Top Teams

Teams of the West Region

Top Teams

Postby powerranger » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:59 am

Who would you say the top teams are in the west?
powerranger
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Top Teams

Postby the_truth_hurts » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:04 am

1. Williston
2. Century
3. Bismarck
4. Mandan
5. Minot

very close.....minot has beaten williston and mandan tied them so when regionals comes around itll come down to who can show up
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby Shanny69 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:54 pm

yeah i agree i think its going to be all about goal tending at WDA. i would go with.
1.Williston
2.Century
3.Mandan
4.Bismarck high
Shanny69
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MJ4UND » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:52 pm

It looks to me that 6 teams will have a shot at getting through the West regional and make the State Tourney. I believe these teams are:
1. Williston
2. Century
3. Bismarck
4. Mandan
5. Minot
6. Bottineau

So lets see who gets hot come Regionals. I feel an upset or 2 may happen. Should be fun to watch come February.
MJ4UND
NDPreps Reserve

Postby powerranger » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:55 pm

1. Century/Williston
2. Williston/Century
3. Mandan
4. Bismarck
5. Bottineau
6. Minot
7. Jamestown
8. Dickinson
9. Hazen
powerranger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Top Shelf » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:38 am

powerranger wrote:1. Century/Williston
2. Williston/Century
3. Mandan
4. Bismarck
5. Bottineau
6. Minot
7. Jamestown
8. Dickinson
9. Hazen

bismarck high and bottineau play a 4-pt game this weekend in bottineau. i think both teams are comparable but i give the edge to bottineau this weekend since the game is in bottineau. it should be some fast ice up there, hopefully bismarck doesn't get too cold in the barn. however wins will make the standings and predictions interesting to say the least.
Top Shelf
NDPreps Reserve

Postby the_truth_hurts » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:53 am

Bismarck 4-2. poor goaltending hurts the braves in this one.
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:17 pm

Top Shelf wrote:
2. Williston/Century
3. Mandan
4. Bismarck
5. Bottineau
6. Minot
7. Jamestown
8. Dickinson
9. Hazen

bismarck high and bottineau play a 4-pt game this weekend in bottineau. i think both teams are comparable but i give the edge to bottineau this weekend since the game is in bottineau. it should be some fast ice up there, hopefully bismarck doesn't get too cold in the barn. however wins will make the standings and predictions interesting to say the least.

I can't see Bottineau getting a win this weekend, BHS is comming of a 2-1 win over minot in which they outshot them 55-12. If you put 55 shots on Bottineaus goalie it will be about 12-3. I will go BHS 7-3 and CHS 5-2.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby powerranger » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:28 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
Top Shelf wrote:
2. Williston/Century
3. Mandan
4. Bismarck
5. Bottineau
6. Minot
7. Jamestown
8. Dickinson
9. Hazen

I can't see Bottineau getting a win this weekend, BHS is comming of a 2-1 win over minot in which they outshot them 55-12. If you put 55 shots on Bottineaus goalie it will be about 12-3. I will go BHS 7-3 and CHS 5-2.

Century absolutely destroyed Bottineau last night. Bismarck will win.
powerranger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby beastyboy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:28 pm

you know none of the teams in the west have a chance to win state right? The east is far more competitive than the east. Bismark lost to GFC 7-1.
beastyboy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby goteam11 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:02 pm

beastyboy wrote:you know none of the teams in the west have a chance to win state right? The east is far more competitive than the east. Bismark lost to GFC 7-1.

we obviously arent talking about the east as this thread is in the WDA topics. plus.. how do you know that no one can compete? by the looks of it the state is wide open with no clear cut favorite. no one said bismarck could win last year and they made it to the state final. The way i see it is the team that can play 3 really solid games at state will have a chance to win. look at last year, bismarck was better than red river and outplayed/outshot them, but still lost. its wide open IMO
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:41 pm

beastyboy wrote:you know none of the teams in the west have a chance to win state right? The east is far more competitive than the east. Bismark lost to GFC 7-1.

GFC is the best the East has hands down...CHS plays South on the 6th I believe I think that will be a forshadowing on how the 1-3 teams in the west will do aginst the 2-4 teams in the east.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ih8gophers » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:22 pm

Saucesauer wrote:

GFC is the best the East has hands down...CHS plays South on the 6th I believe I think that will be a forshadowing on how the 1-3 teams in the west will do aginst the 2-4 teams in the east.

I think that the top seed from the west could win a first round game. With that being said if it is Century it is not going to happen, they will choke just like last time they won the west.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:57 pm

ih8gophers wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

I think that the top seed from the west could win a first round game. With that being said if it is Century it is not going to happen, they will choke just like last time they won the west.

Soon to forget when they upset Fargo North in ot when CHS was the 4 seed? the sad thing is you could say that about a lot of Minot teams and BHS teams...
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ih8gophers » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:48 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
ih8gophers wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

Soon to forget when they upset Fargo North in ot when CHS was the 4 seed? the sad thing is you could say that about a lot of Minot teams and BHS teams...

Ya you could say that about both those teams. But BHS has been getting first round wins alot more than any other teams.I think if BHS can win the region tourney they will win another first round game this year.Theyhave the experience that counts cometourney time.

When did #4Century knock off #1 north?
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:26 am

ih8gophers wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
ih8gophers wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

Ya you could say that about both those teams. But BHS has been getting first round wins alot more than any other teams.I think if BHS can win the region tourney they will win another first round game this year.Theyhave the experience that counts cometourney time.

When did #4Century knock off #1 north?

BHS has like 3 or 4 that I remember not a high percentage if you want to talk about crapping the bed just say 95% of all Minot teams that have been there...It was either 01-02 or 02-03...If I remember correctly Dallas Bossert scored on a slap shot from the point in ot to win 1-0.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Cant_Touch_This » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:24 am

Willistons top in the west no doubt in my mind..............
Cant_Touch_This
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Clifford » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:30 am

west has no chance maybe willy can pull one off in the first round but remember when minot went undefeated and lost to a #4 seed central at state dont get ur hopes up
Clifford
NDPreps Starter

Postby the_truth_hurts » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:10 pm

Cant_Touch_This wrote:Willistons top in the west no doubt in my mind..............

personally i dont think you can really choose between williston and century right now and the way bismarck high has been playing they cant be ruled out either
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:20 am

The WDA's 3 seed as of right now just took the EDC's 3 seed to the wood shed BHS 6 FS 2
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ih8gophers » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:43 pm

I wouldn't want to play BHS come tourney time. They are playing good hockey right now. I don't hear any one bashing Peluso for running 4 lines and 6 d any more. Probably got them ready for the right time of year.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

Postby ole09 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:03 pm

he doesn't run 4 lines. the 4th line and 3rd line switch periodically
ole09
NDPreps Rookie

Postby goteam11 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:51 pm

ole09 wrote:he doesn't run 4 lines. the 4th line and 3rd line switch periodically

he does roll four lines for most of the game, however they usually play 4 D regularly and occasionally play the other two
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby ih8gophers » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:23 pm

At the start of the season he ran 4 lines and 6 d. He was being criticized for it. Now it seems to be paying off.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

Return to WDA