Wendel

Teams of the West Region

Wendel

Postby Twiggy_UND23 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:09 pm

Apparently some Wheat King scouts came up to the Bottineau vs Boissevain game to scout this kid. He is ineligible so they didn't get to watch him, but apparently he's a big deal right now. His name is Aaron Wendel #9 for the bottineau braves. JV captain.
Twiggy_UND23
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Wendel

Postby goteam11 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:14 pm

Twiggy_UND23 wrote:Apparently some Wheat King scouts came up to the Bottineau vs Boissevain game to scout this kid. He is ineligible so they didn't get to watch him, but apparently he's a big deal right now. His name is Aaron Wendel #9 for the bottineau braves. JV captain.

rrriiiiiiiiiggggghhhhhtttt......
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sportsrube » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:45 pm

Why is he ineliible and don't scouts usually contact the coach to make sure the kid is playing that night and not hurt or sick before they make a trip to see someone play?
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby goteam11 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:15 pm

Sportsrube wrote:Why is he ineliible and don't scouts usually contact the coach to make sure the kid is playing that night and not hurt or sick before they make a trip to see someone play?

Scouts dont go to bottineau to see someone play JV. if he was any good he'd at least be playing varsity at bottineau
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby powerranger » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:23 pm

hes obviously not good if he plays JV
powerranger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sportsrube » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:25 pm

Scouts dont go to bottineau to see someone play JV. if he was any good he'd at least be playing varsity at bottineau[/quote]

That was my point :!:
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby the_truth_hurts » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:50 pm

i was watching a mandan/bismarck jv game the other day and apparently there was a washington capitals scout in the stands looking for some goaltending...........
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby Top Shelf » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:13 pm

i find it strange for aaron wendel's teammates to make mock him on here, when
the whole team is in a downward spiral. i talked with a friend who watched bottineau
play over the weekend and he said bottineau looked terrible and it keeps getting
worse.

i ask the question to aaron's teammates, why when you guys are stinking up the barn
with your play. i had them picked in the top 3 in the west but it looks like they will be
a number 6th place team. they have some talent but lack the effort.
Top Shelf
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:54 am

Top Shelf wrote:i find it strange for aaron wendel's teammates to make mock him on here, when
the whole team is in a downward spiral. i talked with a friend who watched bottineau
play over the weekend and he said bottineau looked terrible and it keeps getting
worse.

i ask the question to aaron's teammates, why when you guys are stinking up the barn
with your play. i had them picked in the top 3 in the west but it looks like they will be

When hasn't Bottineau stunk up the barn? and when was the last time they finished in a top 5 position? I realize anything can happen come tourny time but what happened to all the Bottineau players/fans on this site I can't decide weather to laugh about them from early on in the season or be sad that they arn't providing the glorious insight that they previously had...
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ih8gophers » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:30 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
Top Shelf wrote:i find it strange for aaron wendel's teammates to make mock him on here, when
worse.

When hasn't Bottineau stunk up the barn? and when was the last time they finished in a top 5 position? I realize anything can happen come tourny time but what happened to all the Bottineau players/fans on this site I can't decide weather to laugh about them from early on in the season or be sad that they arn't providing the glorious insight that they previously had...

I am one of those Bottineau fans. I really thought that the way they played at the beginning of the season they would be a top 4 team. They are not playing the same hockey now. They look absolutely terrible. Maybe coach Hoff should give Aaron Wendel a chance. Some of these players need to get their heads out of their butts and start realizing this a team and not a individual sport. The forwards leave the d-men hung out to dry all the time, the goaltenders need to get into the game right away and stop the first shot of the game, and forward need to start shooting the puck instead of looking for the pretty goal all the time.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:47 pm

ih8gophers wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
worse.

I am one of those Bottineau fans. I really thought that the way they played at the beginning of the season they would be a top 4 team. They are not playing the same hockey now. They look absolutely terrible. Maybe coach Hoff should give Aaron Wendel a chance. Some of these players need to get their heads out of their butts and start realizing this a team and not a individual sport. The forwards leave the d-men hung out to dry all the time, the goaltenders need to get into the game right away and stop the first shot of the game, and forward need to start shooting the puck instead of looking for the pretty goal all the time.

From what I remember about them their goalies have never been average, always below. If their players arnt cutting it bring up JV players, I know CHS does it they have 22 or 23 different players with at least 1 point. BHS also does it their lines are hardly ever the same and there are a lot of kids that play both.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ih8gophers » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:42 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
ih8gophers wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
worse.

From what I remember about them their goalies have never been average, always below. If their players arnt cutting it bring up JV players, I know CHS does it they have 22 or 23 different players with at least 1 point. BHS also does it their lines are hardly ever the same and there are a lot of kids that play both.

Yeah Bottineau has some kids that play both jv and varsity including both goaltenders. The talet drops alot afterthat though. they don't have the luxury of having alot of good kids to choose from.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

Return to WDA