2011 EDC Tournament Pick'em

Teams of the East

Who will win the EDC Tournament in 2011?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:10 pm

Grand Forks RR
20%
West Fargo
7%
Devils Lake
7%
Fargo South/Shanley
7%
Grand Forks Central
13%
Fargo North
20%
Grafton/Park River
13%
Fargo Davies
13%
Wahpeton/Breckenridge
No votes

Total votes : 15

2011 EDC Tournament Pick'em

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:10 pm

Sorry, I've been really busy this year. Apologize for not updating this.
However, season is getting through its growing pains, you know the drill.

(1) Vote for who you think will take the number one seed for the 2011 EDC Tournament.
(2) Rank (from 1-9) what place you think each team will take.

Polling ends February 13th!
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Re: 2011 EDC Tournament Pick'em

Postby Clark17 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:50 pm

Should probably wait a couple weeks to do this, but I'm going to anyways. It would appear right now that the EDC will be something special to watch this year as it is possibly 6 teams deep. The close games, the ties, GPR turning it on when a lot people probably thought, including myself, they didn't have sniff of making the cut. Where did they come from? Must be a GPR thing, should have known better I guess. It really looked like GFC was the clear favorite to me, but after recent ties to both GPR and DL (not to take away from those two teams) it does not look quite the same. WF started off really strong too, but how do you explain a win over GFC followed up by an 8-2 loss to South? RR?, GFC had their way with them and they are somewhat floundering at the moment. After a one goal loss to GPR, DL has a run of three ties, two of them against who thought would be 1 and 2 in the EDC for certain. Too bad someone will have to sit out. Here are my picks.

Final Standings
1.) GFC
2.) WF
3.) DL
4.) GPR
5.) RR
6.) South
7.) North
8.) Davies
9.) Whap.

EDC Tourn.
1.) GFC
2.) DL
3.) WF-sq
4.) GPR-sq

Don't laugh when I'm nowhere near close. Lot of key games left, should be a fun month.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby MoSiouxFan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:40 am

Clark17 wrote:Should probably wait a couple weeks to do this, but I'm going to anyways. It would appear right now that the EDC will be something special to watch this year as it is possibly 6 teams deep. The close games, the ties, GPR turning it on when a lot people probably thought, including myself, they didn't have sniff of making the cut. Where did they come from? Must be a GPR thing, should have known better I guess. It really looked like GFC was the clear favorite to me, but after recent ties to both GPR and DL (not to take away from those two teams) it does not look quite the same. WF started off really strong too, but how do you explain a win over GFC followed up by an 8-2 loss to South? RR?, GFC had their way with them and they are somewhat floundering at the moment. After a one goal loss to GPR, DL has a run of three ties, two of them against who thought would be 1 and 2 in the EDC for certain. Too bad someone will have to sit out. Here are my picks.

Final Standings
1.) GFC
2.) WF
3.) DL
4.) GPR
5.) RR
6.) South
7.) North
8.) Davies
9.) Whap.

EDC Tourn.
1.) GFC
2.) DL
3.) WF-sq
4.) GPR-sq

Don't laugh when I'm nowhere near close. Lot of key games left, should be a fun month.

Basically agree, but would have Red River finishing 3rd in the final standings and edging out GPR for one of the state qualifying spots.
MoSiouxFan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Clark17 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:56 am

Clark17 wrote:Should probably wait a couple weeks to do this, but I'm going to anyways. It would appear right now that the EDC will be something special to watch this year as it is possibly 6 teams deep. The close games, the ties, GPR turning it on when a lot people probably thought, including myself, they didn't have sniff of making the cut. Where did they come from? Must be a GPR thing, should have known better I guess. It really looked like GFC was the clear favorite to me, but after recent ties to both GPR and DL (not to take away from those two teams) it does not look quite the same. WF started off really strong too, but how do you explain a win over GFC followed up by an 8-2 loss to South? RR?, GFC had their way with them and they are somewhat floundering at the moment. After a one goal loss to GPR, DL has a run of three ties, two of them against who thought would be 1 and 2 in the EDC for certain. Too bad someone will have to sit out. Here are my picks.

Final Standings
1.) GFC
2.) WF
3.) DL
4.) GPR
5.) RR
6.) South
7.) North
8.) Davies
9.) Whap.

EDC Tourn.
1.) GFC
2.) DL
3.) WF-sq
4.) GPR-sq

Not so sure about my DL pick at the moment.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby Clark17 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:32 am

Clark17 wrote:

Final Standings
1.) GFC
2.) WF
3.) DL
4.) GPR
5.) RR
6.) South
7.) North
8.) Davies
9.) Whap.

EDC Tourn.
1.) GFC
2.) DL
3.) WF-sq
4.) GPR-sq

Ya, and I guess I really overlooked North too. Quite a run they are having.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby MoSiouxFan » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:15 am

Clark17 wrote:

Final Standings
1.) GFC
2.) WF
3.) DL
4.) GPR
5.) RR
6.) South
7.) North
8.) Davies
9.) Whap.

EDC Tourn.
1.) GFC
2.) DL
3.) WF-sq
4.) GPR-sq

Likewise.
MoSiouxFan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Spoiler92 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:16 pm

I have heard a rumor WF will be having upwards of 7 players suspended this week, if so there is no way they will be in the top four at Regional tourney.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing!
Spoiler92
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:32 pm

Spoiler92 wrote:I have heard a rumor WF will be having upwards of 7 players suspended this week, if so there is no way they will be in the top four at Regional tourney.

Yep...I've heard that rumor too
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ih8gophers » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:09 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Spoiler92 wrote:I have heard a rumor WF will be having upwards of 7 players suspended this week, if so there is no way they will be in the top four at Regional tourney.

Does it have something to do with the kids getting suspended for the distribution of rx drugs?
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

Postby penguinshockey15 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:18 am

ih8gophers wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

Does it have something to do with the kids getting suspended for the distribution of rx drugs?

Of those kids suspended, i believe one of them dresses/watches Varsity from the pine. Shouldn't be a huge hit on them considering their team is made up of 5-6 players..
Last edited by penguinshockey15 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
penguinshockey15
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:20 am

Fargo South/Shanley looked very good tonight agaist Fargo North...winning 6-4
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby bagelmeister » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:25 pm

i think standings will mean very little this year. wf is one of the top teams, south pounded them earlier this year. north is also high, and has tied davies. i think it will all come down to who can show up come edc.
bagelmeister
NDPreps Rookie

Postby oly2 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:54 pm

So the wf kids who got suspended most or all of them didn't play?
oly2
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:07 am

Scores from tonight

West Fargo 2 GF Red River 1
Fargo South/Shanley 6 GF Central 4
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Sportshound » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:52 am

Picks---and How things could turn up for SQ teams from East.
Final Standings - Just a guess..
1.) WF
2.) GFRR
3.) GPR
4.) GFC
5.) North
6.) DL
7.) South
8.) Davies
9.) Whap.

EDC Tourn.
1.) South- after struggling to find their groove--do so and run with the talent they have.
2.) WF- played solid all year. and have deserved their standing position. Lose in close one to South at EDC.
3.) GFRRsq- after Winning 1st game(losing in semi's to South)-cross Bracket- beat GPR in SQ game
4.) Davies-sq *losing to #1-WF.. Coming off Backside---after beating North and then DL to SQ for first time
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ih8gophers » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:06 pm

Sportshound wrote:Picks---and How things could turn up for SQ teams from East.
Final Standings - Just a guess..
1.) WF
2.) GFRR
3.) GPR
4.) GFC
5.) North
6.) DL
7.) South
8.) Davies
9.) Whap.

EDC Tourn.
1.) South- after struggling to find their groove--do so and run with the talent they have.
2.) WF- played solid all year. and have deserved their standing position. Lose in close one to South at EDC.
3.) GFRRsq- after Winning 1st game(losing in semi's to South)-cross Bracket- beat GPR in SQ game
4.) Davies-sq *losing to #1-WF.. Coming off Backside---after beating North and then DL to SQ for first time

umm. The way you have the bracket set up RR can't lose to south in the semis when they would meet in the first round. #2RR vs. #7 South. Might want to adjust that.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

Postby dhausdog » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:30 pm

Are there any up-dated score from out east
dhausdog
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:01 am

GF Red River 3 G-PR 1
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King