Shanley vs. Devils Lake

The teams in Class AA.

Re: Shanley vs. Devils Lake

Postby sfan21 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:33 pm

[/b]
EDC wrote:
living life wrote:You have to gamble to win sometimes. That was a great game. 75 from shanley is a beast. He played really good. Swenseth from dl had like 8 tackles. Jason berg from dl played a good game offence and defence. That one option killed devils lake. If you watched the replay of shanleys touchdown in overtime you could tell that they were two yards short.[/quote]

I watched Shanley's OT touchdown many times and I don't know what you are seeing to say it was two yards short?? In any event it was a great game. Both teams deserved to win. Shanley was able to stop the two point conversion because Wolf was forced to turn it up. Great job by whoever Shanley had that did his job and forced it inside.

I think Shanley's kicker played soccer and then after soccer season joined the football team. He came along ways and his upside seems bright. He definitely made a difference in this game.

Yeah Saint Marys kicker is a soccer player as well, he will probably go somewhere for kicking in college
sfan21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dukefan » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:39 pm

This game was great. CONGRATS to Shanley on the win and to Devils Lake for being runners-up in the first ever OT game in Dakota Bowl history. Both teams played very well.
dukefan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballfan7 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:40 pm

living life wrote:You have to gamble to win sometimes. That was a great game. 75 from shanley is a beast. He played really good. Swenseth from dl had like 8 tackles. Jason berg from dl played a good game offence and defence. That one option killed devils lake. If you watched the replay of shanleys touchdown in overtime you could tell that they were two yards short.

I thought he palyed really well on offense but I saw him take a lot of plays off on the defensive side of the ball. But when he wasn't taking plays off he was blowing everything up.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby und52 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:43 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
living life wrote:You have to gamble to win sometimes. That was a great game. 75 from shanley is a beast. He played really good. Swenseth from dl had like 8 tackles. Jason berg from dl played a good game offence and defence. That one option killed devils lake. If you watched the replay of shanleys touchdown in overtime you could tell that they were two yards short.

Watch the replay again...Montplaisir took the ball from his RB at the very last second and put it in the endzone

It looked to be a little short, but not two yards maybe only a few inches and it was only third down and with the way Shanley's line had dominated i have to believe that they would have punched it in on fourth down. Plus DL had a couple calls on touchdowns go their way in the first half of that game.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
Vince Lombardi
und52
NDPreps Reserve

Postby splash101 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:36 pm

whats everyones opionion about the call where wolf ran it in but they didn't give it to him?????
splash101
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DoUbLeAaLlThEwAy » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:09 pm

splash101 wrote:whats everyones opionion about the call where wolf ran it in but they didn't give it to him?????

When was this?
DoUbLeAaLlThEwAy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:35 pm

splash101 wrote:whats everyones opionion about the call where wolf ran it in but they didn't give it to him?????

I think he was in. The replay shows he didn't he ever step out of bounds. It was a tough angle for the ref but I think in the state championship you have to make that call correctly. I guess thats the bad thing about not having replay in high school football.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby gobison#6 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:39 pm

und52 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

Watch the replay again...Montplaisir took the ball from his RB at the very last second and put it in the endzone

It looked to be a little short, but not two yards maybe only a few inches and it was only third down and with the way Shanley's line had dominated i have to believe that they would have punched it in on fourth down. Plus DL had a couple calls on touchdowns go their way in the first half of that game.

yeah montplaisir looked to be a little short. from my angle it looked as if his head crossed the plane but not the ball, but being it was third down shanley would have scored the next play no matter what.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby LPB'S37 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:43 am

does anyone know ben wolf's offensive stats for the year
LPB'S37
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to AA