Joe Hanstad

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Joe Hanstad

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:29 pm

Indy5 wrote:
balla45 wrote:I still firmly believe that Dickinson will compete for a state title. Also, Hanstad took third place at state as a sophomore, scoring 42 points in a win over Bismarck High. Had that Dickinson team not run into a 24-1 Mandan team, it seems likely that Dickinson would have won state that season.

I thought they played Red River in the 3rd place game, not Bismarck.

just to clarify Indy5's comment...

Bismarck vs Wahpeton (Bismarck wins)
West Fargo vs Williston (West Fargo wins)
Fargo North vs Mandan (Mandan wins)
Dickinson vs GF Red River (Dickinson wins)

WF defeated Bismarck
Mandan defeated Dickinson

and balla45 knows the rest...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Indy5 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:30 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
balla45 wrote:I still firmly believe that Dickinson will compete for a state title. Also, Hanstad took third place at state as a sophomore, scoring 42 points in a win over Bismarck High. Had that Dickinson team not run into a 24-1 Mandan team, it seems likely that Dickinson would have won state that season.

I thought they played Red River in the 3rd place game, not Bismarck.

just to clarify Indy5's comment...

Bismarck vs Wahpeton (Bismarck wins)
West Fargo vs Williston (West Fargo wins)
Fargo North vs Mandan (Mandan wins)
Dickinson vs GF Red River (Dickinson wins)

WF defeated Bismarck
Mandan defeated Dickinson

and balla45 knows the rest...

I guess your right. I was more asking because I figured balla45 had a better memory of it than me. I just thought they played Red River in the 3rd place game, but apparently it was in the first round.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Topgun » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:39 pm

Who else dose Dickinson have other the Hanstad
Topgun
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDsports35 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:12 am

Topgun wrote:Who else dose Dickinson have other the Hanstad

Best players in order
1. Joe Hanstad
Reasons obvious
2. Jesse Kessel
When all is said and done this season, he more than likely will be all-state. He has absolute superb ball handling skills and can shoot the lights out when he's on. Work ethic is second to none. Creates his own shots better than almost anyone.
3. Nate Moody
Great athlete. Strong. Willing to do whatever to win. Very good 3 point shooter.
4. Jarl Abrahamson
Experience plays a big role and Abrahamson has it. He's been playing since his Freshman year and hasn't stopped progressing. This year will be light years better than his past ones.
5. Jon Wanner
Fundamental guard with a sweet touch and a consistent shot. Strength is the biggest issue as he looks as if his almost 6' frame can't weigh 140 lbs. None the less, he will be good.
6. Tanner Steffan
Steffan is a do it all player. Senior leadership, yes. Acceptable jump shot, yes. Athleticism, yes. He'll play a lot and do a little of everything.
7. Nick Lupo
Senior leader and solid asset. He will do what he's told and bring a leadership element to the team. His will to win is right up there with Moody's and Hanstad's. Consistent 3 point shooter.
8. Grant Dvorak
This kid is also a good, strong athlete like Moody. Good defender and very competitive. He will be a big boost for the Midgets. He's willing to do the dirty work.
9. Austin Fournier
The reason I put him on here is because he is the next best player on the team. He shoots well (not always consistently) and thrives in situations where all eyes are on him. He will see time and be someone who may pick the team up when they need some scoring done.
Others- Vance Volesky(Center), Luke Hanel(Guard), Jayden Steier(Guard), Tanner Halter(Guard)
NDsports35
NDPreps Starter

Postby Topgun » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:04 pm

Maby they will have as shot at state
Topgun
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDsports35 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:32 pm

Topgun wrote:Maby they will have as shot at state

The favorite in my opinion.
NDsports35
NDPreps Starter

Postby BHSrunner » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:04 pm

It should go without saying, but using team accomplishments to gauge individual skill is just a really unintelligent thing to do.

I completely agree with what you were getting at. The overall talent level on his team has never been high enough for him to make up for the deficit by himself. It's like blaming LeBron for losing in the playoffs in 08 even though he had some of the best play in NBA history.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby chosen_one » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:57 am

the only reason joe has so many points is he never leaves the floor even if they are winning big. so he gets those slop points.
chosen_one
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:47 pm

Do you have an example of this? Last season, Dickinson won one game by over twenty points.

Your statement was terrible, and I, along with many others, disagree with it in full.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:17 pm

balla45 wrote:Do you have an example of this? Last season, Dickinson won one game by over twenty points.

Your statement was terrible, and I, along with many others, disagree with it in full.

I'm with ya also balla45. Hanstad is a legit BB player (EASILY the BEST in the State this year)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:48 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
balla45 wrote:Do you have an example of this? Last season, Dickinson won one game by over twenty points.

I'm with ya also balla45. Hanstad is a legit BB player (EASILY the BEST in the State this year)

I agree. He is an extremely talented player. I do question the prediction of Dickinson winning state tho. Where did all the support players come from? They struggled all year last year, and didn't seem to improve at all playing thru the WDA.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:41 pm

Look at the other WDA teams.

Williston, Jamestown, Belcourt, and Saint Mary's do not have very talented teams in my opinion.

Century returns Ledger, but is unproven after that. Bismarck returns Werner, but is unproven after that. Minot and Mandan return a lot, but Mandan did lose 4 starters. I'm just personally not high on Minot. Dickinson returns everyone, including the best player in the state. I think it is a toss up between Dickinson and Mandan.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDsports35 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:55 am

scoobyx2 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

I agree. He is an extremely talented player. I do question the prediction of Dickinson winning state tho. Where did all the support players come from? They struggled all year last year, and didn't seem to improve at all playing thru the WDA.

Completely agreed. Just about every game Dickinson won last year and the year before have been competitive.
NDsports35
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:56 am

balla45 wrote:Look at the other WDA teams.

Williston, Jamestown, Belcourt, and Saint Mary's do not have very talented teams in my opinion.

Century returns Ledger, but is unproven after that. Bismarck returns Werner, but is unproven after that. Minot and Mandan return a lot, but Mandan did lose 4 starters. I'm just personally not high on Minot. Dickinson returns everyone, including the best player in the state. I think it is a toss up between Dickinson and Mandan.

So basically the support talent on all the teams have dropped to the level of Dickinson's, so with the best player in the state, Dickinson should win.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:57 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:

So basically the support talent on all the teams have dropped to the level of Dickinson's, so with the best player in the state, Dickinson should win.

Pretty much. I still think it is between Mandan and Dickinson in the WDA, and Shanley and North in the EDC.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:50 pm

balla45 wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:

Pretty much. I still think it is between Mandan and Dickinson in the WDA, and Shanley and North in the EDC.

Fair enough...I'll agree with you. I will go with Mandan in the WDA. I think Hanstad is the best player in the state, but will need to come through when the game hasn't already been decided. Shanley in the EDC.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby GRB » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:59 am

Just a look back.

Joes first varsity point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7ZMXtVcswM
GRB
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:37 am

quite then, ah, celebration for a guys first point haha
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:33 pm

GRB wrote:Just a look back.

Joes first varsity point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7ZMXtVcswM

Joe Hanstad is, without a doubt, the best player in ND this year. However, isn't this a bit much?
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:40 pm

I don't see the problem. GRB has been around the Hanstads for a long time and has a video of him from when he was younger. It is also posted in the "Joe Hanstad" topic.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 pm

I personally like the sequence that led up to the first point. barely in the game a minute, gets a steal, coast to coast, and 1. pretty cool first points.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:39 am

Hanstad with 42. Dickinson wins 73-49.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:22 pm

balla45 wrote:I don't see the problem. GRB has been around the Hanstads for a long time and has a video of him from when he was younger. It is also posted in the "Joe Hanstad" topic.

Yeah, probably just caught me wrong.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby BHSrunner » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:15 am

His shot is so pure.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby Schmidty22 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:40 pm

He is pure boss I actually think he will mkae an impact at Boise State and I think he will go down as one of the best players in ND history.
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys