NDPreps Reserve

Re: CHS _WHS

Postby the_truth_hurts » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:36 pm

I saw evanson let in 7 goals on 27 shots......so overrated
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:13 pm

the_truth_hurts wrote:I saw evanson let in 7 goals on 27 shots......so overrated

Finally someone else sees that...
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby powerranger » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:55 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
the_truth_hurts wrote:I saw evanson let in 7 goals on 27 shots......so overrated

very true. what are your thoughts on the game?
powerranger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:13 pm

powerranger wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

very true. what are your thoughts on the game?

By the looks of it by who scored, Willy's 2nd and 3rd lines got exploited badly by CHS's 1-3 lines. and if it wasnt for Nelson from willy it would have been 7-0. its never easy to win a game in willy and I think that may have been a statement?
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby willistonwho » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:41 pm

Big ice definately helped Century - speed killed! and the previous poster was right - after the first line, Williston is hurting a bit - strength and speed. I thought Century's goaltending and coaching made a difference too. Defenceman #4 also played a terrific game IMO.
willistonwho
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockeymomof2 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:42 pm

For what it's worth, Williston's 3rd line doesn't play quite as much as the other 2 lines, but they were not scored on in the CHS-WHS game last night.
hockeymomof2
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Leprekan317 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:20 am

Williston was not good defensively last night, they allowed Century to break out at will, over pursuing the puck in both zones. Century looked good. Very quick team, but I think they could be beat if they get hit hard early in the game to slow them down. Evanson looked shaky at best, I think he has flashes, but gets into his own head way too easily, let in at least 3 soft goals. Dickerson also looked shaky, expected much more out of him, but Nelson is consistenly the best skater on the ice, I haven't seen a kid in ND that stands out that far in a while. Should be an interesting pick between him and Laduceur for Mr. Hockey.
Leprekan317
NDPreps Reserve

Postby the_truth_hurts » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:20 pm

Leprekan317 wrote:Williston was not good defensively last night, they allowed Century to break out at will, over pursuing the puck in both zones. Century looked good. Very quick team, but I think they could be beat if they get hit hard early in the game to slow them down. Evanson looked shaky at best, I think he has flashes, but gets into his own head way too easily, let in at least 3 soft goals. Dickerson also looked shaky, expected much more out of him, but Nelson is consistenly the best skater on the ice, I haven't seen a kid in ND that stands out that far in a while. Should be an interesting pick between him and Laduceur for Mr. Hockey.

there have been numerous players as good or better than nelson in the state and wda over the last 5 years
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby willistonwho » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:04 pm

really - in the WDA?? Who?
willistonwho
NDPreps Reserve

Postby the_truth_hurts » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:17 pm

willistonwho wrote:really - in the WDA?? Who?

where to begin....um ill start with bryce schmitt, caleb haugen, Erick Paiment, Andrew Seeberg, Ross Monson, Jordan Willert, Tyler Jundt, Nick Romanick i could go on but ill stop................hes a good player but dont start saying hes the best the west has seen in a long time.....this years west region is weak and everybody knows it so he should be piling up points.
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby willistonwho » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:36 pm

Hey I'm not gonna argue with you but very few of those kids dominated and controlled a game like Nelson does when he is on the ice this year. I have seen most of Williston's games the past few years so have seen most of the players listed. I believe a couple of them left early from high school so I'll give you that I guess - maybe they would have been more dominant as seniors.

Doesn't really matter as I'm sure Nelson has options out there to continue playing hockey and thats what its all about in my mind. I wish him luck!
willistonwho
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockeyplaya » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:11 pm

the_truth_hurts wrote:

where to begin....um ill start with bryce schmitt, caleb haugen, Erick Paiment, Andrew Seeberg, Ross Monson, Jordan Willert, Tyler Jundt, Nick Romanick i could go on but ill stop................hes a good player but dont start saying hes the best the west has seen in a long time.....this years west region is weak and everybody knows it so he should be piling up points.

the_truth_hurts you have been hating on nelson for... I don't know how many years. I really do believe you are jealous, being from minot and all, it makes sense. I WILL argue with you on this. Nelson controls the game, and is a better player than most of the people mentioned. Don't believe me? I'll prove it. I have watched every single player that you have mentioned above. Caleb Haugen...get real Nelson had 3 less points than him when nelson was a soph. and haugen a sr. Nelson controlled the game better than Haugen did as a jr...Paiment was a good player but not the caliber player that nelson is by any means. Paiment-31 pts. as a sr. Nelson that same year as a jr.-48pts. I watched both times they played Jamestown that year. Wasn't even funny. Also Seeburg was a really good player. Hard worker, hard hitter, but again did NOT control the gameplay like nelson does when he is on the ice. Seeburgs sr. year he had 41 pts. a year later nelson again as a jr. 48 pts. this year nelson has 58 pts after regular season play. topping almost everyone you have mentioned. And did I seriously hear Nick Romanick? coming in at a whopping 17 points last year? I don't care if he was D, Jundt had way more points than that. I have watched Jundt many times. He is a very skilled player, I do not doubt that at all. However, I have watched his senior year along with high school career along with Nelsons I can honestly say that Nelson is a more consistent player than Jundt. I am not putting Jundt down by any means, but I have seen mental breakdowns and errors from Jundt that I just have not seen from Nelson. On to Willert...Willert was a very good player however the biggest mistake of his career was going on to the next level too soon like he did. He should have stayed one more year at minot won mr. hockey and would probably had more offers and more things going for him. Now for Schmitt. Nelson has played with Schmitt on various teams as well as playing against each other. Going by pts (which I know is NOT the best) but Nelson did have just 1 more pt than Schmitt did both his soph. and jr. season. I believe Schmitt and Nelson were always neck and neck with each other. Monson was probably your best pick out of these candidates. Monson was skilled and controlled alot of aspects of the game like Nelson does right now. It would be interesting to see them play each other given that Monson is what? 3-4 years older than Nelson? I did base some of my arguments on points but just to show that Nelson had almost everyone topped while still being a year or two younger (in some cases) than the people you mentioned. My advice the_truth_hurts is stop hating on Nelson and stop being a jealous while posting on this site. I have watched you play also and there is nothing to back up anything you say on here.
hockeyplaya
NDPreps Reserve

Postby the_truth_hurts » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:09 am

lmao....this is thee most ridiculous post i have ever seen........ill start from the beggining......I honestly dont think I have EVER posted about jordan nelson before in my life, i think hes a very good player and seems like a nice guy, i just didnt like your post proclaiming him the best player in the STATE in recent years. I love how points mean everything about a player to you, thats how i know you have no real knowledge of the game. Are west players with more points than east players necessarily better than the east players? No Way. Romanick.....hes the same age as Nelson right? wheres he playing? oh last time i checked he was playing for the fargo force in the USHL. Willert and Jundt are playing D1 correct? Your obviously from williston so you should be giving Jundt way more credit. As for Paiment did you see his team last year?? 31 points on that team is amazing.....i think second on his team was like 10.....that kid was maybe the hardest player i ever played against.
Last edited by the_truth_hurts on Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:19 am

hockeyplaya wrote:
the_truth_hurts wrote:

the_truth_hurts you have been hating on nelson for... I don't know how many years. I really do believe you are jealous, being from minot and all, it makes sense. I WILL argue with you on this. Nelson controls the game, and is a better player than most of the people mentioned. Don't believe me? I'll prove it. I have watched every single player that you have mentioned above. Caleb Haugen...get real Nelson had 3 less points than him when nelson was a soph. and haugen a sr. Nelson controlled the game better than Haugen did as a jr...Paiment was a good player but not the caliber player that nelson is by any means. Paiment-31 pts. as a sr. Nelson that same year as a jr.-48pts. I watched both times they played Jamestown that year. Wasn't even funny. Also Seeburg was a really good player. Hard worker, hard hitter, but again did NOT control the gameplay like nelson does when he is on the ice. Seeburgs sr. year he had 41 pts. a year later nelson again as a jr. 48 pts. this year nelson has 58 pts after regular season play. topping almost everyone you have mentioned. And did I seriously hear Nick Romanick? coming in at a whopping 17 points last year? I don't care if he was D, Jundt had way more points than that. I have watched Jundt many times. He is a very skilled player, I do not doubt that at all. However, I have watched his senior year along with high school career along with Nelsons I can honestly say that Nelson is a more consistent player than Jundt. I am not putting Jundt down by any means, but I have seen mental breakdowns and errors from Jundt that I just have not seen from Nelson. On to Willert...Willert was a very good player however the biggest mistake of his career was going on to the next level too soon like he did. He should have stayed one more year at minot won mr. hockey and would probably had more offers and more things going for him. Now for Schmitt. Nelson has played with Schmitt on various teams as well as playing against each other. Going by pts (which I know is NOT the best) but Nelson did have just 1 more pt than Schmitt did both his soph. and jr. season. I believe Schmitt and Nelson were always neck and neck with each other. Monson was probably your best pick out of these candidates. Monson was skilled and controlled alot of aspects of the game like Nelson does right now. It would be interesting to see them play each other given that Monson is what? 3-4 years older than Nelson? I did base some of my arguments on points but just to show that Nelson had almost everyone topped while still being a year or two younger (in some cases) than the people you mentioned. My advice the_truth_hurts is stop hating on Nelson and stop being a jealous while posting on this site. I have watched you play also and there is nothing to back up anything you say on here.

Wow get real, last 5 years? I guess Erik Herbel was bad, what about Rehak from willy? Charlie Bair and Danny Montplaisir. Although they were 6 years ago Alan Jecort, Brandon Mayer and Dave Mickalson from CHS. You say how points don't mean anything and yet every player is based on points. Look at surronding cast if you want to go by points Paimant had nothing to work with and was the main focus of every team they played, same goes with Herbel. Connel from BHS controlled the game better than Monson if you are going by game control. Sam Aide, Jared Kopp, and Alec Kautzman all from BHS and I believe all went on to help MSU-Bott. win 1 or 2 national titles. And than go onto talent level, can you honestly say that the west has been even average the last 2-3 years? How many of his 55 points came aginst the lower 4 in the WDA Willy has 48 goals compared to 25 aginst top 4 teams and than 13 aginst usually lower level canadian teams. Nelson is a good player but I would like to know how many points he got from each scenario if possiable?
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby gostars » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:09 am

to add to this argument the best player the state has seen the past few years is Eric Meland. he was from RRHS and had 81 pts his senior year, but it does help when he had Nick Schafer with like 65 pts and Russel Crary with 58 pts. And if we are talking about controlling the game Eric Meland tops it all and as a result of that he plays at princeton university. (correct me if i am wrong)
gostars
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockeyplaya » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:16 pm

the_truth_hurts wrote:lmao....this is thee most ridiculous post i have ever seen........ill start from the beggining......I honestly dont think I have EVER posted about jordan nelson before in my life, i think hes a very good player and seems like a nice guy, i just didnt like your post proclaiming him the best player in the STATE in recent years. I love how points mean everything about a player to you, thats how i know you have no real knowledge of the game. Are west players with more points than east players necessarily better than the east players? No Way. Romanick.....hes the same age as Nelson right? wheres he playing? oh last time i checked he was playing for the fargo force in the USHL. Willert and Jundt are playing D1 correct? Your obviously from williston so you should be giving Jundt way more credit. As for Paiment did you see his team last year?? 31 points on that team is amazing.....i think second on his team was like 10.....that kid was maybe the hardest player i ever played against. "hockeyplaya" I think you are confused. I am not from minot.....I dont know where you got that from.....I am from MANDAN and I normally post about MANDAN so you must not read my posts at all. My name is Patrick Bair I graduated from mandan high in 2008. Judge how I played however you want. I don't post on this site to talk about myself or to put down any individual players I just thought your opinion was way off. I played against all the players I mentioned in my previous list and think I have a pretty good grasp of the skill level of these players. If points mean everything to you why dont you look back to 2005 when mandan alums Charlie Bair and Danny Montplaisir put up 72 pts and 60+ pts respectively. I didn't mention them before because thats not why I'm on this site and thats not what I'm about. Now I have one more question for you.....who are you?

You have to be crazy to think that you have never posted about Nelson before. Last year I saw multiple posts you made about Nelson. Do not say that you have never posted about Nelson. Sorry I did mix up the cities however. Tell me how did you play agaisnt Monson when you graduated in 08? you said you played against everyone you mentioned above, maybe you watched him play. I do give Jundt credit he is a very good player, I am however saying that he had some defensive mistakes where he got beat when he played HIGH SCHOOL I'm not talking about him playing D1 at the moment. As for Willert I havent heard a thing about him I don't think he is doing that great last time I heard he was playing for tri-city. As for Nelson being the best player in the state...why did you post every single person from the wda? oh yeah we were talking about wda not state. I'll quote willistonwho "really - in the WDA?? Who?". I agree with Scaucesauer. Everyone looks at points...I don't care what you say. It is sad, I know, but scouts look at the people with the most points, then decide to look at the player, call the coach, etc. They do not go down the list at say #34 in scoring and think hmm this guy might be a very hard worker...At least this isn't how North Dakota hockey works. Even to make All-West Region pts are what matter. I will agree that Bair was a very good player and I think that he made Montplaisir better, I dont think Montplaisir was the calibur player Bair was but had points because of Bair. Just like that soph., I think he is, on Ladoucers line on RR. I also think Herbel was very good, but the defensive aspect of his game was no where to be found. Back to the points they do NOT mean everything to me, it is everyone else they matter too. Again it does not say in the papers or anywhere else George had 2 goals and 2 assists this game, but Alex here skated his hardest and did not get any goals or assists. Last thing, I do think Nelson is up there with the best players in the state from the past years. Disagree with me if you want, but if I recall correctly Nelson made it all the way to the USA hockey development camp in Rochester, NY. Huge accomplishment in my books. He was picked as the best forward out of 2 or 3 states if I remember it right.
hockeyplaya
NDPreps Reserve

Postby the_truth_hurts » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:40 pm

I played varsity hockey for 4 years so i wouldve been a soph when monson was a senior i believe? So yes, I PLAYED against all these people. And obviously points are important but I dont think its fair or accurate to judge a players skill by points alone. Players with the same skill will rack up more points in 2010 than 2005 in the WDA, the region is clearly not as deep. I will agree with "gostars" and say that meland, weisgarber, and marto are clearly the best players out of ND recently. The initial comment about nelson was by "Leprekan317" and he stated that "I haven't seen a kid in ND that stands out that far in a while." I only listed west players because it would have been hard to get a full list of east players that met the standard and I havent seen all those players play.
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby yellowsquash » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:49 pm

Wow get real, last 5 years? I guess Erik Herbel was bad, what about Rehak from willy? Charlie Bair and Danny Montplaisir. Although they were 6 years ago Alan Jecort, Brandon Mayer and Dave Mickalson from CHS. You say how points don't mean anything and yet every player is based on points. Look at surronding cast if you want to go by points Paimant had nothing to work with and was the main focus of every team they played, same goes with Herbel. Connel from BHS controlled the game better than Monson if you are going by game control. Sam Aide, Jared Kopp, and Alec Kautzman all from BHS and I believe all went on to help MSU-Bott. win 1 or 2 national titles. And than go onto talent level, can you honestly say that the west has been even average the last 2-3 years? How many of his 55 points came aginst the lower 4 in the WDA Willy has 48 goals compared to 25 aginst top 4 teams and than 13 aginst usually lower level canadian teams. Nelson is a good player but I would like to know how many points he got from each scenario if possiable?

Thank you very much saucesauer.

Its about time that someone mentions jechort, shulte, mickelson, DALLAS BOSSART ( played with sydney crosby i do believe at Shattuck ), ross monson, charlie bair, justin connel, sam aide.
yellowsquash
NDPreps Reserve

Postby yellowsquash » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:15 pm

oh yeah, what about patrick anderson?
yellowsquash
NDPreps Reserve

Postby goteam11 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:50 pm

hockeyplaya wrote:
the_truth_hurts wrote:lmao....this is thee most ridiculous post i have ever seen........ill start from the beggining......I honestly dont think I have EVER posted about jordan nelson before in my life, i think hes a very good player and seems like a nice guy, i just didnt like your post proclaiming him the best player in the STATE in recent years. I love how points mean everything about a player to you, thats how i know you have no real knowledge of the game. Are west players with more points than east players necessarily better than the east players? No Way. Romanick.....hes the same age as Nelson right? wheres he playing? oh last time i checked he was playing for the fargo force in the USHL. Willert and Jundt are playing D1 correct? Your obviously from williston so you should be giving Jundt way more credit. As for Paiment did you see his team last year?? 31 points on that team is amazing.....i think second on his team was like 10.....that kid was maybe the hardest player i ever played against. "hockeyplaya" I think you are confused. I am not from minot.....I dont know where you got that from.....I am from MANDAN and I normally post about MANDAN so you must not read my posts at all. My name is Patrick Bair I graduated from mandan high in 2008. Judge how I played however you want. I don't post on this site to talk about myself or to put down any individual players I just thought your opinion was way off. I played against all the players I mentioned in my previous list and think I have a pretty good grasp of the skill level of these players. If points mean everything to you why dont you look back to 2005 when mandan alums Charlie Bair and Danny Montplaisir put up 72 pts and 60+ pts respectively. I didn't mention them before because thats not why I'm on this site and thats not what I'm about. Now I have one more question for you.....who are you?

You have to be crazy to think that you have never posted about Nelson before. Last year I saw multiple posts you made about Nelson. Do not say that you have never posted about Nelson. Sorry I did mix up the cities however. Tell me how did you play agaisnt Monson when you graduated in 08? you said you played against everyone you mentioned above, maybe you watched him play. I do give Jundt credit he is a very good player, I am however saying that he had some defensive mistakes where he got beat when he played HIGH SCHOOL I'm not talking about him playing D1 at the moment. As for Willert I havent heard a thing about him I don't think he is doing that great last time I heard he was playing for tri-city. As for Nelson being the best player in the state...why did you post every single person from the wda? oh yeah we were talking about wda not state. I'll quote willistonwho "really - in the WDA?? Who?". I agree with Scaucesauer. Everyone looks at points...I don't care what you say. It is sad, I know, but scouts look at the people with the most points, then decide to look at the player, call the coach, etc. They do not go down the list at say #34 in scoring and think hmm this guy might be a very hard worker...At least this isn't how North Dakota hockey works. Even to make All-West Region pts are what matter. I will agree that Bair was a very good player and I think that he made Montplaisir better, I dont think Montplaisir was the calibur player Bair was but had points because of Bair. Just like that soph., I think he is, on Ladoucers line on RR. I also think Herbel was very good, but the defensive aspect of his game was no where to be found. Back to the points they do NOT mean everything to me, it is everyone else they matter too. Again it does not say in the papers or anywhere else George had 2 goals and 2 assists this game, but Alex here skated his hardest and did not get any goals or assists. Last thing, I do think Nelson is up there with the best players in the state from the past years. Disagree with me if you want, but if I recall correctly Nelson made it all the way to the USA hockey development camp in Rochester, NY. Huge accomplishment in my books. He was picked as the best forward out of 2 or 3 states if I remember it right.

if your gonna talk about the national festival in NY, Calvin Krueger also made it there and look at him.. around 30 points the last couple years. thats not a good thing to judge because ND is not skilled im hockey compared to other states.
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:01 pm

yellowsquash wrote:Wow get real, last 5 years? I guess Erik Herbel was bad, what about Rehak from willy? Charlie Bair and Danny Montplaisir. Although they were 6 years ago Alan Jecort, Brandon Mayer and Dave Mickalson from CHS. You say how points don't mean anything and yet every player is based on points. Look at surronding cast if you want to go by points Paimant had nothing to work with and was the main focus of every team they played, same goes with Herbel. Connel from BHS controlled the game better than Monson if you are going by game control. Sam Aide, Jared Kopp, and Alec Kautzman all from BHS and I believe all went on to help MSU-Bott. win 1 or 2 national titles. And than go onto talent level, can you honestly say that the west has been even average the last 2-3 years? How many of his 55 points came aginst the lower 4 in the WDA Willy has 48 goals compared to 25 aginst top 4 teams and than 13 aginst usually lower level canadian teams. Nelson is a good player but I would like to know how many points he got from each scenario if possiable?

Its about time that someone mentions jechort, shulte, mickelson, DALLAS BOSSART ( played with sydney crosby i do believe at Shattuck ), ross monson, charlie bair, justin connel, sam aide.

I forgot about Bossart, Wow I am almost willing to say he IS THE BEST player to come out of this state, but the entire Lamerioux family and Marto may have somthing to say about it.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby goteam11 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:23 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
yellowsquash wrote:Wow get real, last 5 years? I guess Erik Herbel was bad, what about Rehak from willy? Charlie Bair and Danny Montplaisir. Although they were 6 years ago Alan Jecort, Brandon Mayer and Dave Mickalson from CHS. You say how points don't mean anything and yet every player is based on points. Look at surronding cast if you want to go by points Paimant had nothing to work with and was the main focus of every team they played, same goes with Herbel. Connel from BHS controlled the game better than Monson if you are going by game control. Sam Aide, Jared Kopp, and Alec Kautzman all from BHS and I believe all went on to help MSU-Bott. win 1 or 2 national titles. And than go onto talent level, can you honestly say that the west has been even average the last 2-3 years? How many of his 55 points came aginst the lower 4 in the WDA Willy has 48 goals compared to 25 aginst top 4 teams and than 13 aginst usually lower level canadian teams. Nelson is a good player but I would like to know how many points he got from each scenario if possiable?

I forgot about Bossart, Wow I am almost willing to say he IS THE BEST player to come out of this state, but the entire Lamerioux family and Marto may have somthing to say about it.

throw Mike Peluso in there to maybe?
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby yellowsquash » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:43 pm

goteam11 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

throw Mike Peluso in there to maybe?

yes, peluso is most deffinately at the top of the list.
did anyone else make it to the big show from ND?
yellowsquash
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to WDA