Re: Shanley vs. Devils Lake

Postby RazorsEdge » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:08 pm

Devils Lake by 6
RazorsEdge
NDPreps Starter

Postby und52 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:30 pm

Shanley but by no more then 7
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
Vince Lombardi
und52
NDPreps Reserve

Postby splash101 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:34 pm

dl proved themselves last week by beating wahpeton but no one else could if dl plays like the way did in the second half and make good decisions and capitalize in the redzone I think devils lake could easily take it.
splash101
NDPreps Reserve

Postby See Me » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:20 am

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
Da Beast wrote:who's gonna take it??

I Am Go With Shanley By TD

You picked carrington over Ryan ... Carrington over shanley..... Carrington over dl... N wahp over dl... N I kinda wanna be opposite of your decision so I'm right n I say dl by 2 tds
See Me
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockeyboss » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:23 am

shanleys gonna win it. they have the most well rounded team. great runningbacks, great recievers, great quarterback, great defense. and an unreal kicker who has kicked a 51 yard fieldgoal. they have it all, it would be a fluke if they dont win. this is my opinion, confidence not cockiness!

SHANLEYS GONNA TAKE 'ER HOME!!!
hockeyboss
NDPreps Reserve

Postby See Me » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:24 am

hockeyboss wrote:shanleys gonna win it. they have the most well rounded team. great runningbacks, great recievers, great quarterback, great defense. and an unreal kicker who has kicked a 51 yard fieldgoal. they have it all, it would be a fluke if they dont win. this is my opinion, confidence not cockiness!

51 in a game or practice? Cuz I seen a lineman kick a 55 the other day without a black tee but it was jus a mess around thing. game n prac to diff things
See Me
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseballprep » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:43 am

i got DL. I think it will be close for a little bit but dang, Devils Lake's defense is something special. They have great players all around. Ball Hawking safety with wolf back there is amazing! Ironheart and Swenseth can get after the quarterback and shut down the running game as we saw with smith. On the offensive side of the ball they've got very good quarterback play out of the junior beau errickson and wolf is just flat out amazing. I think dl will win by a touch down or 2
baseballprep
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Linebacker48 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:27 pm

where was this amazing defense when smith threw that touchdown pass? I didnt see any ball hawking safeties on that play? :lol:
Linebacker48
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DoUbLeAaLlThEwAy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:17 pm

Im gonna say Shanley. Devils Lake thinks the season is over because they beat Wahp. Dl wont show up to play and Shanley will win by 2 td's.
DoUbLeAaLlThEwAy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Stromer » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:38 pm

Linebacker48 wrote:where was this amazing defense when smith threw that touchdown pass? I didnt see any ball hawking safeties on that play? :lol:

Pretty sure thats why its called a trick play. Has Wahp ran that play before this season? I would think it would be pretty sucessful for them. Most team's D are pretty focused on Smith that a pass would catch them out of postion.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby See Me » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:50 pm

Linebacker48 wrote:where was this amazing defense when smith threw that touchdown pass? I didnt see any ball hawking safeties on that play? :lol:

I'm thinking they were flying towards smith... Cuz really who scouts wahp for passing? they held smith to 32 yards rushing 2nd half? Pretty good I think might as well give kline a td so a new name can be in the paper.
See Me
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nodak1 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:02 pm

See Me wrote:
hockeyboss wrote:shanleys gonna win it. they have the most well rounded team. great runningbacks, great recievers, great quarterback, great defense. and an unreal kicker who has kicked a 51 yard fieldgoal. they have it all, it would be a fluke if they dont win. this is my opinion, confidence not cockiness!

51 in a game or practice? Cuz I seen a lineman kick a 55 the other day without a black tee but it was jus a mess around thing. game n prac to diff things

you have a point because it was in practice. ha i saw it. but he is really good
nodak1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nodak1 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:08 pm

nodak1 wrote:
See Me wrote:

and it was actually 53 yards
nodak1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby und52 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:30 pm

nodak1 wrote:
nodak1 wrote:
See Me wrote:

and it was actually 53 yards

I really don't think the kicker is going to have a major influence on a high school football game
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
Vince Lombardi
und52
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Da Beast » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:06 pm

DoUbLeAaLlThEwAy wrote:Im gonna say Shanley. Devils Lake thinks the season is over because they beat Wahp. Dl wont show up to play and Shanley will win by 2 td's.

You are not very intelligent...DL in my eyes will rally off their win against wahp. and show up to play, not sayin there gunna blow them out by any means
Da Beast
NDPreps Reserve

Postby click clack moo » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:33 pm

Im taking devils lake fairly easy. If they come to play like they did last week it will be hard for anyone to beat them. not to mention in my opinion DL should be unbeaten. i think trinity beating them was just a fluke (not taking anything away from trinity) but i think DL is just too much for Shanley.
click clack moo
NDPreps Starter

Postby living life » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:38 pm

DoUbLeAaLlThEwAy wrote:Im gonna say Shanley. Devils Lake thinks the season is over because they beat Wahp. Dl wont show up to play and Shanley will win by 2 td's.

That is what happened to the dl team of 07. They got caught up in the moment of being in the dome but this team is better than that team was. So thay will come in fired up. They will win by 7.
living life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Linebacker48 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:39 pm

yes devils lake is big up front but it's a little bit different from playing a team (wahpeton) who is basically one dimensional to playing shanley who can do both they have a solid running back and montplasir is a very good quarterback we will find out on saturday how good devils lake's secondary is cuz montplasir can throw the ball.........we will see how big of a ball hawk devils lake has on saturday when they go up against montplasir and the deacons
Linebacker48
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDsports35 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:26 pm

Da Beast wrote:who's gonna take it??

Devils Lake. I've played em both, we beat DL and lost to Shanley. Regardless, Devils Lake is way better
Last edited by NDsports35 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NDsports35
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseballprep » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:29 pm

I don't see this happening to much wolf. And correct me if i'm wrong but their is a kid in jason berg who was second team all state running back last year so it's not like its only wolf by any means

Linebacker48 wrote:yes devils lake is big up front but it's a little bit different from playing a team (wahpeton) who is basically one dimensional to playing shanley who can do both they have a solid running back and montplasir is a very good quarterback we will find out on saturday how good devils lake's secondary is cuz montplasir can throw the ball.........we will see how big of a ball hawk devils lake has on saturday when they go up against montplasir and the deacons

I also don't see this being a problem. Yes Montplasir is an outstanding quarterback but devils lake already played Trinity and lost on a fluke. Grinstiener in my mind is a better athlete, and better thrower then montplasir is now. Grinstiener really only moved the ball on the final drive of the game to give them the win. I guess we'll see how the corners from DL do and that guy that you said doesn't seem like much of a ball Hawk. Ben Wolf 9 interceptions this season and got that interception to seal it on Saturday night with a couple minutes left in the game. I think that gives him 21 in the last 2 seasons and he was an allstate saftey last season as well. Oh yeah not to mention but I've heard he is the west football player of the year. Great job to Devils Lake and Shanley making it this far, but i don't think shanley has the firepower to keep up with Devils Lake. Good luck to both teams
baseballprep
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gobison#6 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:45 pm

I'm gonna have to go with Shanley.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby DoUbLeAaLlThEwAy » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:15 am

Da Beast wrote:

You are not very intelligent...DL in my eyes will rally off their win against wahp. and show up to play, not sayin there gunna blow them out by any means

Wow dude why are you saying im not intelligent? Im pretty sure everyone on this website is just saying their opinion, so i said mine. Devils Lake barely beat a team that only had one option. And DL could stack up 9 guys in the box. Shanley has alot more offensive threats.
DoUbLeAaLlThEwAy
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to AA