FIRST POLLS

The teams in Class AA.

FIRST POLLS

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:00 am

The North Dakota High School football polls for Triple "A" and Double "A" have been released for the first time for 2010.

West Fargo (1-0) leads the Triple "A" poll, Fargo South (1-0) is ranked second, defending state champ Bismarck(0-1), is in the third spot, Bismarck Century (0-1) fourth and Minot (1-0) is fifth.

Double "A" has defending state champ, Fargo Shanley (1-0) ranked number one, Devils Lake (1-0) number two, Bismarck St. Marys (1-0) number three, Carrington (1-0) is ranked number four, and Central Cass (1-0) is ranked number five.

Carrington picked up one first place vote.

The Single "A" and 9-man polls will come out on Wednesday
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Re: FIRST POLLS

Postby old#63 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:05 pm

Central Cass as #5? Does that sound right? They beat Northern Cass, but so did Larimore. And Larimore is probably one of the bottom 3 teams in A - Region 2. I don't think that is that impressive of a win. I know it is early and you have to rank somebody, but I think Wahpeton still rates as the second best team in the east. At least until somebody from the east beats them.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby mjwanab » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:09 am

old#63 wrote:Central Cass as #5? Does that sound right? They beat Northern Cass, but so did Larimore. And Larimore is probably one of the bottom 3 teams in A - Region 2. I don't think that is that impressive of a win. I know it is early and you have to rank somebody, but I think Wahpeton still rates as the second best team in the east. At least until somebody from the east beats them.

I would say they are top half of what has become a pretty good Region. Will know if they are for real this weekend against Langdon-Munich. I would say Cavalier, Rugby, then Langdon-Munich and Larimore are 3 and 4. Wouldn't even be surprised to see Larimore knock off Langond-Munich.
mjwanab
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:23 am

mjwanab wrote:
old#63 wrote:Central Cass as #5? Does that sound right? They beat Northern Cass, but so did Larimore. And Larimore is probably one of the bottom 3 teams in A - Region 2. I don't think that is that impressive of a win. I know it is early and you have to rank somebody, but I think Wahpeton still rates as the second best team in the east. At least until somebody from the east beats them.

I would say they are top half of what has become a pretty good Region. Will know if they are for real this weekend against Langdon-Munich. I would say Cavalier, Rugby, then Langdon-Munich and Larimore are 3 and 4. Wouldn't even be surprised to see Larimore knock off Langond-Munich.

What are you talking about...this is the AA board not the A board...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby old#63 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:36 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
mjwanab wrote:

What are you talking about...this is the AA board not the A board...

I think mjwanab was challenging my dissing of Larimore. And he might be right. Larimore beat Griggs/
Barnes (lower team in Region 1-A), so they are 2-0. They might be a better team than I gave them credit for.
And you are right, Run4fun, this is a AA board, but before region play begins, most of the play is cross region, or cross A/AA, etcc..., so the talk gets mixed.
My real point is that beating Northern Cass didn't rate as a big enough win for me to rank Central Cass as #5. And losing to St. Mary's didn't rate as a big enough loss for me to not put Wahpeton above them. Yet anyway.....???
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND_beast » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:13 pm

when do the new rainkings come out each week?
ND_beast
NDPreps Starter

Return to AA