I have to ask, why was he going to Central Cass?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ClassBEast » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:32 am

Flip wrote:Now I have to ask, why was he going to Central Cass?

He grew up in Casselton and attended Central Cass through 7th grade.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby gobison#6 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:25 pm

ClassBEast wrote:
Flip wrote:Now I have to ask, why was he going to Central Cass?

He grew up in Casselton and attended Central Cass through 7th grade.

Yep. His dad was even the Central Cass coach in the late 90's and early 2000's.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:40 pm

ndakotasports94 wrote:

What year did he start at Kindred? There is an area in Fargo (in what is now the Davies area) that was part of the Kindred school district. Especially down by the Oxbow area where some of the kids still have the option to go to Kindred. There is a some kind of grand-fathered clause associated with it. Those kids can go to Davies without a penalty. Otherwise, its 180 days, and not a year...correct?
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ClassBEast » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:16 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:
ndakotasports94 wrote:

What year did he start at Kindred? There is an area in Fargo (in what is now the Davies area) that was part of the Kindred school district. Especially down by the Oxbow area where some of the kids still have the option to go to Kindred. There is a some kind of grand-fathered clause associated with it. Those kids can go to Davies without a penalty. Otherwise, its 180 days, and not a year...correct?

They rented a home near the school in Kindred during Tanner's 8th grade year. Last summer, they built a home in south Fargo and he started open enrolling to Kindred his freshman year (this year).
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:19 pm

The way I understand it is if he is open enrolled at Kindred he is able to enroll in his home district (Davies) one time without penalty. don't know how it would work for going to Shanley or oak grove
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby midwest » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:49 pm

He would have to sit out a year at Shanley or OG
Working Hard or Hardly Working
midwest
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Boys