Thoughts on GFC and GPR outcome

Teams of the East

Re: Thoughts on GFC and GPR outcome

Postby ctrain1369 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:04 am

Westisthebest wrote:Well ill tell you what a i have seen most of the kids in this state play and Danny Ray jermey Okeefe and Paul LaDue are all better hockey players..hooey is good but not that good and also mathiason from grafton is a close one too...

By the way Ray had only 18 points. He was the closest to Hooey of the guys u just named and he doesnt even have half. Paul LaDue had 11 points, and Okeefe had 10. i have no idea how you could even put these three in the same conversation with Hooey. With those 3 players combined they have only 2 more points then hooey did alone. O ya and Mathiason had 9 points so... good try
ctrain1369
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Clifford » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:56 am

okay man first of all you must not have a clue what your talkking about considering danny ray could have gone and played for st. louis this year he was drafted ther for your information so to say that hooey is the only one that has a chance of playing somewhere next year makes you sound like quite the ruh-tard
Clifford
NDPreps Starter

Postby saltyapple29 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:07 pm

Since when is being a good defenseman all about how many points you can get? Last time i checked the defense and the goalie kept the goals off the scoreboard and the forwards were supposed to put them up. Granted there are different styles of defensemen out there and some like to be a little more in the offensive play. But still, you cant really compare how good defensemen are based on points alone.
saltyapple29
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ctrain1369 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:08 am

Clifford wrote:okay man first of all you must not have a clue what your talkking about considering danny ray could have gone and played for st. louis this year he was drafted ther for your information so to say that hooey is the only one that has a chance of playing somewhere next year makes you sound like quite the ruh-tard

Ok excuse me Clifford... i mean hooey is the only one that has a chance to go play for a USHL team and eventually play D1 hockey, Being that St. Louis is an NA team i dont really see him having much of a future in hockey after one, or two years there if he is lucky.

As for saltyapple how else do you want to compare these defensemen? You rank people on their production, ya form and their positioning make a difference, but that doesnt mean you just ignore their points. If you wanna go by teams that let up the least amount of goals last year south gave up 48 goals in 27 games, while Red River gave up 75 in 27 games. Hooey was a starter all season last year and played more than any of the other D.
ctrain1369
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Clifford » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:04 am

NA produces alot of D1 players and alot of people go from the NA onto the USHL... your clueless ctrain
Clifford
NDPreps Starter

Postby ctrain1369 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:54 am

NA doesnt produce a lot of D1 players, are you kidding, maybe a couple. By the way i found out last night Danny Ray was drafted by St. Louis in the 6th round, hooey was drafted by Wenatchee in the 1st round, so im pretty sure this arguement is over... Hooey is better
ctrain1369
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EastistheBest » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:39 pm

"The NAHL prides itself on not only being
a top developer of college players, but top professional prospects as well."
The NAHL produces just as much as the USHL
EastistheBest
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ordeen » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:17 pm

clifford/moody stop. josh gilbertson is the best player in the state hands down.
ordeen
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Clifford » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:04 pm

Okay you caught me. In all seriousness though, I hope you weren't being sarcastic when saying that Josh Gilbertson is a top player. He could be considered one of the top up and coming talents.
Clifford
NDPreps Starter

Postby EastistheBest » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:12 pm

I peronally know Clifford and it's definatly not Justin Moody. And if Gilbertson is a top contender than there is no way that Alan Zahui can be excluded from the debate.
EastistheBest
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ordeen » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:18 pm

we all know zahoui has the most potential to be mr. hockey this year and that he'll for sure prove it in state which gf rr is gonna take home after gilbertson leads them through edc and out plays everyone in state
ordeen
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockey guy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:16 pm

ctrain1369 wrote:NA doesnt produce a lot of D1 players, are you kidding, maybe a couple. By the way i found out last night Danny Ray was drafted by St. Louis in the 6th round, hooey was drafted by Wenatchee in the 1st round, so im pretty sure this arguement is over... Hooey is better

The NAHL currently has 50 d1 commitements playing in the league with more likely to come before the year is over. Obviously ctrain has no idea what he is talking about
hockey guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ctrain1369 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:38 am

Im pretty sure that most of those guys went to USHL before going strait to D1
ctrain1369
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockey guy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:25 am

there 50 commits PLAYING in the league right NOW. so no they did not go to the ushl first.
hockey guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby superstar 701 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:11 pm

didnt they loose to central 3 times last year?
superstar 701
NDPreps Reserve

Postby superstar 701 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:14 pm

"Hooey was a starter all season last year and played more than any of the other D." because south had no D core..
superstar 701
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Clifford » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:19 pm

Yeah hooeys ice time was deffinately substantial South is known for over playing there defenseman
Clifford
NDPreps Starter

Postby washedupcentralkid » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:23 pm

wow your obviously quite biased about fargo south...josh hooey would probably not crack the top four D men for central(danny ray,paul ladue,jeremy okefe,david nelson) maybe hes better then david nelson but i doubt it, i would even say Derek Sand from West Fargo is better...sure hooey had some points last year but you watch paul ladue and danny rays stats this year they will be right up there with hooey's stats from last year
washedupcentralkid
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:32 pm

hockey guy wrote:there 50 commits PLAYING in the league right NOW. so no they did not go to the ushl first.

It's much better if you actually cite the sources you're getting this from. I don't feel like looking it up. However, it's recognized by most that the USHL is more prestigious than the NAHL.

superstar 701 wrote:didnt they loose to central 3 times last year?

South and Central went 2-2 last year.
Game #1 (Regular Season @ Central): South - 4, Central - 1; Shots - South: 25 Central: 36
Game #2 (Regular Season @ South): South - 2, Central - 4; Shots - South: 25 Central: 20
Game #3 (EDC Championship @ Purpur): South - 4, Central - 1; Shots - South: 32 Central: 28
Game #4 (STATE 3rd Place Game @ Purpur): South - 2, Central - 2; Shots - South: 30 Central: 28

Shots are generally unreliable, but I posted them anyways. The scorekeepers do really bad jobs of tracking them most games. Central pretty much won when it didn't count. South had already clinched EDC in their first win. These teams played pretty close all year though, along with Bismarck clearly the top three in the state during the regular season. As for the 3rd place game, every year it's a joke. I've said it before and I'll say it again, something needs to be done so that it's not a wash of a game. The players simply don't care and they feel like they've been throttled from the tournament after being denied a shot at the big show and sent to the Purpur. It's an insult to injury, no TV round, nothing. An example of this, South played all their seniors, their backup goaltender in net (like they did with Bismarck, smart coach), and Central did the same with their seniors (though they had no senior backup tendie).

superstar 701 wrote:"Hooey was a starter all season last year and played more than any of the other D." because south had no D core..

washedupcentralkid wrote:wow your obviously quite biased about fargo south...josh hooey would probably not crack the top four D men for central(danny ray,paul ladue,jeremy okefe,david nelson) maybe hes better then david nelson but i doubt it, i would even say Derek Sand from West Fargo is better...sure hooey had some points last year but you watch paul ladue and danny rays stats this year they will be right up there with hooey's stats from last year

Fargo South had the best defensive core last year. Hooey, Narveson, Burdick, Wagner and Luecke all would have started for Central last year and would have started this year as well at Central. I do think that Central runs their systems better though, but that's coaching. They do a better job at neutral zone coverage and puck control than South. That's not really defense though, that's more preventative defense.

Clifford wrote:Yeah hooeys ice time was deffinately substantial South is known for over playing there defenseman

Yes, they do. Wurden for example. Then again, if you think about it, almost all teams do this when they have a 'stud' player in their lineup.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby RednBlack 010 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:27 pm

why did Danny Ray get outstanding senior athlete in the EDC then? Ladue and Ray lead the EDC for defensemen in points
RednBlack 010
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockeyboss » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:31 pm

all the biased central fans need to stay off the site. hooey is and was by far the best defenseman in the state. hands down. he was a hug role in souths late success prior to state. okeefe? ray? they allplay together. and still struggle. hooey is far better
hockeyboss
NDPreps Reserve

Postby RednBlack 010 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:18 pm

In what way did Ray Okeefe and Ladue struggle?
RednBlack 010
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockeyrocks » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:44 pm

Hooey doesnt have a ring on his finger, Ray, Okeefe, and Ladue does. Is that a real struggle?
hockeyrocks
NDPreps Rookie

Postby hockeyboss » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:32 am

getting a ring is a team thing -edit-. hooey is better. far better. best defenseman in the state by far, ask anyone who knows anything. end of story
hockeyboss
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:14 pm

hockeyrocks wrote:Hooey doesnt have a ring on his finger, Ray, Okeefe, and Ladue does. Is that a real struggle?

They're saying individually Hooey is the best defenseman, which I would personally agree with. However, it depends on how you look at defense. If you're looking at defense as a person that only plays defense, he definitely wouldn't be the best, but of all the defensemen in past years, he's the best since probably Wurden. Galb/Deuce were probably better defense, but they weren't very offensive.

Edit: Please keep the arguments civil, I don't want to have to edit/delete posts and possibly threads in this forum like I had to last week. Thanks.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to EDC