Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:31 pm

Milnor-North Sargent vs. Cavalier
Velva vs. Watford City
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: Semifinals Matchups

Postby Indy5 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:13 pm

I'll take

Cavalier by 6- This is a toss up but I'll go with Cavalier because tradition does matter.
Velva by 8- I'd say by more if Weidler is playing. Is he? I think this game comes down to just how much can Jacobson do on his own. I think he wins the positional battle against Mack. I give Velva's backs a big edge over Watford City's, but if Weidler is out that narrows the gap a bit. Velva controls the line of scrimmage in this one and that'll be huge.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby A - Football Fan » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:18 pm

Indy5 wrote:I'll take

Cavalier by 6- This is a toss up but I'll go with Cavalier because tradition does matter.
Velva by 8- I'd say by more if Weidler is playing. Is he? I think this game comes down to just how much can Jacobson do on his own. I think he wins the positional battle against Mack. I give Velva's backs a big edge over Watford City's, but if Weidler is out that narrows the gap a bit. Velva controls the line of scrimmage in this one and that'll be huge.

Well the word is that Weidler has another appointment on Wednesday and they are saying he will be ready to play on Saturday.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BigNorsk » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:32 am

Cavalier by 30 maybe more, Velva by 14.
BigNorsk
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan7 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:27 am

I'll take Cavalier by 12 and Velva by 3
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Tide04 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:23 am

Cavalier by 20, Watford City at least 7
Tide04
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:20 am

A - Football Fan wrote:
Indy5 wrote:I'll take

Well the word is that Weidler has another appointment on Wednesday and they are saying he will be ready to play on Saturday.

A toss up?...I see Cavalier being the Favorite...Playing at Home and Haven't been really challenged all season (I was at every game) also Traditionally they have lost being in this position as well as won. Why do I think they will win? because of the group of athletes they're not only good, they are like one big family.

Watford and Cav go on to Grand Forks............Play Hard
Last edited by winner-within on Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby radioman » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:50 am

Cavalier by 21

Velva by 3 (last year it was 24-14. this year will be much closer)
radioman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Stallng » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:02 am

state championship game in Watford this weekend? I don't know much about the game in the east, but I'll take Cavalier just because of what I am reading... The Watford Vs Velva is basically a toss up it will be such a good game, but I will take Watford City by one score
Stallng
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AAfootballfan » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:19 am

I will take Cavalier 27-16

I will take Watford City 20-13 over Velva--Fridley takes his Wolves to Grand Forks in search of state title #10!!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby heimer » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:58 am

Cavalier will win the A title this year. The Velva/Watford City matchup will be a good one, but it is not the state title game. That shows a complete lack of respect for the calibre of football in the two east regions of A football.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby A-Fanatic » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:53 pm

heimer wrote:Cavalier will win the A title this year. The Velva/Watford City matchup will be a good one, but it is not the state title game. That shows a complete lack of respect for the calibre of football in the two east regions of A football.

Bold prediction I think Cavalier better win their semifinal matchup first. Speaking of semi's I'll take Cavalier and Velva this weekend. MNS has a great quarterback from what I've heard but Cavalier has too many weapons for MNS to handle. Velva is hitting on all cylinders right now and they've been much better in the penalty department the last couple weeks. Watford City is a great team also but I think Velva is able to match up with Watford and will give Jacobson a lot of pressure and slow Watford's passing game. Should be a great game could go either way but I'm picking the Aggies this time.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:14 pm

Stallng wrote:state championship game in Watford this weekend? I don't know much about the game in the east, but I'll take Cavalier just because of what I am reading... The Watford Vs Velva is basically a toss up it will be such a good game, but I will take Watford City by one score

every season, every sport, we get this type of ignorant comment.....and what adds to the ignorance is when you state, you don't know much about the east.

State championship is in two weeks......For all Divisions...in Grand forks.....if you wanna be there you have to win. "Thats why they play the Game" :x
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby heimer » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:29 pm

I'm with you winner-within.

The state title game will be in Grand Forks November 12th. For ticket information, call the NDHSAA.

I'm not trying to gang up on anyone, but seriously, this could be the best season of football we've seen in North Dakota in several years, maybe ever.

AAA has more parity than it ever has.
AA had two upsets in the first round, and top-to-bottom, huge competitiveness
A has really stepped it up. North Prairie on the road in round win, MNS goes back to Linton and wins
9-man: Wyndmere-Lidgerwood, need I say more?

After all that, for someone to even suggest that it is clear the two best teams in any class will meet this weekend really is, as winner said, ignorant of the season we've had.

Going into the semi-finals of football, here is what we know:

Shanley is really good.

That's it.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Stallng » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:41 pm

winner-within wrote:
Stallng wrote:state championship game in Watford this weekend? I don't know much about the game in the east, but I'll take Cavalier just because of what I am reading... The Watford Vs Velva is basically a toss up it will be such a good game, but I will take Watford City by one score

every season, every sport, we get this type of ignorant comment.....and what adds to the ignorance is when you state, you don't know much about the east.

State championship is in two weeks......For all Divisions...in Grand forks.....if you wanna be there you have to win. "Thats why they play the Game" :x

Trust me the state champioship game is in Watford this weekend because whoever wins this game will stomp whoever they play in Grand Forks, it is like in 9 man whoever wins the semi-final game in the east wins the state championship
Stallng
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsportsfan40 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:47 pm

Stallng wrote:
winner-within wrote:

Trust me the state champioship game is in Watford this weekend because whoever wins this game will stomp whoever they play in Grand Forks, it is like in 9 man whoever wins the semi-final game in the east wins the state championship

trust you? just for you saying that i hope that cavalier goes to the state championship game and absolutely takes control of velva or watford city. bring it on :)
ndsportsfan40
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:51 pm

Stallng wrote:
winner-within wrote:

Yea I remember when Dickinson Trinity was going to stomp the east (which just so happened to be Cavalier) and they didn't score a point....I'm sure I could also trust you with my women too, Huh!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Truce » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:43 pm

I hope cavalier Looks Past MNS. I think they wil be suprised at how well they play.

I hope that it will be a very good game. One Sided Victories this late in the season are no fun to watch.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:45 pm

Stallng wrote:
winner-within wrote:

Whoever comes out of the east will be make it a great game in Grand Forks and also I think they have a shot at winning it all.

What tweeks me a bit is that no one is giving M-NS a chance in the game against Cavalier and I know that that is fueling them right now.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:02 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Stallng wrote:
winner-within wrote:

Whoever comes out of the east will be make it a great game in Grand Forks and also I think they have a shot at winning it all.

What tweeks me a bit is that no one is giving M-NS a chance in the game against Cavalier and I know that that is fueling them right now.

They have just as good as a chance as NP had Or Linton would have etc etc.....I have stated all along "that's why they play the game" the tweek for me is how each week not many believed in the Tornadoes (zero losses and ranked), and they keep winning...I actually think this is why they are finally picking them.....Have you seen the Tornadoes play??? I'm asking in fairness....and if you have, what do you think...if you have seen Milnor play than tell us what they will bring...cause a little "fueling" may not be enough...
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:38 pm

winner-within wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Stallng wrote:
winner-within wrote:

They have just as good as a chance as NP had Or Linton would have etc etc.....I have stated all along "that's why they play the game" the tweek for me is how each week not many believed in the Tornadoes (zero losses and ranked), and they keep winning...I actually think this is why they are finally picking them.....Have you seen the Tornadoes play??? I'm asking in fairness....and if you have, what do you think...if you have seen Milnor play than tell us what they will bring...cause a little "fueling" may not be enough...

I've picked Cavalier every week also...I know what they have (no I haven't been to a game). But I'm just saying that once you start assuming that they're already in Grand Forks (as you are doing) then you are overlooking your opponent at hand and it could spell trouble. There is a reason they play the game and your statements on here make me want M-NS to win (however I know their chances are 30% on getting the win), but the other statements from out west make me want the East teams to DESTROY the west teams.

No matter what I say...I know you won't agree with me. You are cheering for your hometown team...nothing wrong with that...just don't get ahead of yourself
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:01 pm

You tell me when I had them in grand forks.....Do I think they are the Favorite....Yep! do I think (like I have said 10 times "that they still have to play the game" Yep!! I think this group knows you take 1 quarter at a time....and they aren't my Hometown....but they are dear to my heart.....Good group!! Play safe...and have fun and good luck to the last 4 teams who IMHO are the ones that should be where they are. :)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby A-Fanatic » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:45 pm

winner-within wrote:You tell me when I had them in grand forks.....Do I think they are the Favorite....Yep! do I think (like I have said 10 times "that they still have to play the game" Yep!! I think this group knows you take 1 quarter at a time....and they aren't my Hometown....but they are dear to my heart.....Good group!! Play safe...and have fun and good luck to the last 4 teams who IMHO are the ones that should be where they are. :)

You got that right "IMHO" everything on here is opinion and I don't think I need to tell anybody what they say about opinions. The four remaining teams have all earned their way and will have to continue to do so. Should be an exciting last two weeks.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoosierheat » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:55 am

I've seen MNS play twice, both Linton games. And yes, Cavalier may be the favorite, and rightfully so, but don't count out the Bulldogs. They play very sound defense, Greenmeyer and Martinson control the line of scrimmage. They caused absolute chaos for Kelsey Larson. Offensively, Hansana, the qb, has to be an efficient game manager. In the first Linton game, he was greedy and forcing throws. He has the arm strength and accuracy to be one of the best in the state. Coach Eric Olson has to prepare and execute a very good game plan against the Tornadoes, if they get down early, its over. Also keep an eye on MNS wr/return man Phillip Enderson. He is one the more explosive players I have seen in Class A.

On the contrary, I have caught some Cavalier games. They are big. They are strong. They are fast. And I think the most important thing is, they are a great reflection of their head coach. Sandy Laxdal is a football guy. In the end, I think Cavaliers athleticism proves too much, and grinds down MNS in the 4th.
"All of us learn to write in second grade. Most of us go on to greater things."
-Robert Montgomery Knight
hoosierheat
NDPreps Rookie

Postby A - Football Fan » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:30 pm

It looks like Weidler will be playing for Velva this weekend. That is a big addition for Velva in that game.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to A