first round playoffs

The teams in Class A

Re: first round playoffs

Postby lovwatchingsports » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:07 am

triplebbb wrote:rumor is out there that Weidler from Velva broke his leg against Harvey....any truth....if so how much does that affect the Aggies going in to the playoffs?

don't know, about the leg he was walking on it at the game. but Velva's Defense still shutout Harvey without him, Offense did score but didn't look as good without him in the Harvey game. If its true could make a difference next week but not tis week.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby fanofeverything » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:27 am

Weidler did indeed break his leg and is out the remainder.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby triplebbb » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:28 am

thanks...i know how stories get started...just wanted to get to the REAL story....velva seems plenty deep, big, fast, and aggressive...didn't know how big of a part he played
triplebbb
NDPreps Starter

Postby fanofeverything » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:30 am

Won't make any difference the first two weeks. I think Velva and Watford and a class above this year. It may show up in the Semi game tho, but I don't expect it to be noticeable.
triplebbb wrote:thanks...i know how stories get started...just wanted to get to the REAL story....velva seems plenty deep, big, fast, and aggressive...didn't know how big of a part he played

He was a good part of the offense and they will miss him for sure, but I don't think it will affect how productive they will be.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby region3dominates » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:34 am

he did fracture his leg and the talk around velva is that if they make the championship there is a shot that he will be back. losing him does hurt but we do have a few good backs to fill in while he is out
region3dominates
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Electric Avenue » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:47 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Linton-HMB
Rugby
Cavalier
MV-E
Velva
Hazen
Watford City
Harvey (could see Killdeer pull off the upset though)

I believe Kildeer is good enouph to beat harvey, i actually believe that they will come out on top this week, This is going to bea great game, cant wait to hear the outcome
Electric Avenue
NDPreps Reserve

Postby boomersooners12 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:03 pm

Linton H-M-B
Rugby
Cavalier
North Prairie (should be a good game)
Velva
Hazen
Watford City
Harvey
boomersooners12
NDPreps Rookie

Postby radioman » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:28 am

Velva vs Heart River game this Saturday will be broadcast on 106.9 FM K-Heart in Minot starting at 1:45pm.

Watford City vs Lewis & Clark-Our Redeemers game will be on 1320 AM KHRT in Minot starting at 1:45pm.

Both games also heard online at www.khrt.com
radioman
NDPreps Starter

Postby lovwatchingsports » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:07 pm

Thank you, gotta work t \his weekend.

Made some calls, Weidler legs is cracked, not broke. It doesn't go through all the way, about 1/4 inch.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsking » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:46 pm

Sometimes the crack is worse to heal than a break! I don't think he will be back this year at all! Could be a big problem for the aggies, but to say it won't be an issue the first 2 weeks, I think is wrong. This is the playoffs, what happened in the season is done, everybody is 0-0 record wise. Anything is possible.
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby bbfever » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:45 pm

Anyone have a link to a radio station that will be carrying the MNS/Rugby game over the internet?
bbfever
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bighitter » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:56 pm

http://www.kzzj.com/
this should do it....
bighitter
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bbfever » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:23 pm

Thanks alot!
bbfever
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hardball » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:59 am

Milnor-NS & Rugby will also be on KQLX-FM 106.1 (Lisbon) on Saturday. Online at www.thelibertyfm.com
Hardball
NDPreps Starter

Postby A-Fanatic » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:21 pm

sportsking wrote:Sometimes the crack is worse to heal than a break! I don't think he will be back this year at all! Could be a big problem for the aggies, but to say it won't be an issue the first 2 weeks, I think is wrong. This is the playoffs, what happened in the season is done, everybody is 0-0 record wise. Anything is possible.

Then again it could heal sooner than anticipated. As far as the playoffs are concerned the first round I don't see this being an issue for Velva. The second round is hard to say but I can tell you Velva didn't miss a beat against Harvey without Weidler for two and a half quarters. Velva is deep and has kids ready to step up and fill in when needed. I think they'll be fine without him for the first two rounds. The semi's could be another story.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby AAfootballfan » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:46 pm

Wolves gear up for another postseason run

By Kyle Mayhugh/Williston Herald
Published/Last Modified on Friday, October 22, 2010 11:14 AM CDT

WATFORD CITY �” The Watford City Wolves begin their yearly trek through the second season with a home game against Lewis and Clark-Our Redeemers on Saturday at 2 p.m.

The Wolves are again undefeated going into the postseason, reeling off nine straight wins to this point. They've allowed just 34 points in those nine games, including five shutouts.

The offense started a little slower, but has put up 218 points in the final four games, and the team has outscored opponents 335-34.

"We've been getting better every week, and we've been getting more consistent all year on defense," said coach Fred Fridley, who has run his career record to 305-89 and is looking for his 10th state title. "The offense has picked it up lately and moved the ball really well. We're using balance of the pass and the run effectively to keep teams off-balance, and that's the key to our offense."

The Wolves are consistent participants in the playoffs, which gives them a big edge in experience each year. "I think it is always a big benefit to a team, if they can return people," Fridley said. "We're very blessed to have skilled people with speed and good catching ability, so we don't have to favor one person."

Early in the year, the Wolves knew they were returning plenty of skill position starters, but had to mix in some younger and inexperienced linemen, especially at tackle.

"I think they've come along. That's one reason our offense has gotten better every week," Fridley said. "Our tackles, Bradlyn Fettig and Douglas Rolfson, have really upped their game as the season went along, and that was the two key positions that we were most concerned about. I'm very happy with their progress and their progress has made us a better football team."
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Dan » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:28 am

I photographed the 9 man TGU at Westhope game yesterday. Will shoot the North Prairie @ Cavalier next Saturday. (newspaper) Hope it is a good one. North Prairie seems to be doing better than earlier in the season.
Dan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sportsking » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:13 pm

Well I would just like to say first of all, congrats to all the teams who made the playoffs this year! Also congrats to all of saturdays winning teams! The Linton game got to be an interesting game in the 4th, North Praire took it to Maple-Valley-Enderlin, Cavalier came out on top, Milnor took care or Rugby. So that leaves us the next round.

Milnor @ Linton

North Praire@ Cavalier

I am going to pick Linton, and cavalier

In the west there was a couple of upsets if you want to call it that way.

Hazen @ Velva

Killdeer @ Watford City

I will pick Velva and Watford City

Whats everybody else think?
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoyt4 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:49 pm

what happened in the linton game? who got things started? wasnt it 22-0
hoyt4
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:52 pm

Park River cut the lead to 22-14 and had a chance late to possibly tie it up
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby sportsking » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:00 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Park River cut the lead to 22-14 and had a chance late to possibly tie it up

Park River threw an int deep in Linton's territory.
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan40 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:04 pm

sportsking wrote:Well I would just like to say first of all, congrats to all the teams who made the playoffs this year! Also congrats to all of saturdays winning teams! The Linton game got to be an interesting game in the 4th, North Praire took it to Maple-Valley-Enderlin, Cavalier came out on top, Milnor took care or Rugby. So that leaves us the next round.

Milnor @ Linton

North Praire@ Cavalier

I am going to pick Linton, and cavalier

In the west there was a couple of upsets if you want to call it that way.

Hazen @ Velva

Killdeer @ Watford City

I will pick Velva and Watford City

Whats everybody else think?

ill pick the same except im going with Milnor over Linton
ndsportsfan40
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fanofeverything » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:56 am

sportsking wrote:Sometimes the crack is worse to heal than a break! I don't think he will be back this year at all! Could be a big problem for the aggies, but to say it won't be an issue the first 2 weeks, I think is wrong. This is the playoffs, what happened in the season is done, everybody is 0-0 record wise. Anything is possible.

I didn't say anything wasn't possible. I think Velva is deep enough for this not to lose enough for it to be noticeable the first two rounds. I didn't think South Heart had the defense to shut it down and I don't think Hazen does either. I think Watford has the defense to make the loss of Weidler visible. Everyone is 1-0 at this point, but Velva and Watford are clear favorites. Could either of them or both of them lose? Of course they could. My prediciton is both Watford and Velva win by 3 TDs. Watford 34-14. Velva 28-7.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoyt4 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:49 pm

i heard that park river through a perfect ball and the recever just couldnt hold on?
hoyt4
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsking » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:37 pm

From what I have heard, Milnor-north-sargent should give Linton a good run. What are their chances of beating Linton? I believe they played not too long ago and Linton won 20-0?
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to A