Heart River vs. Killdeer/Halliday
Watford City vs. Bowman Co.
Standing Rock/Selfridge vs. New Salem/Glen Ullin
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: 2010 Week 8

Postby BigNorsk » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:41 pm

Guess it's time to bump this up.

Region 2 doesn't have any that I would think would be contests this week.

Park River
Rugby
Cavalier
North Prairie

I know it's sticking my neck out but it looks to me like Cavalier is going to get their undefeated season.

Congratulations on the win over NP last week in a hard fought game. I was very impressed with the way Cavalier tackles. Hard to make them miss and hard to get away.
BigNorsk
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:23 am

Region 1

MPCG vs. Griggs-Barnes Co.
Milnor/North Sargent vs. Linton HMB
Oakes vs. LaMoure/Litchville-Marion
Maple Valley/Enderlin vs. Northern Cass

Region 2

Hatton/Northwood vs. Park River/Fordville-Lankin/Edinburg
Larimore vs. Rugby
Cavalier vs. Midway/Minto/Colony
North Prairie vs. Langdon/Munich

Region 3

Velva vs. Harvey
Garrison/Max vs. New Town/Mandaree
Williams Co. vs. Stanley/Powers Lake
Des Lacs-Burlington vs. Berthold/Our Redeemer's

Region 4

Hazen vs. Grant Co./Flasher
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:23 am

BigNorsk wrote:Guess it's time to bump this up.

Park River
Rugby
Cavalier
North Prairie

I know it's sticking my neck out but it looks to me like Cavalier is going to get their undefeated season.

Congratulations on the win over NP last week in a hard fought game. I was very impressed with the way Cavalier tackles. Hard to make them miss and hard to get away.

Sticking your neck out? I think your OK....look hard at their schedule, there's no reason for them not to expect to go undefeated, They worked hard on the off season, they are well coached, they play as a unit, with a lot of Football above the pads too.

Long and short, they should have surprised nobody with their success....Cavalier is and will always be a Football town...
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby lovwatchingsports » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:05 am

winner-within wrote:
BigNorsk wrote:Guess it's time to bump this up.

Park River
Rugby
Cavalier
North Prairie

Sticking your neck out? I think your OK....look hard at their schedule, there's no reason for them not to expect to go undefeated, They worked hard on the off season, they are well coached, they play as a unit, with a lot of Football above the pads too.

Long and short, they should have surprised nobody with their success....Cavalier is and will always be a Football town...

Missed the score, what was it
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby BigNorsk » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:47 am

Cavalier got two late touchdowns to make it 24/7. First qtr was 6/7 end of half and 3rd 12/7.

For winner, ease up a bit would you? Didn't you see that I said no real contests this week and the congratulations on their victory over NP? We all know that even though they've improved, Minto doesn't represent any challenge to Cavalier.

p.s. If it stays warm could you guys spray the mosquitos for any remaining home games? Between the dust and the insects it wasn't that clear looking at the far sidelines during the game.
BigNorsk
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:01 pm

Cavalier hasn't been as dominant since Matt Anderson led them to the state title game in 2005. They have only won two playoff games in that time period and have not won a region title since then either. So it shouldn't shock you that people are surprised how Cavalier did this year. Congrats to them on winning their region this year and good luck in the playoffs.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:48 pm

I've got a question, what's the longest losing streak ever in North Dakota? I believe after this week when MPCG loses this will be the second straight no win season for the patriots.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Truce » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:15 am

I think Milnor/North Sargent could suprise Linton. I think it will be a good game.

I only have one thing to say about Cavalier. I was with a Team up there and the fans are trhe rudest most obnoxios people i have ever had to deal with. One of the Fans as they were driving out, opened there door on their vehicle and hit Hazens Head coach with it as they drove out. that says alot about the Town.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby fanofeverything » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:09 am

A - Football Fan wrote:Region 1

MPCG vs. Griggs-Barnes Co.
Milnor/North Sargent vs. Linton HMB
Oakes vs. LaMoure/Litchville-Marion
Maple Valley/Enderlin vs. Northern Cass

Region 2

Hatton/Northwood vs. Park River/Fordville-Lankin/Edinburg
Larimore vs. Rugby
Cavalier vs. Midway/Minto/Colony
North Prairie vs. Langdon/Munich

Region 3

Velva vs. Harvey
Garrison/Max vs. New Town/Mandaree
Williams Co. vs. Stanley/Powers Lake
Des Lacs-Burlington vs. Berthold/Our Redeemer's

Region 4

Hazen vs. Grant Co./Flasher

Region 1 I think Milnor could possibly give Linton a game, but probably won't be that close.
Region 2 Don't know enough about it. Congrats to Cavalier on a region title and goodluck in the playoffs.
Region 3 This is the best set of games for the week. I think all of the 4 games could go either way. I think Velva wins by 2 or 3 touchdowns, but Harvey could pull an upset and the other 3 games are a toss up. I think Garrison probably handles New Town, but you never know and WC/Stanley and DLB/BO could easily go either way. Region 4 is pretty dull with 4 run aways I believe.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby SUFan » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:50 am

I think the game of the week is linton vs milnor. Milnor would be undefeated if they hadn't of lost their starting QB on the first play against MVE. And even without him the bulldogs took the falcons into overtime. It's Lintons smash mouth style up against milnor's passing game. Should be a great game
SUFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:52 pm

Truce wrote:I think Milnor/North Sargent could suprise Linton. I think it will be a good game.

I only have one thing to say about Cavalier. I was with a Team up there and the fans are trhe rudest most obnoxios people i have ever had to deal with. One of the Fans as they were driving out, opened there door on their vehicle and hit Hazens Head coach with it as they drove out. that says alot about the Town.

they have good popcorn though :lol:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:48 pm

Truce wrote:I think Milnor/North Sargent could suprise Linton. I think it will be a good game.

Cavalier may be bad...but the worst is going to Casselton (Central Cass)!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby d_fense » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:30 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:

Why? Because the fans are apathetic and do not care about football.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:24 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Truce wrote:I think Milnor/North Sargent could surprise Linton. I think it will be a good game.

I only have one thing to say about Cavalier. I was with a Team up there and the fans are the rudest most obnoxious people i have ever had to deal with. One of the Fans as they were driving out, opened there door on their vehicle and hit Hazens Head coach with it as they drove out. that says alot about the Town.

Cavalier is not bad...didn't grow up there but I consider their fans extremely quite compared to other towns....The mosquitoes are fiercely bad, although it should cool down and come around....I think if a coach was hit by a car door it would have made the 10 o'clock news, you just dont do those things and get away scott free.

The most Obnoxious folks you ever had to deal with????? come on, they seem like pussycats to me, Meow! :D
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby fanofeverything » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:49 pm

winner-within wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Truce wrote:I think Milnor/North Sargent could surprise Linton. I think it will be a good game.

I only have one thing to say about Cavalier. I was with a Team up there and the fans are the rudest most obnoxious people i have ever had to deal with. One of the Fans as they were driving out, opened there door on their vehicle and hit Hazens Head coach with it as they drove out. that says alot about the Town.

Cavalier is not bad...didn't grow up there but I consider their fans extremely quite compared to other towns....The mosquitoes are fiercely bad, although it should cool down and come around....I think if a coach was hit by a car door it would have made the 10 o'clock news, you just dont do those things and get away scott free.

The most Obnoxious folks you ever had to deal with????? come on, they seem like pussycats to me, Meow! :D

This is one of the funniest posts I have read on here. As far as I am concerned if you don't go away from a road game thinking the home fans were rude and obnoxious then I don't think the Home crowd was doing their job. Don't cross any lines or anything, no throwing things or violence but rude and obnoxious is part of the homefield advantage.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:09 pm

fanofeverything wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

This is one of the funniest posts I have read on here. As far as I am concerned if you don't go away from a road game thinking the home fans were rude and obnoxious then I don't think the Home crowd was doing their job. Don't cross any lines or anything, no throwing things or violence but rude and obnoxious is part of the homefield advantage.

Rude and obnoxious and inappropriate got students from Valley City suspended from any sporting event last year after their incident at Homecoming last year. That was a really poor showing by their fans. Still not as bad as Casselton after beating a rival last year. I don't think anyone can be worse than those Casselton fans!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby fanofeverything » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:23 pm

Like I said. There is a line you can't cross, but people are way too sensative these days. Yelling at the opposing team, the refs, the coaches, and the other fans is part of the whole deal. It has and always will, until they don't allow fans to make noise or cheer. Like I said violence and serious obscenities should not be tolerated along with throwing popcorn, drinks or anything else really. But a little trash talk is all fun and games, until someone gets sensative.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby d_fense » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:38 pm

Ok. I have a couple of comments. Fanofeverything, I think you are way off base. These are high school athletes, some of which are 14 and 15 years old. There is no excuse whatsoever for yelling at them, their coaches, or officials. Support your team by cheering for them. And serious obscenities??? Isn't an obscenity and obscenity? Believe me, I am about as insensitive a guy as you would ever meet, but wrong is wrong.

And what happened with the Central Cass football fans, last year or the year before? I had not heard anything.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby old#63 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:32 pm

I'm not an oversensitive guy either, but I'm with you d_fense, no obscenities period. These are high school events and little kids are there. And I can't believe anyone would think throwing anything is acceptable.

And there is never a time where yelling at players is appropriate. These are teenagers playing a game. They are not Randy Moss making 7 million a year, and charging you $80 to come watch him play.

I think it's probably appropriate to groan and moan a little when penalties are called as long as you are not singling out a specific player, coach, or official. But that is more to show displeasure with the call than to belittle the player who committed it or the official who made the call.

You can have plenty of fun going to high school games without all that crap. It takes away from the action on the field.

And I have been to two football games at Central Cass and had a great time. No problems with the fans or players.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby lovwatchingsports » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:42 pm

old#63 wrote:I'm not an oversensitive guy either, but I'm with you d_fense, no obscenities period. These are high school events and little kids are there. And I can't believe anyone would think throwing anything is acceptable.

And there is never a time where yelling at players is appropriate. These are teenagers playing a game. They are not Randy Moss making 7 million a year, and charging you $80 to come watch him play.

I think it's probably appropriate to groan and moan a little when penalties are called as long as you are not singling out a specific player, coach, or official. But that is more to show displeasure with the call than to belittle the player who committed it or the official who made the call.

You can have plenty of fun going to high school games without all that crap. It takes away from the action on the field.

Nicely said, this is high school!!!
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:11 pm

When was the last time Hazen and Cavalier played?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:29 pm

ndfan wrote:

When was the last time Hazen and Cavalier played?

that crossed my mind also
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby IplayforHim » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:58 pm

SUFan wrote:I think the game of the week is linton vs milnor. Milnor would be undefeated if they hadn't of lost their starting QB on the first play against MVE. And even without him the bulldogs took the falcons into overtime. It's Lintons smash mouth style up against milnor's passing game. Should be a great game

Agreed. This should be a fun game to watch. Im excited to see how Hansana and the milnor passing game goes up against Lintons secondary(10 interceptions in last 3 games). Milnor is very experienced this year with 9 seniors on O and 8 on D. Best of luck to both teams !!
IplayforHim
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsking » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:09 pm

I watched the game between Linton and Oakes this past weekend, and I found it hard to beleive that Linton who is rated #4 in the state did not play any better than they did. I realize that Oakes is down this year, but Linton really never showed much on offense. Within te first 3 minutes it was 12 to 0, and after that Linton really did not impress me. Maybe I just caught them on a bad night. Can someone tell me a little more about their season, how they have looked?
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to A