2010-2011

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2010-2011

Postby balla45 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:03 pm

whateverittakes wrote:
balla45 wrote:Whateverittakes, what are your all conference teams for 2010-2011 in the EDC and WDA?

Who is going to start for Mandan, seeing that you think Collins won't? That is laughable.

jacobson
dunn
rodenbiker
farkas
schock
ringdahl
bergeron
schultz
bontjes
hanson
arvidson
erikstad
mertens
lofgren
oakland

Again. Who is your all conference team in the WDA? Who is going to start for Mandan seeing that you think Collins won't?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wildcat » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:12 pm

I would not be surprised to see Steinwand have a very good season for Minot High and sneak into first-team all-state, if, God forbid, someone were to get hurt.

I think Balla's list of first-team all-staters is pretty rock solid. Steinwand may be good enough to sneak in there and help lead Minot High to a great finish next year, or he may not even be on the all-state team depending upon how much he works in the offseason.

Also, there's a similar situation with Jesse Crosby, though he would never be first-team all-state. He may be good enough to be on the all-state team if he also works in the offseason and also depending upon how much success has Crosby has.

Minot High's success is largely depending upon these two.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndbasketballfan007 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:16 am

EDC
Rodenbiker
Schock
Farkas
Schultz
Bergeron (will have to prove he can be the main guard) Savegeau gone
Montplasir
Dunn
Arvidson
Loftgren
Ericksted
N.Mertens (soph) player to watch
Jacobson (soph)
Kroeplin (soph) player to watch
Kazane
Oklund

EDC
Fargo Shanley
Fargo South
Fargo North
West Fargo
Red River
Devils Lake
Wahpeton
GF Central
Fargo Davies
Valley City
ndbasketballfan007
NDPreps Starter

Postby happygilmore » Sat May 15, 2010 10:25 pm

Moody should not be on that list. He is a garbage player and I can't see him playing at an all conference level.

Other than that, the list sounds about right. Devin Coyle is legit and he can and will average at least 16 a game. Mandan will be solid and Bismarck will surprise people.
Fargo Shanley is a scary team from the east loaded with talented guards.
"You're in my world now, Grandma!"
happygilmore
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Mon May 17, 2010 9:13 am

My pick for the WDA in 2010-2011

1. Mandan - alot coming back from last years team
2. Dickinson - loses few to graduation, will be very strong
3. Bismarck - will reload as always
4. Century - toss up from 4th to 5th place with Minot
5. Minot - toss up from 5th to 4th place with Century
6. St Mary's - they will be a thorn in some teams side
7. Belcourt - they could be higher in the standing but it's up to them playing as a team
8. Jamestown - lost alot to graduation
9. Williston - lost alot to graduation
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby thank_you_sir » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:59 am

The capital city classic team camp was this passed weekend in Bismarck. What teams/players stuck out or surprised you?
I Bust Mine
So I Can Kick Yours
thank_you_sir
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:50 pm

I watched Mandan, Bismarck, Fargo North, Fargo South, Dickinson, and Century.

Bismarck is going to be solid. One of two things will happen on this team, either Dexter Werner will average 25 and 12, and they will struggle, which I think is unlikely, or Dexter Werner will average 20 and 12, while DeWayne Liggins averages about 18 and 8, and they will be successful. I think it will be more of the latter.
Werner is a first team all stater. Liggins has second team all state potential.

Fargo North played without Bergeron. They'll be very solid, like always. Schulz is a first team all stater. Watch for Schnabel to surprise a lot of people this year.

Fargo South will be a very good team if they can find a shooter. Charles and Kazane are quick penetrators. Oakland looks like a 16 and 9 guy.

Dickinson is basically the same team as last year. No big surprises here.

Century could contend for a state title. Maund, Fraase, Melvie, Ledger, and Rivinius are as solid a starting five as any. I see Maund, Ledger, and Rivinius as all conference. Ledger will be all state.

Mandan has a very solid group of 6. I see 4 all conference players here, with Coyle being a first team all stater. Janz could sneak in the second group. I see him as a 14-16 and 8-10 guy.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby happygilmore » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:34 pm

anything on west fargo?

and also, arent maund, fraase, and ledger all point guards?
"You're in my world now, Grandma!"
happygilmore
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:31 pm

Did not see West Fargo play. They'll be solid. Limke always is.

Maund is a point guard. Fraase is a shooter/scorer. I have never seen him as a distrubitor or a guy that is going to play full court defense. Ledger can be a point or play on the wing. He played on the wing some as a sophomore and was fine.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby iluvit » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:07 am

Bismarck will have no depth past there starting 5, besides devin shirado of then bench...... The starting 5 being klienjan, fitterer, Liggens, talamadge, and Werner. but those 5 are one of the best in the state..... And theres one question i have to ask, who is going to gaurd dexter this year???? because the only person that seemed to hold him was kelpinski, but besides that i didnt see really anyone get to him
iluvit
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:08 pm

iluvit wrote:Bismarck will have no depth past there starting 5, besides devin shirado of then bench...... The starting 5 being klienjan, fitterer, Liggens, talamadge, and Werner. but those 5 are one of the best in the state..... And theres one question i have to ask, who is going to gaurd dexter this year???? because the only person that seemed to hold him was kelpinski, but besides that i didnt see really anyone get to him

Where do you see Unruh at this coming year. I heard he's good and I saw him at ECI and he seems to be able to handle himself?

The Dexter question...? I don't think anyone can stop him except himself. He will be the one on the team that when a team plays him, you play to slow him down not stop him. IMO he will be about a double(18-20) double(10-15) nightly
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baseball1000 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:31 pm

anyone heard of patrick strom? He's only going to be a Freshman for shanley this year but he will be VERY good in a few years..
Baseball1000
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:12 pm

Strom is good. Pure shooter.

PATRICK STROM – 6’0” – SG – FARGO (ND)
Really turned in a strong effort in the morning by displaying range, skill, instincts, and a solid overall floor game that impacts the game on both ends.

ny2lasports.com

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby magicmorman » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:33 am

balla45 wrote:12 year old professional womanizer.

you're a jerk and you should be banned for making fun of this kid. he has to feel terrible
Mormon Hill’ had been long designated ‘as the place in which countless treasures were buried
magicmorman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hinsa » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:17 pm

magicmorman wrote:

you're a jerk and you should be banned for making fun of this kid. he has to feel terrible

OK, I'll explain this one more time. This quote you have from Balla45 is in response to a former poster who listed his age as 12 and his profession as a professional womanizer. He was not making fun of the kid, merely pointing out what the kid himself listed, so the kid brought it on himself.

Funny how your avatar is the same as the kid in question.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:54 pm

magicmorman wrote:

I am a very nice, polite individual. I do not make fun of people. That individual may feel terrible, but I do not choose how that individual feels.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby magicmorman » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:58 pm

Hinsa wrote:
magicmorman wrote:

OK, I'll explain this one more time. This quote you have from Balla45 is in response to a former poster who listed his age as 12 and his profession as a professional womanizer. He was not making fun of the kid, merely pointing out what the kid himself listed, so the kid brought it on himself.

Funny how your avatar is the same as the kid in question.

i know. odd isn't it
Mormon Hill’ had been long designated ‘as the place in which countless treasures were buried
magicmorman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:08 am

How does everyone see the EDC and WDA stacking up this year and who's going to state and taking it all.
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:06 pm

1. Dickinson -- Hanstad, Moody, Abrahamson, Kessel, Wanner, Steffan. I expect Hanstad to improve upon his numbers from last season and I believe Kessel will be a solid second option. Moody is still one of the more athletic players in the WDA and Abrahamson is as experienced as any.

2. Mandan -- Coyle, Collins, Westby, Janz, Zinke, Marcellais. Depth could be an issue but probably the most raw talent in the WDA. I would put them at number 1, but I want to see how Mandan's style of pressure defense will work without so much height in the middle altering shots.

3. Century -- Maund, Fraase, Melvie, Ledger, Rivinius, Rhone, Bray, Thunshelle. I like this starting 5. Depth could be an issue, but I think most teams will have this problem. On paper, this is a very good team. All but Ledger are unproven at the varsity level, but I do believe they can and will step up.

4. Bismarck -- Schirado, Fitterer, Liggins, Talmadge, Werner. This team lacks tremendous offensive fire power but I believe that will be made up on the defensive end. I see Liggins having a breakout season this year and ending up as an all stater. *If Kleinjan is back for the basketball season, I think Bismarck goes up to number 3, maybe even higher. The lack of a true point guard will hurt this team and Kleinjan brings that aspect to BHS.
5. Minot -- Murphy, Magnuson, Steinwand, Crosby, Adams, Moch, Gerding. This team is intriguing. They have potential to be a very, very good team. Steinwand will be solid. I think Crosby and Adams are the big question marks. If Crosby and Adams are consistent scorers, this team should have no trouble making the state tournament and doing damage.

I think any of these top 5 teams could all contend for a WDA title, it is that close.

There is a huge drop off between five and six. All of these teams will probably be rebuilidng for the next few seasons, but the future could be bright.
6. Saint Mary's
7. Belcourt
8. Jamestown
9. Williston

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:21 pm

1. Fargo Shanley -- Rodenbiker and Jacobson are both all state caliber players. Add to that a team that returns almost everyone, with a lot of experience, and I believe that this true can compete for a state championship.

2. Fargo North -- Nick Schultz will repeat as all state. I see Mullen and Bergeron being all conference as well. This team looked solid in my viewings of them this summer.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. West Fargo -- Defense wins games and we know we will get that from West Fargo. Limke can make something out of nothing and he has some talent to work with. A return to state seems to be almost assured here. Farkas is one of the better players in the EDC. This team will commit to Limke's style of play and will win because of it.
4. Fargo South -- This team has athletes all over the court. I could see Okland having a 14-16 and 7-10 rebound per game season. I liked what I saw from this team this summer as well.
5. Grand Forks Red River -- Red River has talent but I think they may have lost too much of it and might be one year out. They could get to state though. I see promising younger players on this team.
6. Devil's Lake -- This team could definitely qualify as a sleeper. I'm told this team will not be successful but I see some talented players on this roster. A state berth is definitely not out of the question with this team, in my opinion.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
7. Wahpeton
8. Grand Forks Central
9. Fargo Davies
10. Valley City

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:46 pm

My All State Teams (Estimated Stats)

First Team

Joe Hanstad (30 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists)
Josh Rodenbiker (18 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists)
Nick Schultz (17 points, 11 rebounds, 2 blocks)
Dexter Werner (24 points, 13 rebounds, 3 blocks)
Devin Coyle (17 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists)

Second Team

Justin Ledger (16 points, 5 rebounds)
Dewayne Liggins (18 points, 8 rebounds, 3 steals)
AJ Jacobson (16 points, 7 rebounds)
Ben Erickstad (16 points, 11 rebounds)
Aaron Janz (14 points, 12 rebounds)

Outside Looking In

Isaiah "Izzy" Steinwand (15 points, 5 rebounds)
Andrew Okland (14 points, 8 rebounds)
Chase Farkas (14 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists)
Erron Collins (14 points, 4 rebounds, 5 assists)
Jesse Crosby (15 points, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks)

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Schmidty22 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:44 pm

balla45 wrote:1. Dickinson -- Hanstad, Moody, Abrahamson, Kessel, Wanner, Steffan. I expect Hanstad to improve upon his numbers from last season and I believe Kessel will be a solid second option. Moody is still one of the more athletic players in the WDA and Abrahamson is as experienced as any.

2. Mandan -- Coyle, Collins, Westby, Janz, Zinke, Marcellais. Depth could be an issue but probably the most raw talent in the WDA. I would put them at number 1, but I want to see how Mandan's style of pressure defense will work without so much height in the middle altering shots.

3. Century -- Maund, Fraase, Melvie, Ledger, Rivinius, Rhone, Bray, Thunshelle. I like this starting 5. Depth could be an issue, but I think most teams will have this problem. On paper, this is a very good team. All but Ledger are unproven at the varsity level, but I do believe they can and will step up.

4. Bismarck -- Schirado, Fitterer, Liggins, Talmadge, Werner. This team lacks tremendous offensive fire power but I believe that will be made up on the defensive end. I see Liggins having a breakout season this year and ending up as an all stater. *If Kleinjan is back for the basketball season, I think Bismarck goes up to number 3, maybe even higher. The lack of a true point guard will hurt this team and Kleinjan brings that aspect to BHS.
5. Minot -- Murphy, Magnuson, Steinwand, Crosby, Adams, Moch, Gerding. This team is intriguing. They have potential to be a very, very good team. Steinwand will be solid. I think Crosby and Adams are the big question marks. If Crosby and Adams are consistent scorers, this team should have no trouble making the state tournament and doing damage.

I think any of these top 5 teams could all contend for a WDA title, it is that close.

There is a huge drop off between five and six. All of these teams will probably be rebuilidng for the next few seasons, but the future could be bright.
6. Saint Mary's
7. Belcourt
8. Jamestown
9. Williston

I was told the Kleinjan is out indefinately for this upcoming season....saying that Mandan has raw talent is true but that statement is true for every team in the WDA this season there will be a bunch of breakout stars this up coming basketball season. It will be quite a race at the top between these 5 teams this upcoming season.
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Perfect Storm09 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:07 pm

Look for Alex Bray to have a BREAKOUT season. I know he will see good minutes. He's been working very hard out the off-season. High hopes for the Bray-train
"I don't know how many years I can steal this many bags, so I figure I've got to get 'em now."
The Perfect Storm09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:18 pm

Schmidty22 wrote:
balla45 wrote:1. Dickinson -- Hanstad, Moody, Abrahamson, Kessel, Wanner, Steffan. I expect Hanstad to improve upon his numbers from last season and I believe Kessel will be a solid second option. Moody is still one of the more athletic players in the WDA and Abrahamson is as experienced as any.

6. Saint Mary's
7. Belcourt
8. Jamestown
9. Williston

I was told the Kleinjan is out indefinately for this upcoming season....saying that Mandan has raw talent is true but that statement is true for every team in the WDA this season there will be a bunch of breakout stars this up coming basketball season. It will be quite a race at the top between these 5 teams this upcoming season.

Hopefully Kleinjan finds a way back, but if he doesn't, I have BHS right behind CHS. I think Dickinson and Mandan will distance themselves from the rest of the pack. I believe Mandan has the most talent 1-8, but Dickinson does have the state's best player, and he is a senior now. I have a feeling that he will take his game to another level.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby magicmorman » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:38 pm

i put my money on tom fraase. he is one of the best players in the state hands down. i cant think of a better person
magicmorman
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Boys