Championships Predictions

Championships Predictions

Postby revitalize » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:09 am

October is approaching, which means it's time for EDC, WDA, and State. Most teams only have one regular season invite left. Anyway, heres's my current thoughts on the EDC, WDA and State for the boys.

EDC: Currently I have 4 still in the running for the title. Those schools are West Fargo, Central, North, and Red River. In this past weekend, you have WF topple Central, Red River have a strong rebound, and North continue strongly. Since the teams are all so close, I think it'll all go to who peaks the best.

WDA: So Bismarck has this one in the bag. The race for second and third however seems to be tight. Century and Williston should be the contenders there. I have Century taking second though.

State: This is such a toss-up. Some teams that beat others at the conference meet might go down to another conference team just because of the way some teams perform at state. Ill give this one later.
revitalize
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Championships Predictions

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:20 pm

Don't look past the Shanley/Oak Grove boys or girls in the EDC. They have been running well as of late and had a good showing down at the Griak (minus a key runner in each race). My team predictions look like this:

BOYS EDC
1. WF
1. GFC (its too tight to 100% pick this now)
3. North
3. Shanley/Oak Grove (same goes here)
5. Red River (if #5 runner steps up and Francois Habimana drops his time they move up; if not they are 5th)

BOYS WDA
1. Bismarck
2. Williston
3. Century
4. Minot
5. Dickinson/Mandan/Jamestown (I'll go with Dickinson, but it could be any of the three)

GIRLS EDC
1. Davies (TOO strong)
2. Shanley/Oak Grove (dependent on their #5 runner)
3. WF (without Mears running they drop down)
4. South (young runners step up)
5. North

GIRLS WDA
1. Century (team running will lead to WDA title)
2. Bismarck
3. Dickinson
4. Minot
5. Jamestown/Williston (tough to pick)

BOYS State
1. Bismarck (not even close unless the whole Bismarck team is ill)
2. Williston
3. GFC
4. Century
5. West Fargo/Red River/Shanley-Oak Grove (tight battle for 5th...could go to either team)

GIRLS State
1. Davies
2. Century
3. Bismarck (tight battle for #2)
4. Dickinson
5. Shanley/Oak Grove (tight battle for #4)
Last edited by Run4Fun2009 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby theman » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:45 am

revitalize wrote:October is approaching, which means it's time for EDC, WDA, and State. Most teams only have one regular season invite left. Anyway, heres's my current thoughts on the EDC, WDA and State for the boys.

EDC: Currently I have 4 still in the running for the title. Those schools are West Fargo, Central, North, and Red River. In this past weekend, you have WF topple Central, Red River have a strong rebound, and North continue strongly. Since the teams are all so close, I think it'll all go to who peaks the best.

WDA: So Bismarck has this one in the bag. The race for second and third however seems to be tight. Century and Williston should be the contenders there. I have Century taking second though.

State: This is such a toss-up. Some teams that beat others at the conference meet might go down to another conference team just because of the way some teams perform at state. Ill give this one later.

I don't think that century can beat williston at WDA or State. Williston killed them at the Mandan invite only a couple of weeks ago.
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:09 am

theman wrote:
revitalize wrote:October is approaching, which means it's time for EDC, WDA, and State. Most teams only have one regular season invite left. Anyway, heres's my current thoughts on the EDC, WDA and State for the boys.

I don't think that century can beat williston at WDA or State. Williston killed them at the Mandan invite only a couple of weeks ago.

AGREED! Williston is way better than Century.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Return to Cross Country