Davies coaches named

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Davies coaches named

Postby eyeinthesky » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:45 am

The following story was in todays Fargo Forum:

Basketball at Davies High School now has its first faces of the program.

The school announced the hiring of Tonah Safranski as its first head girls basketball coach and Bart Manson as the first boys basketball coach on Thursday.

“What’s exciting is the fresh start and having to start the program,” Manson said. “One of the reasons why I came over there was to lay groundwork for future years.

“We get to develop a program that’s brand new. Who wouldn’t be excited about that?”

Both Manson and Safranski were the sophomore coaches at Davies this season, and both were previously assistants at Fargo South.

Safranski was an assistant under Craig Flaagan at South for the past 12 years, and also played for him in the early 1990s before her collegiate career at Minnesota State Moorhead.

“Flaagan was my high school coach, and I’m sure that rivalry will be fun,” Safranski said. “…I love the game, and it’s always been a goal of mine to become a head coach.”

Manson has been the head coach at Belcourt and Grand Forks Red River, and assisted at West Fargo and Fargo South.

“Being an assistant under guys like Greg Limke at West Fargo and Mike (Hendrickson) at South has allowed me to take a step back from being a head coach,” Manson said. “I got to see how those great programs were run, and now I come in with my ideas.”

Along with being a longtime hoops assistant at South, Safranski has been the head volleyball coach for the Bruins for the past five years.

“It’s an exciting opportunity because of my love for basketball and my background in basketball,” Safranski said. “It’s been a goal of mine to be a head coach since I started playing basketball.

“It’s a start with a new program, so this was a good time to make that transition.”
eyeinthesky
NDPreps Starter

Re: Davies coaches named

Postby sekasum » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:17 pm

I am sure Bart will do a great job-just like his prowess at Red River.
sekasum
NDPreps Starter

Postby 75ford » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:53 am

sekasum wrote:I am sure Bart will do a great job-just like his prowess at Red River.

I agree that Bart Manson will do an excellent job, he comes from a family that knows coaching and he did a very good job at Red River. From what I have heard it looks like Davies has better numbers in basketball than south does. Next year will be tough with playing the varsity schedule with no Seniors, but in second season they should be able to fair better. North, Shanley, WF, and South will be strong in EDC next year.
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby dwade » Wed May 19, 2010 1:34 pm

75ford wrote:
sekasum wrote:I am sure Bart will do a great job-just like his prowess at Red River.

I agree that Bart Manson will do an excellent job, he comes from a family that knows coaching and he did a very good job at Red River. From what I have heard it looks like Davies has better numbers in basketball than south does. Next year will be tough with playing the varsity schedule with no Seniors, but in second season they should be able to fair better. North, Shanley, WF, and South will be strong in EDC next year.

I agree! Bart is an excellent coach and I look for him to do great things here. I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually went pro one of these days.
dwade
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Nodak Guy » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:04 pm

Gene Manson will be an assistant coach at Davies next year. He was working with the team at the Capital City Classic team camp over the weekend. The team struggled, but should show improvement as the summer swing gets going.
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:37 pm

Nodak Guy wrote:Gene Manson will be an assistant coach at Davies next year. He was working with the team at the Capital City Classic team camp over the weekend. The team struggled, but should show improvement as the summer swing gets going.

Seen that myself. I think they will make some noise next year
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby yosports » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:44 am

Does anyone know what Safranski will do about coaching VB? Will she coach VB for Fargo South this year and BB for Davies?? Or who is the head VB coach for Davies?
yosports
NDPreps Starter

Postby bruins44 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:10 pm

yosports wrote:Does anyone know what Safranski will do about coaching VB? Will she coach VB for Fargo South this year and BB for Davies?? Or who is the head VB coach for Davies?

She quit Volleyball at South, Heather Stuburg is the new volleyball coach at Davies, she was an assistant at South last year. Sarah Lacher is the new Volleyball coach at South, she was the soph coach at South last year.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Boys