Top 5 RB in each region!

The teams in Class A

Re: Top 5 RB in each region!

Postby baller050 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:45 am

d_fense wrote:What I recall, is that he got hurt vs. Griggs/Barnes County. What I heard was Oakes was up 16-0 when he broke his leg. Oakes went on to fall thirty something to sixteen. I believe they were 3-1 at the time he went down.

I don't think Roemmich's numbers are that great, but I still rank him second in the region. I wouldn't down play his line. I think the Linton line is no worse than second in the region.

They said on Bek TV that Derek Roemmich is averaging 7.2 yards per carry, you dont think that isnt that great ?
baller050
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfbfan70 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:58 pm

zetocha played most of the gbc game hurt. At what point the leg actually broke isn't known but he had been limping since the M-NS game. Apparently it was thought it was shin splints.
ndfbfan70
NDPreps Starter

Postby rudy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:27 pm

Actually zetocha played the first quarter hurt, and than went out. If he stayed in its a different game and season for Oakes.
rudy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportsfan40 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:33 pm

winner-within wrote:
shooter? wrote:
straightcash84 wrote:Eric Kuntz from Rugby by far the best in region 2, possibly best in the state

he was shut down by cavalier.. he had about 30 yards! i would not say he is even top in region 2

second that

i also second that
ndsportsfan40
NDPreps Reserve

Postby d_fense » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:45 pm

baller050 wrote:
d_fense wrote:What I recall, is that he got hurt vs. Griggs/Barnes County. What I heard was Oakes was up 16-0 when he broke his leg. Oakes went on to fall thirty something to sixteen. I believe they were 3-1 at the time he went down.

I don't think Roemmich's numbers are that great, but I still rank him second in the region. I wouldn't down play his line. I think the Linton line is no worse than second in the region.

They said on Bek TV that Derek Roemmich is averaging 7.2 yards per carry, you dont think that isnt that great ?

No, I don't think that is great. Great is something that doesn't come around very often. Like I said, I think he is the second best in the region.

I have done some looking around for stats for region 1 and 2 teams. For the most part the teams do a horrible job of posting any type of stat. For region 2 the only stats I could find were for Rugby, on their school website. Kuntz averaged 8.4 yards per carry for the season, with a total of 1823 rushing yards. For Milnor/NS I found stats on www.maxpreps.com. They don't have the final regular season game's stats in yet. Their back, Isaac Biss, who I rated 5th in the region is averageing 6.3 yards per carry, and just over ten attempts per game. But they have 5 guys averaging over 6.29 yards per carry and a couple move over 5.3. Two guys have average better than 8.38, nether has broken a "big run" either.

This brings me to the only other school that I could find stats for, Oakes, on max preps. Zetacha scored 64 points in the first 3 games. Through 7 games the next two leading scorers on the team have 14 and 10 points...... IN 7 GAMES. Oakes has a couple pretty good players, but it takes more than that. If Zetacha ran behind Linton's line, 7.2 would defiinately not be a problem. For the year, as short as it was for Zetacha, he averaged 6.4 yards per carry. He played in just over 4 games.

Does anyone know where to find more stats for high school teams in eastern ND????
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby DisKey24 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:46 pm

What about in Region 3?
DisKey24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Cowboyman » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:59 pm

region 3 has alot of great backs

1. collin kittlson (velva)
2. wildler (velva)