Will NDSU make the Dance?

No smack talk is allowed here.

Re: Will NDSU make the Dance?

Postby bballfan7 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:40 am

Thats great for the Bison but i dont see them competing with Gonzaga next year. It just goes to show you that it doesnt matter who you lose as long as you have a successful season you get to play good teams the next year.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:58 pm

Ming01 wrote:it's been reported that NDSU will play at Gonzaga next year and will also get a 2-for-1 series with a "very notable" opponent according to Saul Phillips

Does that mean they play 2 at their place and get one game in Fargo?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:50 pm

Ming01 wrote:it's been reported that NDSU will play at Gonzaga next year and will also get a 2-for-1 series with a "very notable" opponent according to Saul Phillips

Was this before or after Minnesota dropped NDSU for a home and home against Kansas?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:05 am

baseball wrote:

Was this before or after Minnesota dropped NDSU for a home and home against Kansas?

before, Phillips said they will play at another high major opponent instead Minnesota
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:06 am

Flip wrote:

Does that mean they play 2 at their place and get one game in Fargo?

yes, im excited to see who it is... hopefully somebody pretty good
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:24 pm

Ming01 wrote:
baseball wrote:

before, Phillips said they will play at another high major opponent instead Minnesota

I was wondering how the SU fanbase would take being bumped from the schedule for games with Kansas. I personally think they should keep NDSU on the schedule..that has the makings to be a great non-con rivalry in a few years.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:06 pm

baseball wrote:
Ming01 wrote:
baseball wrote:

I was wondering how the SU fanbase would take being bumped from the schedule for games with Kansas. I personally think they should keep NDSU on the schedule..that has the makings to be a great non-con rivalry in a few years.

They got a home game against Kansas in the next few years?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan7 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:24 pm

The Schwab wrote:
baseball wrote:
Ming01 wrote:
baseball wrote:

They got a home game against Kansas in the next few years?

No, i think he meant Minnesota.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:38 pm

Yes...Minnesota has the home and home with Kansas. They replaced NDSU with Kansas. I doubt Kansas would come to ND but saul could get it game with them i think...they always seem to play a team or 2 from the summit
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:23 am

baseball wrote:Yes...Minnesota has the home and home with Kansas. They replaced NDSU with Kansas. I doubt Kansas would come to ND but saul could get it game with them i think...they always seem to play a team or 2 from the summit

Ok thanks for clearing that up. I thought you ment Kansas would come play at NDSU and in that case i would leave now to go wait in line for tickets.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:26 am

baseball wrote:I doubt Kansas would come to ND...

Do you mean again? Because they already have.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:42 am

Flip wrote:
baseball wrote:I doubt Kansas would come to ND...

Do you mean again? Because they already have.

yea i mean again...i didnt really count the UND which i shouldve...but they were d-2 at the time and it was just a reason to play in front of Boschee's fans. Roy has always asked his players to name one team they would like to play and he would try to schedule them before they graduated, that was Boschee's game. they didnt do it as a contract with UND.

And schwab...if that was the case you would be 2nd in line behind me haha
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:10 pm

baseball wrote:
Ming01 wrote:
baseball wrote:

no big deal as long as the series resumes in 2010... I think Tubby will keep playing NDSU though in the future. Plus, I dont blame Tubby for switching this game with a national tv game in Kansas. KU will be one of the top teams next year and it will strengthen their schedule. Saul Phillips said the game will be replaced with a high-major and they do already have a pretty good schedule in place so I dont have anything to complain about.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:00 pm

Since when does Minnesota play quality teams in the non conference? They scheduled USC for a home and home in football too. What is the world coming too!
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Raider Fan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:30 pm

Well without Ben Woodside it will be pretty tough for them to make it to the big dance again.
“Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.”
--Michael Jordan
"Commitment to Excellence"
Al Davis
Raider Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:45 pm

Raider Fan wrote:Well without Ben Woodside it will be pretty tough for them to make it to the big dance again.

With what they bring back they will be improved. Will NDSU make the dance next season? Who knows. I think they will be better, they will be more athletic so you know never know. I think with the recruits they're bringing in and their current crop of young talent they have a great chance to dance within the next few years
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Raider Fan » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:44 pm

Ming01 wrote:
Raider Fan wrote:Well without Ben Woodside it will be pretty tough for them to make it to the big dance again.

With what they bring back they will be improved. Will NDSU make the dance next season? Who knows. I think they will be better, they will be more athletic so you know never know. I think with the recruits they're bringing in and their current crop of young talent they have a great chance to dance within the next few years

Ya thats true but Oakaland, Michigan made it to the big dance from Summit League.
“Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.”
--Michael Jordan
"Commitment to Excellence"
Al Davis
Raider Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan7 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:49 pm

Raider Fan wrote:
Ming01 wrote:

Ya thats true but Oakaland, Michigan made it to the big dance from Summit League.

Thats why this topic was started last year Raider fan. I dont think anyone expected NDSU to make it this year with what they lost last year.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges