Teams of the East

Thoughts on GFC and GPR outcome

Postby Hockey10 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:20 pm

Thoughts on GFC and GPR outcome
Hockey10
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Thoughts on GFC and GPR outcome

Postby Unity77 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:05 pm

Central is obviously the dominant team (everyone knows this), but if they can't find the net, they're going to lose. It's as simple as that.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockey guy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:15 pm

maybe central isnt as good as everyone thinks
hockey guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby purple_drank » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:44 pm

central is as good as everyone thinks, Grafton's goalie had an amazing game. I'm not sure but I think he had like 50 saves in the game vs central. Grafton has to prove to beat everyone in the conference before i concider them a "favorite" in the EDC.
purple_drank
NDPreps Starter

Postby Unity77 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:29 pm

Even if Grafton manages to beat the rest of their opponents, Central will remain the obvious favorite. If anything, GPR has / will position themselves to be a top contender.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GoSioux13 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:01 pm

It just shows what goaltending can do. A good goalie will win a team 2-3 games a year that the team technically shouldn't have won. Look at Meland last year in EDC and state for RR.
GoSioux13
NDPreps Reserve

Postby old#63 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:16 pm

It looked to me like Central was trying too hard to bury Grafton/PR, instead of preserving their lead. If Central had held back on defense a little more and hadn't given up the breakaways in the third period they probably would have won 1-0. Grafton was having a hard time putting much offense together. And Offutt was "in the zone". When he went to bed that night, he probably had nightmares of pucks that were still flying at him. Even with GPR's last two wins over RR and Central, I'd rate the east as Central, South, RR, GPR. But like this game proves, anybody with a hot goalie is tough to beat.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:07 am

GoSioux13 wrote:It just shows what goaltending can do. A good goalie will win a team 2-3 games a year that the team technically shouldn't have won. Look at Meland last year in EDC and state for RR.

This. Over the last few years ND has seen a lot less offensively minded teams that are truly great at burying the puck. Now that the goal scoring tendencies are a little behind, goaltending really stands out and can win teams a lot of games. RR did it last year throughout the state tournament, and GPR is doing it now in the regular season. Unfortunately for GPR, it may have happened at the wrong time (If they'd won those two games at State, they'd have a championship trophy). However, their goaltender is truly standing on his head as of late.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Clifford » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:40 pm

Grafton is easily the best team in the state and deserve the number one spot. Kylen looked like the best player on the ice. I also heard a rumor that the shots on net were highly exaggerated and the game was pretty close. also any word on casey fugelberg getting in trouble with the team this weekend? i heard him and jake got in a fight in the locker room and blood was drawn.
Clifford
NDPreps Starter

Postby fmhockey22 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:44 pm

whoever clifford is, he is obviously tryin to indirectly talk crap about grafton and seems like he doesnt know much..who the heck is kylen? and wouldnt suprise me if fugelberg and ladoucer got into a fight
fmhockey22
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Clifford » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:57 am

um okay? and i also heard a rumor that carson hoberg has been practicing with Red River lately any chance of him getting some playing time i heard hes tearing it up. He used to be good in supras... Central Vs. West fargo tonight i think the packers are going to steal one tonight.
Clifford
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockeyboss » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:45 pm

grafton has nothing!!!!! and those two fighting? well they're both hot heads and point thirsty, i wouldnt be surprised one bit. none the lesss, grafton has nothing, central outmatches other teams even if they perform poorly, which is frowned upon but the honest truth. anyone can be anyone, but it doesnt make them better. its all a matter of who shows up to play, simple as that.
hockeyboss
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Unity77 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:37 pm

I'd say that this year 17 of the 18 ND teams have nothing.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Unity77 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:37 pm

Clifford wrote:um okay? and i also heard a rumor that carson hoberg has been practicing with Red River lately any chance of him getting some playing time i heard hes tearing it up. He used to be good in supras... Central Vs. West fargo tonight i think the packers are going to steal one tonight.

Central won 8 - 1.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockeyboss » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:55 am

you have a serious arrogance problem. im sorry but just because central has depth doesnt mean their the only team with anything. orsons better then anyone on their team. many others are too. so maybe consider quitting your arrogance.
hockeyboss
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EastistheBest » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:24 pm

Clifford wrote:um okay? and i also heard a rumor that carson hoberg has been practicing with Red River lately any chance of him getting some playing time i heard hes tearing it up. He used to be good in supras... Central Vs. West fargo tonight i think the packers are going to steal one tonight.

I also heard that Hoberg was practicing with RR. He'll be an impact player come tournament time. The knights got lucky tonight i heard the Packers didn't come to play. If they did it'd be a completely different outcome.
EastistheBest
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Unity77 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:25 am

hockeyboss wrote:you have a serious arrogance problem. im sorry but just because central has depth doesnt mean their the only team with anything. orsons better then anyone on their team. many others are too. so maybe consider quitting your arrogance.

So one player makes a team? I've always thought if a team only had one standout player, they were considered a team with not much potential or a team that has, in your words, "nothing." If South had so many standouts, they would be able to get by teams like Central and Red River. Heck, even Grafton, a team with "nothing," handed it to Red River and was able to pull off an upset over Central. The fact is that South isn't much better than Grafton, but Central is better than both.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ctrain1369 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:25 am

Unity77 wrote:
hockeyboss wrote:you have a serious arrogance problem. im sorry but just because central has depth doesnt mean their the only team with anything. orsons better then anyone on their team. many others are too. so maybe consider quitting your arrogance.

So one player makes a team? I've always thought if a team only had one standout player, they were considered a team with not much potential or a team that has, in your words, "nothing." If South had so many standouts, they would be able to get by teams like Central and Red River. Heck, even Grafton, a team with "nothing," handed it to Red River and was able to pull off an upset over Central. The fact is that South isn't much better than Grafton, but Central is better than both.

Idk how you can say south has nothing.. ya they had a lot more depth last year, but they still return there top players like Peter Orson, Tyler Sorenson, Cooper Stellrecht, Josh Hooey, and Scotty Buchholz. 3 of which were all EDC, and all EDC tournament. Hooey has been hurt all season, but is back now and even with not playing he will be a big impact during the playoffs. Scotty doesnt have much help from the defense because of all the under classmen(although he still has the best save % this year), but with hooey back that will not only add the best defenseman in the state, but also someone with knowledge of Varsity hockey that can show the sophmores that this isnt bantams anymore. South will be a team to watch in the playoffs, Orson, Stellrecht, Sorenson, Hooey, and Buchholz will not let these sophmores ruin it for them. Esspecially after the huge dissapointment last year was.
ctrain1369
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Clifford » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:57 am

Did you just say that hooey is the best defenseman in the state? hahaha that just made me laugh hes good but come on open ur eyes man
Clifford
NDPreps Starter

Postby PeopleRTalkin » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:31 pm

Clifford wrote:Did you just say that hooey is the best defenseman in the state? hahaha that just made me laugh hes good but come on open ur eyes man

who else is better? and dont even mentionn a grafton player. none of them come even close.
PeopleRTalkin
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Westisthebest » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:03 pm

Well ill tell you what a i have seen most of the kids in this state play and Danny Ray jermey Okeefe and Paul LaDue are all better hockey players..hooey is good but not that good and also mathiason from grafton is a close one too...
Westisthebest
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:37 pm

Westisthebest wrote:Well ill tell you what a i have seen most of the kids in this state play and Danny Ray jermey Okeefe and Paul LaDue are all better hockey players..hooey is good but not that good and also mathiason from grafton is a close one too...

You are comparing players against someone who hasn't even played this year because he was out for an injury. That's kinda worthless. Hooey is better than all of those players, hate to break it to you. At least offensively, there is no defenseman in the state that is currently better than Hooey. You can add up any of those two players' points this year and they still don't have as many as Hooey did last year alone.
If you were to say a better defenseman I might give you some credit (thought he was the worst defensive defenseman of the top 4 last year for South D, but he was still better than most of the state). Hooey is (even at his last years effectiveness) the best player of the four you mentioned, without a doubt. Sorry.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Clifford » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:12 pm

scotty sweirs matt verke and taylor steen are all better then hooey enough said
Clifford
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:44 am

Clifford wrote:scotty sweirs matt verke and taylor steen are all better then hooey enough said

:lol:
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby ctrain1369 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:56 am

Clifford wrote:scotty sweirs matt verke and taylor steen are all better then hooey enough said

Really? I love how ppl like you come on this site and try to talk themselves and their friends up. Hooey was the only defenseman last year in the top 30 for points last year. He was 19th with 16 goals and 21 assists for 37 points. He was third in points on South who dominated the whole regular season. How can u say that he isnt the best defenseman. No defenseman in high school other than Hooey have a chance to play at a higher level next year
ctrain1369
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to EDC