ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Re: Quarter Finals

Postby winner-within » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:32 pm

USA wrote:Linton
North Prairie in the upsetVelva
Watford City

Wont happen
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:48 pm

Linton-HMB by 12
Cavalier by 18
Velva by 30
Watford City by 14
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby fanofeverything » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:48 am

winner-within wrote:
Watford City

Wont happen

I would put a "probably" in front of won't happen. I think any of the 4 #1 seeds could lose, but "probably" won't.

Linton by 8
Cavalier by 14
Velva by 21
Watford by 20
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby d_fense » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:36 pm

Milnor/N.S. 26-13
Cavalier 32-14
Velva 42-12
Watford 32-0
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:25 pm

fanofeverything wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Watford City

Wont happen

I would put a "probably" in front of won't happen. I think any of the 4 #1 seeds could lose, but "probably" won't.

Linton by 8
Cavalier by 14
Velva by 21
Watford by 20

Why would I do that...I have countered every post this season that had Cavalier loosing week to week......... you should be worried about the post's that have them loosing rather than respond to the ones with them winning.

And I know you have them winning along with the other #1 seeds so is that a "Probably"...4 times??) :roll:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:34 pm

winner-within - "loosing" isn't a word
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:53 pm

Flip wrote:winner-within - "loosing" isn't a word

it isn't??

Definition of Loosing
transitive verb
a : to let loose : release b : to free from restraint
: to make loose : untie <loose a knot>
: to cast loose : detach
: to let fly : discharge
: to make less rigid, tight, or strict

Its like Looser :wink:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:31 pm

I stand corrected. Under which context were you using the word?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wombat » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:36 pm

Cavalier's defense might have to show up if this weather system doesn't blow itself out before Saturday. I know they put up good rushing stats, but there is no denying that their passing game opens their running game up a lot... If it's windy and they can't throw, it could get tough running the ball against 8-9 in the box.

I'm not making any predictions, but just for arguments sake, let's say all the #1 seeds do prevail this weekend. Who will host the two semi-final games?... It's about 300 miles (5 hour drive) between Linton and Cavalier. Not quite so bad between WC and Velva, but still 2 1/2 hours by bus at least i would assume. That can be a big factor in a close contest.

Good Luck to all teams still competing! Go Tornadoes.
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:40 pm

If all four number ones advance to the semifinals than Cavalier and Watford City would host because it is an even numbered year
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Truce » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:59 am

MNS Had 3 Touchdowns called back in their last meeting. They should have won that game. I still dont understand why everyone has Linton picked.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby SUFan » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:44 am

I agree with picking Milnor. I heard that hansana was also very sick in their last meeting? any truth to this?
SUFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby old#63 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:04 am

I don't know much about Milnor or Linton, but I think the reason people are picking Linton is that: 1. two weeks ago Linton beat Milnor, 2. during the season Milnor lost to Maple Valley/Enderlin and Linton beat them, and 3. Linton is the no. 1 seed from the region. It looks like it should be a very good matchup, but it's hard to argue that Linton shouldn't be favored.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Truce » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:41 am

If your a Stats guy, you should already know that Josh Hansana went out in the first seriese with an injury and did not return the rest of the game for the MV-E game.

Linton did Beat them, ill say that, im not saying linton isnt a good Team at all, but they are not as good as theyre rankings show.

They beat MNS 20-12, and MNS had 3 touchdowns called back. i could harldy call that a beating.

all im saying is linton has a huge game in front of them, and MNS will be back to prove what they should have done in their first meeting.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby fanofeverything » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:47 pm

I hope Milnor or at least one of the other #2's beats one of the #1's. I believe the Milnor/Linton game will certainly be the best game and that they have the best chance to knock off a #1. And winner-within yes my predictions are a maybe 4 times, because they still have to play the games. Anything is possible in playoff football. There could be injuries, weather and a number of things that could swing the outcome.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:11 pm

Milnor/NS
Cavalier
Velva
Watford City
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby A - Football Fan » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:05 pm

fanofeverything wrote:I hope Milnor or at least one of the other #2's beats one of the #1's. I believe the Milnor/Linton game will certainly be the best game and that they have the best chance to knock off a #1. And winner-within yes my predictions are a maybe 4 times, because they still have to play the games. Anything is possible in playoff football. There could be injuries, weather and a number of things that could swing the outcome.

Absolutely nothing is a guarantee.....A few years ago Velva traveled to Harvey and beat up on a good Harvey football team...in the semis Harvey pounded Velva to go on to win a state championship...weather may have played into a larger Harvey teams hands but that is football in North Dakota. This year Velva faces similar problems. Not so much in Harvey but a decent Hazen squad, and driving past the football field in Velva today I saw that the field is completely covered in snow. I don't know if they are going to do something to remove the snow but if they don't it certainly oculd neutralize Velva's speed. Also, Killdeer is travleing to Watford City to play a team that beat them 15-6 earlier in the season. Killdeer has three players now that they didn't have for that first game...will it be the difference? Who knows. All I'm saying is that there are a lot of factors that go into deciding these games and stuff sometimes happens....Hindsight being 20/20, I will make my predicitons on the outcomes of these games on Saturday evening.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fanofeverything » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:10 pm

Weather played a part in how dominant Harvey was in that game, but I don't think effected how the game would have turned out. Harvey was the better team in my opinion that year they just forgot to show up in the regular season. As far as the field in Velva, I am sure they will have the field cleaned off, unless it snows friday night again. You can make predictions before Saturday night, because after all they are just predictions and everyone has gotten a few wrong over the years.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby region3dominates » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:44 pm

I drove by the velva football field around 5pm and it looked like it was nothing but grass showing. I had heard that there were people out there this afternoon with snowblowers cleaning off the field. So with some good sun shining on the field it should be in great playing condition barring any unforseen precipitation. Not to mention velvas team was out practicing on the baseball field when i went by so they are braving the cold and getting ready for a tough game on saturday.
region3dominates
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:52 pm

Truce wrote:They beat MNS 20-12, and MNS had 3 touchdowns called back. i could harldy call that a beating.

A lot of talk about these 3 tds being called back. Did they score later in the drive after they were called back? If so, it's not like they would have scored 3 more times
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby d_fense » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:02 am

I thought there were only 2 td's called back. I could be wrong. From what I recall, one was an "aiding" the runner call. They did score a play or two later. The other was a holding call that I couldn't find on BEK broadcast. Both calls were made by the same gentleman, who I don't think threw another flag that evening.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby beaplayer » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:00 am

Are any of the games going to be streamed online. Most specificially the WC v. Killdeer game? I know it is on TV, but that isn't an option where we live.
beaplayer
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to A