Joe Hanstad

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Joe Hanstad

Postby NDsports35 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:37 pm

Committed to Boise State.
Best player in the state.
How many points, assists, and rebounds will he have a game?
I'm saying 28 PPG.
6 APG
7RPG
What do you guys think?
NDsports35
NDPreps Starter

Re: Joe Hanstad

Postby balla45 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:00 pm

33 points a game, which would be a Class A record.
11 rebounds a game.
5 assists a game.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball18 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:49 pm

How many total point has Hanstad scored in his career and where is he on the career list?
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDsports35 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:11 am

I'm not sure about career, but I know he had 556 last season for 24.2 PPG. I'm not sure about his Sophomore or Freshman seasons.
NDsports35
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:21 am

1576 points for his career. He will be number 1 on the Class A list somewhere around games 13-17 of this season.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:11 am

IMO Joe will hit the 2,200 mark.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:31 pm

What did Boschee end with? 1,996 correct? or atleast fairly close to that.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:46 pm

baseball wrote:What did Boschee end with? 1,996 correct? or atleast fairly close to that.

That is what the Hoopster has him for
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby ratman » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:27 am

Boise State? seems kind of random ive never heard of their basketball program
ratman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby uncheels » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:10 pm

30ppg
6apg
10rpg
uncheels
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:03 pm

ratman wrote:Boise State? seems kind of random ive never heard of their basketball program

not everyone can go to a major program...the mid to low majors find players somewhere too :D

seriously though, I dont know Joe personally so I cant tell you what he liked about it, but I know a few people who go to school in Boise and I havent heard one bad thing about it.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ratman » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:28 am

I'm not saying there a bad school but how does Boise find him? ya know what im saying? I just hought he's pick somewhere close around here maybe, Ive never seen him play and i dont know him so i was just wondering.
ratman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby midgetfan » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:41 am

He was being recruited by Leon Rice to go to Gonzaga. Then, when he got the job at Boise, he called Joe right away to try to entice him to go there. Joe was the first in what has turned out to be a really solid recruiting class for them. Here is an article that talks about them.
http://boisestate.scout.com/2/1014065.html
Remember, mid-major basketball can be very good or even great, ie. Butler. So going to a place where he can get a lot of playing time early would be a big plus, then in a few years have a chance to make a run, could be exciting for him.
Also a new video on youtube, search joe hanstad.
midgetfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Topgun » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:24 pm

It dosnt mater how many points he gets if he dosnt lead his team to state again
Topgun
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:54 pm

I would disagree with this statement.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Topgun » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:29 pm

Why isn't the ultimate goal a State Championship or am i wrong
Topgun
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:16 am

In my opinion, the ultimate basketball goals a player can have is to be an undefeated, state champion, Mr. Basketball winner, with a Division 1 scholarship, and NBA potential.

However, the points scored by Joe Hanstad will definitely matter. He has a legitimate chance of becoming Class A's all time leading scorer. That matters, with or without a state title.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Topgun » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:36 am

But you cant say he is the best of all time with out a state championship until he dose he will still be second to Phil Jackson in many minds
Topgun
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:48 am

I can't say he is the best of all time because I have not witnessed every North Dakota player that has played.

A championship is not the only thing a player should be measured by. Joe Hanstad possesses a superior skillset than many players that already have championships.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:54 am

balla45 wrote:I can't say he is the best of all time because I have not witnessed every North Dakota player that has played.

A championship is not the only thing a player should be measured by. Joe Hanstad possesses a superior skillset than many players that already have championships.

Had the opportunity to watch the state's leading scorer several times throughout his high school career. His team's success was so important to him that he elevated his teammates' game. Losing as a team wasn't an option when he took the floor, and he got better with every loss when you thought he couldn't get any better. The points record, all-state, Mr. Basketball, McDonalds All-Star, and D1 Kansas was just what happened afterwards.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:22 am

I have watched Hanstad, who will be Class A's leading scorer, several times throughout his career. He elevates the ability of his teammates. However, losing is something that an individual player can't control. I don't think Boschee won a Class A championship.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby digger » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:57 am

Good points balla. I think we get pulled in by the ESPN mentality of sports sometimes. You hear about Karl Malone, Stockton, Barkley, Hill, etc. (I'm limiting this to basketball but it happens in every sport), not winning a championship and their accomplishments are diminished by the experts. I can somewhat buy this with professional athletes, but even there it only goes so far in my mind.

Hanstad is a great player. Boschee was a great player. Hunter Berg was a great player. The list could go on. Do I think any less of them because they didn't win a state championship? (Hanstad still has a good shot). Not at all.
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:00 am

balla45 wrote:I have watched Hanstad, who will be Class A's leading scorer, several times throughout his career. He elevates the ability of his teammates. However, losing is something that an individual player can't control. I don't think Boschee won a Class A championship.

Valley City's highest finish is 3rd place ever. I think a great player "believes" he has control, and I am not saying Hanstad is not a great player, and probably believe the same thing. Also, I don't think the comment was that Dickinson needs to win a State Championship, but rather they should at least make the tournament.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:46 am

I still firmly believe that Dickinson will compete for a state title. Also, Hanstad took third place at state as a sophomore, scoring 42 points in a win over Bismarck High. Had that Dickinson team not run into a 24-1 Mandan team, it seems likely that Dickinson would have won state that season.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:46 pm

balla45 wrote:I still firmly believe that Dickinson will compete for a state title. Also, Hanstad took third place at state as a sophomore, scoring 42 points in a win over Bismarck High. Had that Dickinson team not run into a 24-1 Mandan team, it seems likely that Dickinson would have won state that season.

I thought they played Red River in the 3rd place game, not Bismarck.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Boys