Kenmare vs. Beach
Langdon vs. New Salem
Park River-FL vs. Linton-HMB
Central Cass vs. Stanley
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: Class B State Pairings

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:04 am

Well the Class B Volleyball tourney is set...could be an intriguing semifinal matchup between Kenmare and Langdon.

Let the predictions begin...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:28 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Kenmare vs. Beach
Langdon vs. New Salem
Central Cass vs. Stanley

My initial predictions:
Championship: Langdon vs Central Cass (Langdon wins)
3rd Place: Kenmare vs Linton-HMB (Kenmare wins)
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:13 am

MY PREDICTIONS
1st Round
Kenmare vs. Beach
Langdon vs. New Salem
Central Cass vs. Stanley

Consolation
Beach vs. New Salem
Linton-HMB vs. Stanley

Semifinals
Kenmare vs. Langdon
Park River-FL vs. Central Cass

7th Place
New Salem vs. Stanley
5th Place
Beach vs. Linton-HMB
3rd Place
Langdon vs. Central Cass
Championship
Kenmare vs. Park River-FL
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ClassBEast » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:18 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Kenmare vs. Beach
Langdon vs. New Salem
Central Cass vs. Stanley

It's interesting that 50% of these teams were at the state basketball tournament last spring. :)
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Bulls=Dynasty » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:22 pm

Ok guys first day of the tournaments is tomorrow. Which games should be interesting to watch for. Any players that should be fun to watch?
Bulls=Dynasty
NDPreps Starter

Postby kboftw » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:28 pm

I think the best game tomorrow will be Park River vs. Linton. I don't expect the others to be as competitive, though Stanley may give Central Cass some headaches. I'm not too familiar with Linton, but watch for Sydney Larson in the Park River game. She makes that offense go for Park River and is solid on defense (20 kills and 27 digs against Hillsboro in the Region 2 championship). Kirsten Johnson has also been hitting the ball extremely well as a sophomore for Park River.

If Park River keeps their great defensive play from the Region 2 tourney, I think they'll get into the semifinals handily.

Kenmare vs. Langdon in the semifinals would be a great match. I think the winner of that game would be the favorite to win it all. You have to keep your eyes on Katie King (Kenmare) and McKenzie Hart (Langdon). Langdon has a couple other girls who can hit the ball decently as well, but - from what I've seen - Hart hits the ball harder than anyone I've seen in Class B.

Look for Central Cass's size to make an impact should they make it to the semifinals. I think Park River's back-row defense plays a bit better on average than Central Cass's, but I think Central Cass moves the ball a little better and has some more size (four players 6' or taller on the roster, though I think only 2 or 3 play) up front. Offensively, I think it's a push, with Courtney Dixon anchoring the attack for the Squirrels.

Both semifinals should be great games.
kboftw
NDPreps Starter

Postby kboftw » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:42 pm

Langdon over New Salem 3-0
kboftw
NDPreps Starter

Postby marker721 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:58 pm

Kenmare VS Langdon Friday night will be the best two teams at the tournament for class B. Saw them both play and as I see it Hart and King are a real match worth the big ticket build up. Kenmare has to many weapons and if King and company keep up the great block job they did against Beach, the Honkers will prevail to the Championship match most likely against Cass County. Whoever wins the match between Kenmare and Langdon will be State B Champions without a doubt, as I see it.
King and crew have my vote until someone dethrones them.
marker721
NDPreps Reserve

Postby kboftw » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:59 pm

Some great evening games tonight! Should be some exciting play tomorrow evening, as I think both match-ups are pretty even.
kboftw
NDPreps Starter

Postby marker721 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:03 pm

Awesome job Stanley. Who would have guessed? Just goes to show on any day anyone can be be beaten. That is why they play the game. Tonight will be an awesome night at the State Tourney.....
marker721
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sportsrube » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:51 pm

I don't post in the VB section very often and when I do I have been a Linton doubter all year, I thought they would win the Region but not do well at state. So I am posting today to eat a little crow. Congrats to the Linton-HMB Lady Lions on an excellent season and a great State Tournament - I was dead wrong about your team and its ability and I will admit it. Coach Richter has that program on the right track and the girls play with a lot of confidence. Again - Congrats on a great season.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Volleyball