Check This Out

Check This Out

Postby theman » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:10 am

http://www.athletic.net/CrossCountry/Division/Rank.aspx?DivID=9372&D=5000

It's a hypotheical state race. It essentially scores the state meet based upon everybody's PR's this year. You can also look at the rankings as they stand.
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Check This Out

Postby CandoKid » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:35 pm

This is a site that I have been working hard to promote and get more coaches (and schools) to use. I have gone thru almost all of the XC meets so far this year (plus a few from past years) and uploaded the results into the athletic.net site so people can see what it has to offer. I have used it with our school (North Star) for the past four years, and really like what it has to offer! It isn't used by very many ND schools, but is very popular out west (WA, CA, OR) as well as other parts of the country and overseas.
Check it out and try to get your school on board!
One of the MANY benefits is that only one person has to upload the results, so the meet organizers (or somebody else) could upload the results and none of the other coaches would have to do it! They also offer software to run XC meets so teams could register for meets thru the site and the data could be processed with this software after the meet...
Just a couple of the many benefits!
Thanks for looking...

Pat
CandoKid
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:37 pm

CandoKid wrote:This is a site that I have been working hard to promote and get more coaches (and schools) to use. I have gone thru almost all of the XC meets so far this year (plus a few from past years) and uploaded the results into the athletic.net site so people can see what it has to offer. I have used it with our school (North Star) for the past four years, and really like what it has to offer! It isn't used by very many ND schools, but is very popular out west (WA, CA, OR) as well as other parts of the country and overseas.
Check it out and try to get your school on board!
One of the MANY benefits is that only one person has to upload the results, so the meet organizers (or somebody else) could upload the results and none of the other coaches would have to do it! They also offer software to run XC meets so teams could register for meets thru the site and the data could be processed with this software after the meet...
Just a couple of the many benefits!
Thanks for looking...

Pat

FYI: Fargo North's 2, 4, and 5 runners on the site actually aren't on their team!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby CandoKid » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:53 pm

The results are only as good as the uploads. There are lots of abreviated names, etc. to sort thru on the uploads. I only know a fraction of the runners in the state - so I have to do some guessing. Coming from a small Class B school, I know that side of the equation the best. If schools got on board with the software and maintained their rosters, it would eliminate all of these issues - espcecially if they used the site to register teams and athletes for meets.
Are the names spelled wrong - or are they from another team? If another team, do you know which team? Some of the easy stuff I can correct, but if it gets too complicated I need to get help from the site administrators...
CandoKid
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:00 pm

CandoKid wrote:The results are only as good as the uploads. There are lots of abreviated names, etc. to sort thru on the uploads. I only know a fraction of the runners in the state - so I have to do some guessing. Coming from a small Class B school, I know that side of the equation the best. If schools got on board with the software and maintained their rosters, it would eliminate all of these issues - espcecially if they used the site to register teams and athletes for meets.
Are the names spelled wrong - or are they from another team? If another team, do you know which team? Some of the easy stuff I can correct, but if it gets too complicated I need to get help from the site administrators...

Alot of the runners you have listed that ran their best at Willmar are NOT on Fargo North's XC team!
2 runner - Kyle Rossow is from Hopkins (MN)
4 runner - Anders Byberg is from Willmar (MN)
5 runner - Geraghty is from Moorhead (MN)

Fargo North's Top 5 should look like this:
1 - Anjelo Shepherd 17:22.2
2 - Francis Landman 17:43.9
3 - Brandon Quibell 18:14.9
4 - Drew Wiest 18:19.9
5 - Richard Tai 18:27.6
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby CandoKid » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:03 pm

Thanks for pointing that out! I checked the upload and found several things wrong, so I deleted it and will try to upload it again. If you see any more big mistakes let me know - I was starting to get system overload after processing the results for that many meets in such a short period of time...

Pat
CandoKid
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:06 pm

CandoKid wrote:Thanks for pointing that out! I checked the upload and found several things wrong, so I deleted it and will try to upload it again. If you see any more big mistakes let me know - I was starting to get system overload after processing the results for that many meets in such a short period of time...

Pat

alright no problem I did check the girls team from Fargo North also and you have a. sarafolean on twice (slightly mis-spelled the 2nd time) that one should be deleted.

Also technically Davies does NOT have a Varsity program yet...they only run JV races. Next year Davies will have a varsity program

Another small thing with two of the girls teams - its Alex Backlund from Shanley-Oak Grove and also on GF Central's team Jen Erickson and Jennifer Erickson (same girl)
Last edited by Run4Fun2009 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby CandoKid » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:11 pm

OK - Norths data should look better! For now the Willmar meet will not show up in the results until I figure out why it does not process that data like the other meets. Everybody uses a little different format when posting results, and sometimes I struggle to get it "tweaked" so the athletic.net system can recognize and process it...

Pat
CandoKid
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:16 pm

CandoKid wrote:OK - Norths data should look better! For now the Willmar meet will not show up in the results until I figure out why it does not process that data like the other meets. Everybody uses a little different format when posting results, and sometimes I struggle to get it "tweaked" so the athletic.net system can recognize and process it...

Pat

Also to go along with my last post...Red River has a two girls in the list twice (slightly mis-spelled; should be easy to spot)...other than those last things it looks pretty good now
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby CandoKid » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:45 pm

I adjusted those rosters to get rid of the doubles, but it usually takes 24 hours for it to show up where you can see the difference...

Pat
CandoKid
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:00 pm

CandoKid wrote:I adjusted those rosters to get rid of the doubles, but it usually takes 24 hours for it to show up where you can see the difference...

Pat

the last thing that I noticed is that for GFC the Lindsey? Lane is the same person as Jessica Lindsay...just a minor issue from that meet that day...lost sticker...had to re-write it...made mistake...happens alot. Other than that one thing...IT LOOKS GOOD!! 8)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby revitalize » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:12 pm

is there any willing people who can help do this again this year? this is a very helpful tool for all of us teams and runners...
revitalize
NDPreps Reserve

Postby CandoKid » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:19 am

I have been posting some of the meets to the site again this year. It would be a lot easier if coaches would get on board and manage their rosters so I could match up the names correctly. Not much cooperation on that end, so I didn't try to upload every meet like I did last year. This year I have mostly done the meets we run at, plus a few others that are posted in a format that is easy to work with. Some of the formats require a lot of work, others (xcel spreadsheet) are very user friendly...
There are a lot more Class B meets posted for 2010 - since we are a Class B school.

Pat
CandoKid
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:09 pm

CandoKid wrote:I have been posting some of the meets to the site again this year. It would be a lot easier if coaches would get on board and manage their rosters so I could match up the names correctly. Not much cooperation on that end, so I didn't try to upload every meet like I did last year. This year I have mostly done the meets we run at, plus a few others that are posted in a format that is easy to work with. Some of the formats require a lot of work, others (xcel spreadsheet) are very user friendly...
There are a lot more Class B meets posted for 2010 - since we are a Class B school.

Pat

I used to have a list of the best times for all the Class A runners in the State...but I don't know where that went...If I can find it I will send you that Excel Spreadsheet
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Return to Cross Country