All State

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

All State

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:36 pm

First Team

Carli Peterson
Meghan Roehrich*
Siri Burck (pure baller)
Caitlyn Farroh*
Sasha Golus*

Second Team

Steph Pedersen*
Alyssa Dehne*
Jess Herauf*
Kara Nygaard
Madi Buck

*Crazy to see that 6 all staters are returning next year.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Re: All State

Postby Mr.Fan » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:06 am

The media and sportscasters are going to have a tough time choosing Miss Basketball next year! Plus you have to throw in Shauna Long from Standing Rock too! That's a good All-State Team though!
Mr.Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Eminence » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:11 am

Next year Miss Basketball candidates:
Long
Roerich
Farroh
Golus
Herauf
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:51 am

Eminence wrote:Next year Miss Basketball candidates:
Long
Roerich
Farroh
Golus
Herauf

Great list, but there were a lot of juniors on the Class B all-state team that could be on the list. I think Farroh, Golus, and Herauf need to lead their teams to state to even be considered even tho they are good.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsguruguy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:01 pm

balla45 wrote:First Team

Carli Peterson
Meghan Roehrich*
Siri Burck (pure baller)
Caitlyn Farroh*
Sasha Golus*

Second Team

Steph Pedersen*
Alyssa Dehne*
Jess Herauf*
Kara Nygaard
Madi Buck

Congratulations to all 10 players!! It would be fun to see these 10 girls play some aau tourneys. I bet they would beat up on teams!
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby wperson » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:43 pm

sportsguruguy wrote:
balla45 wrote:First Team

Carli Peterson
Meghan Roehrich*
Siri Burck (pure baller)
Caitlyn Farroh*
Sasha Golus*

Second Team

Steph Pedersen*
Alyssa Dehne*
Jess Herauf*
Kara Nygaard
Madi Buck

Congratulations to all 10 players!! It would be fun to see these 10 girls play some aau tourneys. I bet they would beat up on teams!

You can count me in. Put the team together.

---------------------------------------------------------
Sasha's Dad
wperson
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Eminence » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:09 pm

Has Sasha thought about where she is going to college?
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mr.Fan » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:20 pm

I'm pretty sure if you lead the WDA in scoring and rebounding for 3 years in a row--you're going to be a Miss Basketball candidate! That's pretty dumb!!!
Mr.Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:34 pm

My preseason candidate list is Roehrich, Farroh, Golus, Long.

Right now I go with Roehrich for Miss Basketball, with Long a close second. All 4 girl's numbers are very close, and it is hard to actually decide who is better, having seen all but Farroh play, I still can't decide. I have seen Long dominate Class B tournaments, Golus drop 29 while only missing 2 shots, and Roehrich dominate multiple games. That said, Roehrich seems to be the most media liked player at this point. Gatorade Player Of The Year winner over Long's 28 a game, Farroh's 20/20 average, and Golus's 20/12 average. Should be a fun season. These girls are studs.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsguruguy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:55 pm

balla45 wrote:My preseason candidate list is Roehrich, Farroh, Golus, Long.

Right now I go with Roehrich for Miss Basketball, with Long a close second. All 4 girl's numbers are very close, and it is hard to actually decide who is better, having seen all but Farroh play, I still can't decide. I have seen Long dominate Class B tournaments, Golus drop 29 while only missing 2 shots, and Roehrich dominate multiple games. That said, Roehrich seems to be the most media liked player at this point. Gatorade Player Of The Year winner over Long's 28 a game, Farroh's 20/20 average, and Golus's 20/12 average. Should be a fun season. These girls are studs.

These girls are great athletes, but winning that award is non existence, if your team does not win the state championship!! I will bet any one of these great athletes would rather win a state championship over a miss basaketball award. IMO the SPOY is a better award than a miss bball player because the coaching staff of ND picks it not the media!!
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:06 am

I think that all 3 have equal value. Coaches have bias, as do the media, and the Gatorade people usually do a good job as well.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Eminence » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:11 am

sportsguruguy wrote:

These girls are great athletes, but winning that award is non existence, if your team does not win the state championship!! I will bet any one of these great athletes would rather win a state championship over a miss basaketball award. IMO the SPOY is a better award than a miss bball player because the coaching staff of ND picks it not the media!!

Nobody cares about the SPOY or Gatorade awards, only the Miss Basketball. Miss Basketball is what everybody hears about and follows. Just shows you the power the media has.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:52 am

That is not true. I would agree with you about gatorade but people are getting smarter and putting a lot of weight into SPOY
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:55 am

Eminence wrote:
sportsguruguy wrote:

Nobody cares about the SPOY or Gatorade awards, only the Miss Basketball. Miss Basketball is what everybody hears about and follows. Just shows you the power the media has.

I agree with you. Right or wrong, the media is going to pick top players from top teams because they think great players make great teams. Not always true, but people want to read and hear about top teams. You could be the leading scorer or rebounder in the state, but if you can't lead your team to State then they will look at players who do because in the end, it is still a team sport.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Eminence » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:36 am

Nobody puts weight on SPOY. Couldn't even tell you who got it this year, last year or even three years ago. Only thing people talk about is who WON STATE, who was an All-Stater and who was Miss Basketball.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby wolves65 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Shauna Long doesn't belong on the list for Miss Basketball. She plays zero defense, let the other team shoot so we can get the ball back. I don't see much A ball but the Dietz girl from Beach is one solid player on both ends of the court and can play inside or outside.
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Eminence » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:06 am

Not true. I'm not saying that Long is a D-1 or D-2 player but for class B, the girl was a baller.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Girls