Dexter Werner vs. Devin Coyle

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Dexter Werner vs. Devin Coyle

Postby balla45 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:36 pm

King James wrote:Dexter is a 5 man. You are a 4, Miller is a 4, Coulee is a 4/5. Volk was a 5. He easily could have backed up Kielpinski.

Kielpinski played 28 minutes a game. IF, big if, Dexter backs up Kielpinski, it is going to be because of a lot of work at practice, which would have been difficult, because he would have started on the sophomore/jv team, and been practicing with the sophomores. Also, I am a 1/2.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby squeak63 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:40 pm

honenstly i think you guys need to stop arguing about something that wont be determined untill 2012 ...king james is my roomate right now and i am seriously starting to worry about his grades...he has been sitting on this site all night when he should have been doing his homework... KIM Pintar would be very happy with this post... don't edit my posts anymore mauer
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:31 pm

maddogmauer wrote:
squeak63 wrote:honenstly i think you guys need to stop arguing about something that wont be determined untill 2012 ...king james is my roomate right now and i am seriously starting to worry about his grades...he has been sitting on this site all night when he should have been doing his homework... KIM Pintar would be very happy with this post... don't edit my posts anymore mauer

squeak you need to stop hatin on this. we are just looking forward to the future of north dakota basketball. this obvioulsy pertains to nd high school ball and concerns two of rising stars in the state. maybe you and pintar should just stop creamin in your pants over posting and take some real time to actually think about what goes on in this site. i know that a certain balla would agree with my statements. balla is the bomb and makes me feel all warm inside.

sounds like your the one creamin in your shorts over mauer there big guy
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby King James » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:36 pm

And if you and balla45 didnt have such a special relationship and balla didn't have so much pull you would have been suspended or kicked off this site by now. Dont delete this post either moderators i want everyone to see it. It doesn't affend anyone.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:08 pm

King James wrote:And if you and balla45 didnt have such a special relationship and balla didn't have so much pull you would have been suspended or kicked off this site by now. Dont delete this post either moderators i want everyone to see it. It doesn't affend anyone.

It offends me somewhat, as I would not say I have a "special relationship" with maddogmauer. He also did get suspended from this site, so, while I could delete your post, I think it goes to show that we, as moderators, are doing a good job. I want everyone to realize that.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby ttyler20 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:37 pm

balla45 wrote:I am partial to Coyle, as he is a Mandan guy. I think both of them are All-WDA players this season. As of now, I would give them a tie as the 2nd best player in the 2012 class, behind Daniel Yale.

where is daniel yale from?
ttyler20
NDPreps Rookie

Postby thejoker » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:04 pm

ttyler20 wrote:
balla45 wrote:I am partial to Coyle, as he is a Mandan guy. I think both of them are All-WDA players this season. As of now, I would give them a tie as the 2nd best player in the 2012 class, behind Daniel Yale.

where is daniel yale from?

Berthold
thejoker
NDPreps Starter

Postby toeman20 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:37 pm

balla45 wrote:
Mighty-Mouse wrote:Truthful, how can you compare a guard to a center. Aren't they two different positions, different responsiblities? Why don't we just say Dex can't guard Devin on defense in a man-to-man... or Devin try to guard Dex. It's just not going to happen.

Both are good players and are only going to get better. It's gonna be fun to follow them.

It would be better if you compared Dex to a center, like BK or another one. And Devin to Thorton. This would make more sense to me. :D

While they are difficult positions to compare, it has to be done to argue the best player in a class, which is basically what this argument is. I am all for comparing like positions, but when it comes to end of season awards and such, positions will not matter. I have no problem saying that Coyle is the best guard, Yale the best forward, and Werner the best big man, in the 2012 class, but to discuss the best player in the 2012 class in class A, we must compare the 2.

For example, last year, Mr. Basketball came down to a point guard (Malzer) and a post player (Qvale.) I could see this happening for WDA SAOTY 2012.

Comparing Werner to Kielpinski or Coyle to Thorton would be solid, but we would almost have to do it at similar times in their lives. Werner does not hold a candle to Kielpinski, and shouldn't, and the same can be said of Coyle and Thorton.

whoa your #1 ahead of coyle
toeman20
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:28 am

toeman20 wrote:
balla45 wrote:
Mighty-Mouse wrote:Truthful, how can you compare a guard to a center. Aren't they two different positions, different responsiblities? Why don't we just say Dex can't guard Devin on defense in a man-to-man... or Devin try to guard Dex. It's just not going to happen.

Both are good players and are only going to get better. It's gonna be fun to follow them.

It would be better if you compared Dex to a center, like BK or another one. And Devin to Thorton. This would make more sense to me. :D

While they are difficult positions to compare, it has to be done to argue the best player in a class, which is basically what this argument is. I am all for comparing like positions, but when it comes to end of season awards and such, positions will not matter. I have no problem saying that Coyle is the best guard, Yale the best forward, and Werner the best big man, in the 2012 class, but to discuss the best player in the 2012 class in class A, we must compare the 2.

For example, last year, Mr. Basketball came down to a point guard (Malzer) and a post player (Qvale.) I could see this happening for WDA SAOTY 2012.

Comparing Werner to Kielpinski or Coyle to Thorton would be solid, but we would almost have to do it at similar times in their lives. Werner does not hold a candle to Kielpinski, and shouldn't, and the same can be said of Coyle and Thorton.

whoa your #1 ahead of coyle

If you were attempting to say, who, it is Daniel Yale, because he could verbal D1 right now.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:24 am

Do you happen to know what schools are offering him?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:20 am

Indy5 wrote:Do you happen to know what schools are offering him?

I know of one. There could be more, in theory, but I only know of one.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:55 pm

Do you care to share?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:08 pm

Indy5 wrote:Do you care to share?

Not to the board, as this seems to backfire everytime. Check your messgages.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby LuckyIam » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:20 pm

[/quote]If you were attempting to say, who, it is Daniel Yale, because he could verbal D1 right now.[/quote]

Verbal D1 when you average 8 a game in class b? thats kinda hard to beleive. i suppose he was only a freshamn tho
LuckyIam
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 111 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:44 pm

i think mosbrucker and fries from Mott top both.
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:49 pm

111 wrote:i think mosbrucker and fries from Mott top both.

Which is why your opinion doesn't mean much.

Are you Mosbrucker or Fries? Let other people brag you up, don't do it yourself.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby i am legend » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:44 am

i think that its pretty obvious that werner won the first matchup.
i am legend
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:52 am

How? 5-12 compared to 4-11. Almost the exact same statline. Jake scored less than Bryan did as well.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby i am legend » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:58 am

balla45 wrote:How? 5-12 compared to 4-11. Almost the exact same statline. Jake scored less than Bryan did as well.

idk, i just thought that werner looked better that night. even though yah they had the same stats.
i am legend
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:02 pm

I might have to give him the nod because his team won. But 13 and 7 rebounds compared to 9 points 5 rebounds 3 assists is pretty close. And their matchups had 11 points and 6 points, respectively.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby i am legend » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:04 pm

balla45 wrote:I might have to give him the nod because his team won. But 13 and 7 rebounds compared to 9 points 5 rebounds 3 assists is pretty close. And their matchups had 11 points and 6 points, respectively.

yah i agree that their stats were the same, maybe its just me but i just gave werner the slight nod on the night. and im not at all a bhs fan.
i am legend
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Boys