2010 All State* Team

The teams in Class A

2010 All State* Team

Postby SUFan » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:01 pm

Here is the North Dakota Class A high school all-state football team, as selected by the state coaches' association.

N.D. Class A

all-state team

First-team offense

Quarterbacks -- North Prairie sr. Jaden Pfeifer, Milnor-North Sargent jr. Josh Hansana, Watford City sr. Trey Jacobson, Velva sr. Jon Mack

Running backs -- Rugby sr. Eric Kuntz, Velva sr. Collin Kittelson, Watford City sr. Brady Lund

Tight end -- North Prairie sr. Nick Cahill

Receivers -- Cavalier sr. Brandon Chrest, Milnor-North Sargent sr. Philip Enderson

Line -- North Prairie sr. Carl Nelson, Velva sr. Codee Lee, Watford City sr. Douglas Nordby, Linton-HMB sr. Levi Roemmich.

First-team defense

Line -- Oakes sr. Alex Breitbach, Watford City sr. Karson Knudtson, Milnor-North Sargent sr. Ryan Martinson, Velva jr. Jed Jespersen

Linebackers -- Cavalier sr. Jared Mack, Rugby sr. Jason Goetz, Watford City sr. Kalin Mogen, Linton-HMB sr. Derek Roemmich

Defensive backs -- Harvey jr. M.J. Stumpf, Watford City sr. Nick Liebel, Velva sr. Jordan Weidler

Second-team offense

Cavalier -- sr. Brennan Thorlakson; Langdon-Munich -- sr. Dylan Crockett; Rugby -- sr. Mitch Roerick; Milnor-North Sargent -- sr. Andrew Greenmyer; Maple Valley-Enderlin -- sr. Andrew Kaupan; LaMoure-LM -- sr. Gene Smith; Linton-HMB -- sr. Kelsey Larson; Velva -- sr. Josh Sandy and sr. Zac Craig; Des Lacs-Burlington -- sr. Colby Lund; Hazen -- soph. Stetson Carr; Killdeer -- sr. Josh Kuntz; Watford City -- jr. Shawn Fulwider.

Second-team defense

Larimore -- soph. P.J. Peterson; Cavalier -- sr. Brady Robbins; North Prairie -- sr. Nathan Joraanstad; Maple Valley-Enderlin -- jr. Ethan Preston and sr. Michael Nord; Harvey -- jr. Tucker Nordby and soph. Devin Haxton; Linton-HMB -- sr. Toby Wald; Williams County -- sr. Jordan Rehak; Stanley-Powers Lake -- sr. Colton Maruskie; Hazen -- sr. Coy Sebastian and sr. Bryon McLaughlin; Killdeer -- sr. Hunter Lundquist.
SUFan
NDPreps Starter

Re: 2010 All State* Team

Postby BigNorsk » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:33 pm

Congratulations to all.

Always makes one wonder at what position a lot of the players will be selected.

Can't really argue with the list. I thought maybe one of the Jelinek's from Park River would make a second team but then I only got to see them one game and I think the oldest one was a junior this year. Definitely a family of football players.
BigNorsk
NDPreps Starter

Postby 22forlife » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:39 am

So do all the players on 1st team and second team play the shrine bowl game vs. each other or what is the deal?
22forlife
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:57 am

22forlife wrote:So do all the players on 1st team and second team play the shrine bowl game vs. each other or what is the deal?

Not necessarily. There is a nomination and selection process for the Shrine game. Coaches of each respective team select their squad from nominations received from high school coaches across the state. Being selected to an All State team could help a nominees chances, but there is no guarantee and players who arent All State recipients make the team on a pretty consistent basis. Another factor in the team's make up is the availability of top players that time of year. You often have alot of different things competing for their time (Lion's Basketball game, etc). If I have anything wrong, someone please feel free to set me straight.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Jumpman23 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:50 pm

EHS1998 wrote:
22forlife wrote:So do all the players on 1st team and second team play the shrine bowl game vs. each other or what is the deal?

Not necessarily. There is a nomination and selection process for the Shrine game. Coaches of each respective team select their squad from nominations received from high school coaches across the state. Being selected to an All State team could help a nominees chances, but there is no guarantee and players who arent All State recipients make the team on a pretty consistent basis. Another factor in the team's make up is the availability of top players that time of year. You often have alot of different things competing for their time (Lion's Basketball game, etc). If I have anything wrong, someone please feel free to set me straight.

The Shrine game is all seniors, correct?
Jumpman23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hinsa » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:07 pm

Correct, all graduated seniors
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby 22forlife » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:08 am

who will know who plays and how??
22forlife