Take Your Pick For EDC

Teams of the East

Take Your Pick For EDC

Postby Westisthebest » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:34 pm

Who do you think will be the leading contenders of the EDC this up coming season (2010-2011)
Here are my thoughts:
1) South (Etches, foster up front. question mark in net)
2) GPR (young talent in Callahan, goal tending can be unreal at times)
3) RR (Zauhi, Fugleberg, Lazotte, have opertunity for them to be higher, neis will be goalie but is out for first 2 games which could be devistating.)
4) GFC (Returning state champs should know how to win, Luke Johnson(barring he doesnt leave to St Cloud with his dad), Johnny Simonson, Jordy Aamot, Jeremy O'Keefe all had logged large amounts of playing time this past season, Question mark is huge in the net with no net minders to speak of except fuller maybe?)
5) West Fargo (all around average team with a goalie, could make things interesting.)
6) Fargo Davies ( a bit of a mystery coming in but could do some damage)
7) Fargo North
Westisthebest
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Take Your Pick For EDC

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:48 pm

doesn't Wahpeton have a squad?
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby penguinshockey15 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:36 am

Westisthebest wrote:Who do you think will be the leading contenders of the EDC this up coming season (2010-2011)
Here are my thoughts:
1) South (Etches, foster up front. question mark in net)
2) GPR (young talent in Callahan, goal tending can be unreal at times)
3) RR (Zauhi, Fugleberg, Lazotte, have opertunity for them to be higher, neis will be goalie but is out for first 2 games which could be devistating.)
4) GFC (Returning state champs should know how to win, Luke Johnson(barring he doesnt leave to St Cloud with his dad), Johnny Simonson, Jordy Aamot, Jeremy O'Keefe all had logged large amounts of playing time this past season, Question mark is huge in the net with no net minders to speak of except fuller maybe?)
5) West Fargo (all around average team with a goalie, could make things interesting.)
6) Fargo Davies ( a bit of a mystery coming in but could do some damage)
7) Fargo North

Just have to let you know, these are brutal picks.

We will start from the top of your "detailed" rankings

Etches is out for 4 games, foster goes to davies, and their goalie will be fiebger who has backed them up for 3 years now?

Grafton's goalie graduated, quite the "unreal goaltending" from college eh?

Fugleberg is injured for awhile, and neis being gone for 2 games isn't going to decide much for they play Wahp and Crookston (big games)

GFC 4th? LJ has the skill to carry the team on his own, but he is only a sophmore, so obviously wouldn't go to st. cloud with his dad...

Wf being average? they lost 1 good Defense and 1 good Forward...and they are going to be average? they have a few of the best players in the east, and a great goaltender, i'd give them a little more credit than that.

Nice pick on Davies though, they are made up of 2 jv south players and the rest bantam A/B kids, there is one kid taller than 5' and the rest are going to have a rough awakening playing against some big teams..

Fargo North deserves a little more credit than a blank space, they have plenty of young talent and both goaltenders returning, they also have seniors on their team that have played for 3 years now, should be interesting.

And I must have missed the other teams? Did Devils Lake join the West and Wahpeton join the USHL or what did i miss?

:D
penguinshockey15
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fargohockey1093 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:12 pm

I have to disagree on those picks being absolutely brutal. I think there are a couple mistakes but let me first take my picks.

1. Fargo South (Always has some nice talent, the addition of 3 to 5 Shanley players should help them)
2. Grand Forks Red River (Similar to south and could swap with south, I just dont believe they are quite #1)
3. West Fargo (Returning a lot of talent, made a good run in the edc last year)
4. Devils Lake (Returning excellent goaltender and most players, did decent in edc last year)
5. Grand Forks Central (Word on the street is they have lost almost all the hot shots including a big ? mark in the net, if they didnt lose as many people as I have heard they would obviously be ranked top 2)
6. Grafton Park River (Not a whole lot to say)
7. Fargo North (Two game knockout in edc last year, lost a lot of talent but replaced with the same which leaves them in the same area as last year)
8. Fargo Davies (Young team, will struggle with not much talent)
9. Wahpeton (What else is there to say, maybe they were hoping for davies to be included in the south shanley coop so they would make it to edc but I guess their luck just ran out)
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDsports19 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:50 am

South will be awefull. The two grand forks teams are gonna be dominant this year
NDsports19
NDPreps Reserve

Postby oly2 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:47 am

I hear that central lost Luke Johnson, Purpur is playing for alexandria, Danny Ray left for the bobcats, Although Simonson is still there, Century has also lost their most of their top guns, Nelson starting golie sense a freshman left to play in Cali, Kovar is playing for the Bobcats, And Kusler is in Owatanna. To bad i would love to see those teams have all their kids playing in the Finals.
oly2
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:11 am

This may seem dumb to most of you. But regardless of who they all lost Central being the DEFENDING state champion should be the number 1 pick for the state UNTIL they are beaten?
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to EDC