Darin Matern

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Darin Matern

Postby The Perfect Storm09 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:49 pm

Yup yes sir. Comments..?
Last edited by The Perfect Storm09 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't know how many years I can steal this many bags, so I figure I've got to get 'em now."
The Perfect Storm09
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Darrin Maddern

Postby balla45 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:35 am

Who?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:02 am

I think he means Darin Matern? even so...whats the point of this topic?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Eminence » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:28 am

Darin Matern is a very good coach and Century is lucky to have him! It takes a few years to develop a program and Coach Matern is they type of coach that will be able to establish great boys program.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:38 am

Eminence wrote:Darin Matern is a very good coach and Century is lucky to have him! It takes a few years to develop a program and Coach Matern is they type of coach that will be able to establish great boys program.

I completely agree! Century needed a strong program builder, and now they have one.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby oldcoach2 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:03 pm

Coach Matern is great addition to the CHS program and will build a very successful program in the next few years. Maybe then not so many kids will transfer from CHS to BHS and that should equal the playing field a bit! Success breeds success
oldcoach2
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:29 am

I agree with OldCoach2. I only wish the original poster had spelled his name right and actually said something about him.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:27 am

Where was he before this?
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:03 pm

Hinsa wrote:Where was he before this?

He was Bismarck High asst for a few years. IMO the back bone of a solid program @ BHS. He will do well with Century once Century gets in his style of program. He's very demanding from his players and team. Best wishes Coach.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Perfect Storm09 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:41 pm

I apologize for the misspelling. But I did mean this legitimately. He has brought and will continue to bring a great program to CHS
"I don't know how many years I can steal this many bags, so I figure I've got to get 'em now."
The Perfect Storm09
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Darin Matern

Postby balla45 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:55 pm

I completely agree. I love his style of coaching. No nonsense. It is great. I do hope his team is successful again this coming season and in the future.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Schmidty22 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:50 am

Although it sounds weird I completely agree with balla45 on this one there is no nonsense in Darin Mattern's coaching he is as hard nosed as I have ever seen his practices are just as intense as the games he coaches.
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Perfect Storm09 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:39 pm

Shoe stomp king
The Perfect Storm09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Schmidty22 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:39 pm

The Perfect Storm09 wrote:Shoe stomp king

haha so true so true
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Postby bisonvsfightingsioux » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:50 pm

One thing you are not thinking about. Century SOFTIES will take yrs to change that program around. Look at Football just cant get over the hump.
bisonvsfightingsioux
NDPreps Rookie

Postby The Perfect Storm09 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:54 pm

I could go off on a big rant right now. But I will restrain myself. Just watch and see how they play this year. Any sport for that matter
The Perfect Storm09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:33 am

Thursday against Mandan will be a big test for Century. I don't expect Century win but it will be interesting to see what direction Matern is going with his program.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Schmidty22 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:41 pm

bisonvsfightingsioux wrote:One thing you are not thinking about. Century SOFTIES will take yrs to change that program around. Look at Football just cant get over the hump.

Softies haha thats absolutely hilarious to think that just because they go to Century they are soft I happen to see kids at Century that are rather muscualr and larger I don't think they are very soft so I think you need to learn a seven letter word RESPECT!
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Perfect Storm09 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:10 pm

Century wins over mandan Thursday night. I thought overall it was an impressive victory. The Patriots played really well on the defensive end and did pretty descent executing their offense and knocking down shots. Melvie hit a 3 with about a minute left that clinched it for the Pats. I believe the "soft" tag people have been putting on Century over the years is dissipating, especially in basketball with Matern as coach.
The Perfect Storm09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bisonvsfightingsioux » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:04 pm

Physical strength and size helps but when you put it together with mental strength, Century is SOFT. Just take a look at the banners in the schools of Fargo South, Minot, and Bismarck High.
Perfect storm you are right, Mattern will help that soft tag, he is a good coach and those kids are playing well for him.
bisonvsfightingsioux
NDPreps Rookie

Return to Boys