Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Kevin Garnett

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who is the best player in the NBA

Kobe Bryant
31%
LeBron James
45%
Kevin Durant
21%
Other
3%

Total votes : 29

Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Kevin Garnett

Postby balla45 » Sun May 02, 2010 9:32 pm

Whom is the best?

If you choose other, post who your choice is.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Re: Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Kevin Garnett

Postby Indy5 » Mon May 03, 2010 11:03 am

My order would be:
1.Lebron
2.Kobe
3.Wade
4.Durant
5. Bosh
6.Pierce
7.Melo
8.Roy
9. Dirk
10.Paul, Williams, and Rondo
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportsrube » Mon May 03, 2010 11:22 am

My top 10 would be:

1. Lebron
2. Kobe
3. Durant
4. Wade
5. Howard
6. Pau Gasol
7. Pierce
8. Paul
9. Chris Bosh
10. Dirk Nowitski
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Mon May 03, 2010 6:51 pm

I had to double take when I saw Kevin Garnett in a debate for best player with LeBron and Kobe, haha.

LeBron
Kobe
Carmelo
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Wade
Howard
Bosh
Dirk
Roy
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Mon May 03, 2010 7:13 pm

baseball wrote:I had to double take when I saw Kevin Garnett in a debate for best player with LeBron and Kobe, haha.

LeBron
Kobe
Carmelo
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Wade
Howard
Bosh
Dirk
Roy

Personally, I don't like Melo that much. I think he is half ways out of control and has no leadership. Obviously, he's still a great player.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby KiNg LeBrOn » Wed May 05, 2010 10:15 am

LeBron is far and away best player. He will be the best to ever play the game. It's not even close. Wade and Durant are the next best two. Garnett isn't even in top 15. Kobe is not close to LeBron
Swag is vicious
KiNg LeBrOn
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Wed May 05, 2010 11:20 am

KiNg LeBrOn wrote:LeBron is far and away best player. He will be the best to ever play the game. It's not even close. Wade and Durant are the next best two. Garnett isn't even in top 15. Kobe is not close to LeBron

Well we obviously already knew your opinion based on your name. :D I agree Garnett is probably not top 15 anymore because he has gotten old and had injuries. Wade is the third best player IMO. Durant is my favorite player and as you can tell I like the Thunder, but let's not get carried away on him. He is soft on D and doesn't rebound like he should for a 6'10'' guy. He is mostly just a great scorer. Kobe is better than him. Kobe is the second best player IMO. He is close to LeBron. I don't think LeBron has as much pure basketball talent as Kobe, but he is better because he's younger and more energetic and just a freak of nature. I don't think we'll ever see another player with LeBron's body. I don't think he'll be the greatest ever. Jordan is one such a different level from everyone it's not funny. And I think Wilt was close to as good to an extent. Wilt just had the advantage because he was almost 7 foot back when everyone was 6'7''.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Wed May 05, 2010 2:30 pm

I think that if someone is going to be better than Jordan, it will be James. I still like Oscar Robertson as the greatest of all time though.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby KiNg LeBrOn » Wed May 05, 2010 5:23 pm

I think championships are important, but is not a valid argument when comparing who is a better player. With or without championships, I think LeBron will be better than Kobe. If people want to take the championship route, then I'll just remind them that Robert Horry won 7. So he would be an all time great. I know that is blowing it out of proportion, but I just think that LeBron haters should not be so cocky about him having more rings.
Swag is vicious
KiNg LeBrOn
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Wed May 05, 2010 6:35 pm

Indy5 wrote:
KiNg LeBrOn wrote:LeBron is far and away best player. He will be the best to ever play the game. It's not even close. Wade and Durant are the next best two. Garnett isn't even in top 15. Kobe is not close to LeBron

He is soft on D and doesn't rebound like he should for a 6'10'' guy. .

He doesnt rebound well for a guy 6'10", sure. but hes a pretty good rebounder for a SF.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Wed May 05, 2010 8:30 pm

balla45 wrote:I think that if someone is going to be better than Jordan, it will be James. I still like Oscar Robertson as the greatest of all time though.

I agree I think it will be LeBron. Who knows maybe it'll be Tyreke Evans. :D His stats for his rookie year were only comparable to Oscar, LeBron, and MJ
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Wed May 05, 2010 8:34 pm

baseball wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

He is soft on D and doesn't rebound like he should for a 6'10'' guy. .

He doesnt rebound well for a guy 6'10", sure. but hes a pretty good rebounder for a SF.

He improved as the season went on. I guess I just looked and he averaged 7.6 a game. Thats pretty good. As a fan, I just always felt he should have got more boards. I guess I am semi-proven wrong. But, I still think that a little because they don't have any good bigs to get the boards.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Thu May 06, 2010 1:13 am

thats one thing the Thunder lack, a true big. Krestic? and Collison are good, but they arent centers. From what ive seen Jeff Green also seems more like a natural 3 forced to play the 4. what they need is a dependable 5. they are set for the next decade with Westbrook as the point, assume they can keep him. And from what ive seen Durant shows no signs at all of wanting to leave OKC. I love Collison, but hes not a 5, wasnt even a center in college. If James Harden can develop into the player he showed gtlimpses of at ASU, they will be a fun team to watch over then next 5-8 years.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Thu May 06, 2010 6:20 pm

baseball wrote:thats one thing the Thunder lack, a true big. Krestic? and Collison are good, but they arent centers. From what ive seen Jeff Green also seems more like a natural 3 forced to play the 4. what they need is a dependable 5. they are set for the next decade with Westbrook as the point, assume they can keep him. And from what ive seen Durant shows no signs at all of wanting to leave OKC. I love Collison, but hes not a 5, wasnt even a center in college. If James Harden can develop into the player he showed gtlimpses of at ASU, they will be a fun team to watch over then next 5-8 years.

yeah Green is definitely a 3 forced to play 4, but it works fine. Just makes them more athletic. Harden could be good and Green will develop nicely I think. Obviously, Westbrook and Durant are already solid. As bad as it sounds, I was hoping they'd be terrible one more year so they could try to find a good big in the draft. Maybe they'll steal a hidden gem. Collison is a decent rebounder but thats it. Krstic is not very good IMO. I like Ibaka's energy off the bench though. He is very athletic.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri May 07, 2010 4:57 pm

Top ten in the NBA

1. Lebron- A true physical specimen, sharp kid... has the gift that makes him one of the best ever, which is.. MAKES HIS TEAMMATES BETTER THAN THEY WOULD BE... ALA JORDAN!
2. Wade- the most intelligent, all around cowboy in the league!
3. Kobe- hate putting him here...he's unbelievably selfish...but a true warrior!
4. tied for 4th-Howard- the best big man since Hakeem Alajuwon....Nash- he'll drop from this position within 2 years and there are better talents but he's an animal!
5. Ginobili- same scenario as Nash...tough-tough-tough! no whining...animal!
6. Stoudemier- A true force and a great player
7. Nowitzski- has to do it alone and also play for an Idiot owner..take him on my team any day!
8. Duncan- has to be in the top ten, just because!
9. Melo- don't like him at all but he can play (when he's healthy)!
10.Durant- he isn't worthy yet...but will be the next phenomenon!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Fri May 07, 2010 5:31 pm

winner-within wrote:Top ten in the NBA

1. Lebron- A true physical specimen, sharp kid... has the gift that makes him one of the best ever, which is.. MAKES HIS TEAMMATES BETTER THAN THEY WOULD BE... ALA JORDAN!
3. Kobe- hate putting him here...he's unbelievably selfish...but a true warrior!
4. tied for 4th-Howard- the best big man since Hakeem Alajuwon....Nash- he'll drop from this position within 2 years and there are better talents but he's an animal!
7. Nowitzski- has to do it alone and also play for an Idiot owner..take him on my team any day!

Hey, don't be hating on Mark Cuban. He is awesome. Thats how I would be if I was an owner. I absolutely love how he sits court-side and is on the refs. He is passionate, unlike all the other owners. And listening to him in interviews and TV shows, I have to say he seems like a pretty cool guy.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Fri May 07, 2010 7:29 pm

winner-within wrote:5. Ginobili- same scenario as Nash...tough-tough-tough! no whining...animal!

5? theres a difference between tough and good haha
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Sat May 08, 2010 8:09 am

baseball wrote:
winner-within wrote:5. Ginobili- same scenario as Nash...tough-tough-tough! no whining...animal!

so which are you?? I'm both... 8)
Last edited by winner-within on Sat May 08, 2010 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Sat May 08, 2010 8:10 am

Indy5 wrote:

Hey, don't be hating on Mark Cuban. He is awesome. Thats how I would be if I was an owner. I absolutely love how he sits court-side and is on the refs. He is passionate, unlike all the other owners. And listening to him in interviews and TV shows, I have to say he seems like a pretty cool guy.

Yea just like Jerry Jones :lol:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Sat May 08, 2010 1:30 pm

winner-within wrote:
baseball wrote:

so which are you?? I'm both... 8)

both would put you at 1 and Lebron at 2...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sat May 08, 2010 4:29 pm

winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

Yea just like Jerry Jones :lol:

Yeah, but Jerry is a boring old geeyser. To me, he doesn't seem to be that cool of a guy. Cuban is the man.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Sun May 09, 2010 8:16 pm

My top 10

1. Lebron
2. Kobe
3. D-Wade
4. Howard
5. Durant
6. Dirk
7. Nash
8. Melo
9. Duncan
10. Chris Paul/Derron Williams
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Mon May 10, 2010 2:34 am

winner-within wrote:4. tied for 4th-Howard- the best big man since Hakeem Alajuwon....

Shaq, Duncan, and Garnett were all better in their prime.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon May 10, 2010 10:09 am

Flip wrote:
winner-within wrote:4. tied for 4th-Howard- the best big man since Hakeem Alajuwon....

Shaq, Duncan, and Garnett were all better in their prime.

well when Jordan stepped aside from the NBA it was Hakeem and team who went back to back in 94'-95' for the Championship and when Jordan left the league it was Hakeem and only Hakeem who had won more games head to head with Jordan...I personally would take Hakeem in front of Garnett.....also he had way more ability and stamina than Shaq...Duncan has always had more of a supporting cast.
Hakeem played against Magic, Bird, Jordan, he played against and during an era when the NBA was much tougher with better players pound for pound.

The Dream was a machine :wink:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Mon May 10, 2010 11:30 am

winner-within wrote:he played against and in during an era when the NBA was much tougher with better players pound for pound.

The Dream was a machine :wink:

I don't agree with this. I think the average player nowadays is much more athletic. And there are a lot of good young players.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Hot Topics