Openers

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Openers

Postby collegesports_77 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:12 pm

When are some of the opening games this season?
collegesports_77
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Openers

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:00 pm

Minot @ Bismarck Dec 9
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:25 pm

Shanley already opened last Saturday with a win @ St. Mary's...AJ Jacobson dropped in 30 points. They travel to Devils Lake tonight
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:45 pm

Shanley defeats DL 83-53
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Schmidty22 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:27 pm

Century vs. St. Mary's Century showing off there new navy road jerseys
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Postby secondwind » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:44 pm

Regarding Shanley.... Patrick Strom, freshman, is logging a lot of minutes already and making a big impact. More than Jacobson was at this point last season even. We'll be hearing a lot from these two for the next several years. He's still very young, and I hate saying things like this about young players, but I honestly think Strom is the best looking pure shooter I've seen since Boshee.....I kid you not.
secondwind
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:00 pm

Didn't see Boschee in high school, but Strom does have a very pretty stroke.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:41 pm

What is there out west in terms of size? I know Shanley is definitely one of the favorites right now but come state tourney time, idk if they could handle a legitimate low-post player.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:18 pm

BHS-Dexter Werner/Leighton Talmadge. MHS-Jesse Crosby/Dustin Adams. CHS-Carson Wentz/Chris Rivinius. MHS-Janz/Zinke. JHS-Jordan Thoreson/Nathan Willer. SMCHS-Jon Preszler/Brad Obritcsh. DHS-Nate Moody/Tyrell Parker. Williston-Nate Smith.

I do not know much about Turtle Mountain.

If a team wants to beat Shanley, they will need to slow Rodenbiker and Jacobson, two of the state's best players. I do wonder, however, if Shanley would be fine anyway. Montplaisir, Dunn, and Strom can score, it just seems that they do not need to score as much as they could.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:52 pm

BHS looked solid in their opener. I had Werner with 23 and 12. Talmadge had about 14 and 10. Fitterer stretched the floor, with 3 three pointers, about 13 points. Liggins was effective with his jump shot. I believe he finished with 11.

Minot struggled with fouls the entire game. The BHS interior will be difficult to score on. Talmadge, Werner, and Liggins are formidable in the paint defensively.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:05 am

balla45 wrote:BHS looked solid in their opener. I had Werner with 23 and 12. Talmadge had about 14 and 10. Fitterer stretched the floor, with 3 three pointers, about 13 points. Liggins was effective with his jump shot. I believe he finished with 11.

Minot struggled with fouls the entire game. The BHS interior will be difficult to score on. Talmadge, Werner, and Liggins are formidable in the paint defensively.

Both teams started very close in the opening of the game but BHS put it together for the win. As you said Balla45, BHS is tuff on the inside. Dex will be unstoppable this year. He's stronger and has help with Talmadge on the inside with offense which opens the outside.

Minot... Has to play as a team and be patience on offense. When they were patience, they scored. They forced alot of bad shots, IMO and too many turn overs.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby Schmidty22 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:50 pm

I dont think anyone will be able to stop Dex this season he is an absolute freight train inside.
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Postby pistol33 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:45 pm

secondwind wrote:Regarding Shanley.... Patrick Strom, freshman, is logging a lot of minutes already and making a big impact. More than Jacobson was at this point last season even. We'll be hearing a lot from these two for the next several years. He's still very young, and I hate saying things like this about young players, but I honestly think Strom is the best looking pure shooter I've seen since Boshee.....I kid you not.
Last edited by pistol33 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pistol33
NDPreps Rookie

Postby roundem6 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:42 pm

North beat Minot in OT.
Schnabel was in double figures, Syverson 16, Schultz 15
Steinwand 24
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Boys