Best team In EDC

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Best team In EDC

Postby mnvikings1 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:43 pm

I've noticed that Valley City is in the mix this year with a winning record so far. Will their success continue through out the remainder of the regular season and into the EDC tournament?
mnvikings1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:33 pm

GF Red River 67
Fargo South 60

FINAL
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby auburn_boy » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:07 pm

South is most athletic team in edc and state yet is poorly coached, South for some reason cannot beat RR
auburn_boy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SpartanGuy » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:31 pm

I agree South is very athletic. What I like about them is they play with alot of passion. The two times I seen them play they see to play with intensity that I wish my team played with. The problem that they are going to run into sometimes is controlling that intensity in a tightly officiated game. The guards love to hack at you and the posts are very physical that works as long as the officals let them. We will have to wait and see if they can adjust to the way some games are called.
SpartanGuy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby secondwind » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:50 pm

South's players are much the product of the coach. Henrickson spends too much time chirping at the officials rather than coaching his team. His players often act in the same way as they are hearing all this and will treat calls & officials in similar manner.....

As far as North....One big thing that stands out is overall poor freethrow shooting....especially with some of their key players. It will loose you several games a season and will definatley bite you in the end when tournament time comes around. They also lack strong outside shooting other than Syverson. Teams pack it in on them and dare North to beat them from the outside.
secondwind
NDPreps Starter

Postby SpartanGuy » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:18 pm

I couldnt agree more secondwind. I have been saying that all year that the free throw shooting was going to kill us. We always seem to get lots of shots around the hoop teams are going to start fouling us and making us earn those easy points. The outside game has been good some games and absolutly dismal at times.
SpartanGuy
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Boys