EDC Hall of Fame

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

EDC Hall of Fame

Postby heimer » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:13 pm

I'm not usually one to just start a fun thread, but I watch on the "B" side, how the talk about the best players from a district or region over the last however-many years, and I got to thinking that the EDC has had some top-shelf talent over it's life. We should discuss it.

So, on this thread, list the nominations for EDC Hall of Fame players. You can/should also discuss the merits of each player, even if it was not your listing. I'll start with four.

Valley City--Jeff Boschee (first balloter)
Fargo Shanley--Nick (?) Jacobson (is that the right first name?) (first balloter)
Fargo North--Tyler Koenig
Devils Lake--Travis Mertens
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Re: EDC Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:21 pm

Eric Erdmann. Jordan May.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:49 pm

Where and what is Jordan doing now?
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:51 pm

He does not play anymore. Last I heard, he was at MSUM.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:12 pm

I would put Justin, Josh, and Ryan Johnson from Devils Lake in the Hall of Fame before I put Travis. Travis was a excellent player but I don't know if he would be hall of fame worthy. Just my opinion.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby T$$ » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:37 pm

I am not sure how to spell his name but scott mrzschajk should be right behind boschee. Bollinger was also good at gfc
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby heimer » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:19 pm

ndfan wrote:I would put Justin, Josh, and Ryan Johnson from Devils Lake in the Hall of Fame before I put Travis. Travis was a excellent player but I don't know if he would be hall of fame worthy. Just my opinion.

This is exactly why I brought this thread up. It's good to get perspective on the players that made the conference go.

I think, if the EDC had a hall-of fame, that Mertens would eventually make it, maybe not right away. But the Johnsons could very well be ahead of him.

T$$ wrote:I am not sure how to spell his name but scott mrzschajk should be right behind boschee. Bollinger was also good at gfc

Good names. I don't remember the spelling of the guy from WF, but it was pronounced "MI-shack".

I think, to further the argument, we should include coaches as well. Any coach names that belong in the hall?
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys