Devils Lake @ Wahpeton
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: Semifinals

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:28 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Shanley @ Trinity
Devils Lake @ Wahpeton

This is great...
one true AA football team left to stand!!
Last edited by ndsportsfan14 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby nodak1 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:15 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:My picks:

Fargo Shanley @ Trinity
Devils Lake @ Wahpeton

i agree
nodak1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gobison#6 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:23 pm

nodak1 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:My picks:

Fargo Shanley @ Trinity
Devils Lake @ Wahpeton

i agree

wahpeton should win and probably will. The Shanley vs. Trinity game will be close.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseballprep » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:51 pm

why should Whap win? They're only one injury away from being a below average team. They only have ryan smith. DL's defense is to good. Whap barely got by Central Cass because Whap cant pass. So saying Whapeton should win? They haven't been that impressive this year its going to be a very competitive game and i'm excited to hear the results
baseballprep
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 3Putt » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:35 pm

baseballprep wrote:why should Whap win? They're only one injury away from being a below average team. They only have ryan smith. DL's defense is to good. Whap barely got by Central Cass because Whap cant pass. So saying Whapeton should win? They haven't been that impressive this year its going to be a very competitive game and i'm excited to hear the results

I won't even make a guess at who is going to win but to say that Wahpeton (not Whapeton) hasn't been impressive seems a little off base. Undefeated, a running back on pace for about 3000 yards and 30+ TDs, and a defense that hasn't given up much expect at garbage time impresses me. Wahpeton has history of having a good running game (in AAA) going back at least to the late 90s with Adam Roland. It wouldn't surprise me if Smith's backup (who ever he is) could be fairly productive if he is called on. Someone's been blocking for Smith all year.
3Putt
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:40 pm

3Putt wrote:
baseballprep wrote:why should Whap win? They're only one injury away from being a below average team. They only have ryan smith. DL's defense is to good. Whap barely got by Central Cass because Whap cant pass. So saying Whapeton should win? They haven't been that impressive this year its going to be a very competitive game and i'm excited to hear the results

I won't even make a guess at who is going to win but to say that Wahpeton (not Whapeton) hasn't been impressive seems a little off base. Undefeated, a running back on pace for about 3000 yards and 30+ TDs, and a defense that hasn't given up much expect at garbage time impresses me. Wahpeton has history of having a good running game (in AAA) going back at least to the late 90s with Adam Roland. It wouldn't surprise me if Smith's backup (who ever he is) could be fairly productive if he is called on. Someone's been blocking for Smith all year.

well put!!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby gobison#6 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:10 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
3Putt wrote:

well put!!

exactly
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby 5-time state chump » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:56 pm

Shanley
Wahpeton

Shanley>Wahpeton
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nodak1 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:35 pm

5-time state chump wrote:Shanley
Wahpeton

Shanley>Wahpeton

couldnt agree more
nodak1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 3Putt » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:32 pm

nodak1 wrote:
Wahpeton

Shanley>Wahpeton

couldnt agree more

I've got a question for you guys. I saw the Wahpeton-Shanley game and it could have gone either way. Two good, but different teams. So I understand why in a rematch, Shanley could picked or favored. Why is everybody picking Shanley over Trinity? Because the Trinity-Lisbon game was a closer than maybe was expected?
3Putt
NDPreps Starter

Postby nodak1 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:40 pm

3Putt wrote:
nodak1 wrote:
Wahpeton

Shanley>Wahpeton

couldnt agree more

I've got a question for you guys. I saw the Wahpeton-Shanley game and it could have gone either way. Two good, but different teams. So I understand why in a rematch, Shanley could picked or favored. Why is everybody picking Shanley over Trinity? Because the Trinity-Lisbon game was a closer than maybe was expected?

yes and our defense (shanley) is stepping it up in the playoffs. It will be a close game though
nodak1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 5-time state chump » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:38 pm

3Putt wrote:
nodak1 wrote:
Wahpeton

Shanley>Wahpeton

couldnt agree more

I'm not from Shanley or from Fargo for that matter. To me...it looks like Shanley has stepped it up as of late. Not that Wahpeton or Trinity haven't done well also (afterall, they are undefeated)...I just have a hunch that Shanley is playing their best ball right now. Also, one of Shanley's losses was a 9 point game to Red River....whom did well vs. most Class AAA schools.

It's really a toss up. If were setting point spreads...I'd start with this:

Wahpeton -5 1/2 (over Devils Lake)
Trinity -1 1/2 (over Shanley)

That being said...I'm going with Shanley in the "upset" if you want to call it that. Keep in mind that for Shanley to win state, they need to beat two undefeated teams back to back. Not an easy task.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby See Me » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:22 pm

Dl vs whap. Where is this game being played?
See Me
NDPreps Reserve

Postby football101 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:13 pm

3Putt wrote:

I'm not saying that Wahpeton does not a a good line but when a back it scoring on 40+ yard TD runs it doesn't have much to do with the the line. I believe if DL does not let Smith go for 40+ yard scoring runs, they will win. They can give Smith 200 yards just 5 a time.
football101
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:51 pm

football101 wrote:
3Putt wrote:

I'm not saying that Wahpeton does not a a good line but when a back it scoring on 40+ yard TD runs it doesn't have much to do with the the line. I believe if DL does not let Smith go for 40+ yard scoring runs, they will win. They can give Smith 200 yards just 5 a time.

well then with 200 yard at 5 a time...you know you can waste a lot of time doing that...so then DL offense wouldn't be on the field very long and also if DL can't do anything on offense than Wahpeton chewing up yardage and clock will be to their advantage also. Long runs or short runs...they are going to hurt...and Smith will get his yards!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Baller22 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:03 pm

football101 wrote:
3Putt wrote:

thats not true usually the reason a huge run likethat breaks is because of GREAT blocking up front even if just for one play everyone gets their assignment and alot of the time a lineman or tightend is gettingto the second level and taking out a linebacker and then all smith has to do is beat a saftey or corner. either way you look at it whapeton isn't fancy they will pound you and thats what they practice they don't go into practice working on trick plays and passes their lineman and tightends and receivers go out there knowing they are gonna run the ball and thats what they practice and thats why they are successful running the ball. if DL can get off blocks and contain smith they will win. but lests not forget about a guy named ben wolf for DL who isn't a bad running back either so we will see.
Baller22
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nodak1 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:16 pm

See Me wrote:Dl vs whap. Where is this game being played?

In Wahpeton because they are a higher seed
nodak1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ball4life » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:52 pm

Im going with DL all the way! They have really stepped it up this year I think i ts gonna be a good game to watch.
ball4life
NDPreps Rookie

Postby See Me » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:01 pm

nodak1 wrote:

K knew that part. Rumor has it.... If it storms( rains or snows) during the week n conditions of the fields down in that area get worse the game will be moved. By choice of whapeton becuase they are the higher seed. Any inside info on this matter?
See Me
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:20 pm

See Me wrote:
nodak1 wrote:

K knew that part. Rumor has it.... If it storms( rains or snows) during the week n conditions of the fields down in that area get worse the game will be moved. By choice of whapeton becuase they are the higher seed. Any inside info on this matter?

Well their game against St. Mary's was played at Breckinridge's football field last week
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby GBR » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:04 am

As of right now it's scheduled for Wahpeton, but it isn't going to be firmed up until Wednesday. Meaning that if they can't get the field in shape it might be held in the Dome.
GBR
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:01 am

GBR wrote:As of right now it's scheduled for Wahpeton, but it isn't going to be firmed up until Wednesday. Meaning that if they can't get the field in shape it might be held in the Dome.

wow...Ryan Smith's speed on the Dome's turf...that would be ridiculous to watch!!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Stallng » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:45 am

I got my Alma mater. The Titans to pull it off and get it done. Those boys work hard to be in this spot every year.
Stallng
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to AA