yes
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Re: Week 9

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:40 pm

CapnCrunch wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:St. Mary's beat Minot Ryan 10-6

Is ths legit??

Yep got it from the Bismarck Tribune today...St. Mary's must really be hurting without Tescher...plus Minot Ryan's D is still decent
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Indy5 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:43 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
CapnCrunch wrote:

Is ths legit??

Yep got it from the Bismarck Tribune today...St. Mary's must really be hurting without Tescher...plus Minot Ryan's D is still decent

Ryan's defense is good. No one realizes this, because of their record. Their offense would have been much better too had their starting runningback not torn his ACL in the first game.

Ryan actually had this game won, as they had 60 yard touchdown run called back for a blcok in the back penalty. That penalty led to a punt and Ryan didn't score the rest of the game.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby LILchump » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:07 pm

Indy5 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
CapnCrunch wrote:

Is ths legit??

Ryan's defense is good. No one realizes this, because of their record. Their offense would have been much better too had their starting runningback not torn his ACL in the first game.

Ryan actually had this game won, as they had 60 yard touchdown run called back for a blcok in the back penalty. That penalty led to a punt and Ryan didn't score the rest of the game.

Agreed. Ryan got killed by Carrington, but they were a very beat up team that week with starters sitting out. They were right in the game against St. Mary's, losing by just 4, and take away the block in the back, the game woulda been at least 12-6 at that point, that could change the game a lot. It seemed that Ryan was in a lot of games this year, even against Trinity when they lost 30-12, they outgained Trinity on the ground by I believe about 150 yards. They were much better than their record shows.

Tescher being out for St. Mary's is also a huge loss for them. The game last night could have possibly been a lot different in St. Mary's favor had he been playing both offensively and defensively. Playoffs will be interesting this year.
LILchump
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hinsa » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:47 pm

heimer wrote:From http://www.ndhsaa.com/athletics/footbal ... egulations (which I might add, was written incorrectly in the online .pdf resource guide for officials):

After the first half, whenever the point differential reaches 30 or more, the clock will continue running when...

A. The ball goes out of bounds.

B. A forward pass is incomplete.

C. After a touchdown and during the try (unless it reduces the lead to less than 30 points).

The clock will be stopped on all other situations as specified in rule 3-4-4. Review official's timeouts 3-5-7.

Note: The use of this rule does not preclude rule 3-1-3, which reads: "A period or periods may be shortened in any emergency by agreement by opposing coaches and the referee. By mutual agreement of the opposing coaches and the referee, any remaining period may be shortened at any time or the game terminated."

I can handle the change of possession stoppages, in this situation. The one that really seems out of place is continuing to stop the clock for the marking of chains on a first down. Granted, it may be only a 10 second deal on a larger than normal gain, but string five first downs together on a drive, and you've added a minute that should have been running. Doesn't seem like the amount of "mercy" intended by the rule.

Thanks Heimer. This just confirms my thought that this is administered incorrectly. I know I've seen the clock stopped when a TD is scored with the try still pending. I know I've seen some keep the clock rolling during the spotting of the chains. I think this needs to be a point of emphasis with the officials so they all get it straight and administer it consistently.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:35 pm

LILchump wrote:
Agreed. Ryan got killed by Carrington, but they were a very beat up team that week with starters sitting out. .

I saw in the paper, that during that Carrington game, their coach said that they started one more senior than freshman that week. I think that could atest to their injuries.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to AA