Best Outdoor Team?

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Best Outdoor Team?

Postby october23sp » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:09 am

Who do you guys think the best outdoor team in the state is? Bismarck has the most talent out of all the cities with players like Shane Kuntz and Jon Bahr. David Marcis is also probably the best outdoor non-lifting goalie. Then, there's Tate Leapaldt who can dangle with the best of them. If all those kids could assemble to form one outdoor team, everyone else in the state should look out.
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

Re: Best Outdoor Team?

Postby brownbomber » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:32 pm

october23sp wrote:Who do you guys think the best outdoor team in the state is? Bismarck has the most talent out of all the cities with players like Shane Kuntz and Jon Bahr. David Marcis is also probably the best outdoor non-lifting goalie. Then, there's Tate Leapaldt who can dangle with the best of them. If all those kids could assemble to form one outdoor team, everyone else in the state should look out.

tate leapaldt can he even walk and chew gum let alone skate?
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby october23sp » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:01 pm

brownbomber wrote:
october23sp wrote:Who do you guys think the best outdoor team in the state is? Bismarck has the most talent out of all the cities with players like Shane Kuntz and Jon Bahr. David Marcis is also probably the best outdoor non-lifting goalie. Then, there's Tate Leapaldt who can dangle with the best of them. If all those kids could assemble to form one outdoor team, everyone else in the state should look out.

tate leapaldt can he even walk and chew gum let alone skate?

Tate recovered quickly from his injury and will probably be All-State Outdoor League and All-State baseball. No one has ever done that before.
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

Postby crosscountry » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:38 pm

yeah ive seen those guys play together and let me tell you they work together so well!

you got tate shane and john who can score at any time in the game, also unmentioned is joey schuler who sets up everything and gets tons of assists! (some call him the john stockton of outdoor hockey) Plus no one can score on the doi man david marcis cause he lets nothing passed him!
Aaannd boom goes the dynamite
crosscountry
NDPreps Reserve

Postby John Cena » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:23 am

There is a great abundance of excitment surronding this Outdoor Recreational Hockey Season. Hopefully the best conditions for ice will previal, making the game even more intense.
Top Ten Outdoor Skaters (in no order)
1. Joey Schuler
2. Tate L.
3. Michael Obelander
4. Jared Shoults
5. Zach Emil
6. Garret Jacobs
7. Jon Bahr
8. Alex Dyle
9. David Marcis
10. Jordan Buechler
Last edited by John Cena on Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
IF YOU SMELL WHAT THE KING IS COOKIN'
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby spud » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:30 am

John Cena wrote:There is a great abundance of excitment surronding this Outdoor Recreational Hockey Season. Hopefully the best conditions for ice will previal, making the game even more intense.
1. Joey Schuler
2. Tate L.
3. Michael Obelander
4. Jared Shoults
5. Zach Emil
6. Garret Jacobs
7. Jon Bahr
8. Alex Dyle
9. David Marcis
10. Jordan Beculer

I'd trade Tate for Nate Brandt, hands down. Nate is an elite skater from BHS. This topic is very bias towards Century skaters. BHS has unmatched talent. Jon Bahr is an ametuer outdoor skater. I've challenged him and destroyed him. Jon Bahr is an outdoor failure.
Interesting fact: Joey Schuler spent more time in the penalty box than all other skaters combined.
Hopefully Joey will come off his recent suspension still in shape and ready to puck.
Last edited by spud on Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
spud
NDPreps Reserve

Postby John Cena » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:35 am

crosscountry wrote:yeah ive seen those guys play together and let me tell you they work together so well!

you got tate shane and john who can score at any time in the game, also unmentioned is joey schuler who sets up everything and gets tons of assists! (some call him the john stockton of outdoor hockey) Plus no one can score on the doi man david marcis cause he lets nothing passed him!

In a non-lifting outdoor shootout last year, David Marcis proved to be a more note-worthy goalie than Aaron Nelson. David Marcis belittles the best outdoor shooters. With this god in the net, there isn't even a prayer. David Marcis is the most-skilled goalie that skated Bismarck's outdoor ice last year, and to find an equal is impossible.
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby John Cena » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:50 am

John Cena wrote:There is a great abundance of excitment surronding this Outdoor Recreational Hockey Season. Hopefully the best conditions for ice will previal, making the game even more intense.
1. Joey Schuler
2. Tate L.
3. Michael Obelander
4. Jared Shoults
5. Zach Emil
6. Garret Jacobs
7. Jon Bahr
8. Alex Dyle
9. David Marcis
10. Jordan Buechler

Scratch that...
Shane before Jared Shoults
Top 5 skaters:
Jordan B., Shane K., Tate L., David M., and Garret Jacobs.
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby TheYessMan » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:14 pm

John Cena wrote:
1. Joey Schuler
2. Tate L.
3. Michael Obelander
4. Jared Shoults
5. Zach Emil
6. Garret Jacobs
7. Jon Bahr
8. Alex Dyle
9. David Marcis
10. Jordan Buechler

Scratch that...
Shane before Jared Shoults
Top 5 skaters:
Jordan B., Shane K., Tate L., David M., and Garret Jacobs.

jon bahr should be in that top five instead of garrett
TheYessMan
TheYessMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby nd_football_69 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:17 pm

obviously you have never seen the two play..you have no idea what your talking about david marcis and michael oberlander dont make my top 15.....i have dangled Oberlander countless times and im pretty sure my shooting % on david is 100...no wait nvm he stopped me once so probably around 99.5%
nd_football_69
NDPreps Reserve

Postby october23sp » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:07 pm

David shouldn't be a top skater he is the best goalie in the Midwest, but he can't dangle. My top ten:

1. Shane "Pudge" Kuntz
2. Jon Bahr
3. Tate Leapaldt
4. Alex Deyle
5. Zach Emil
6. Jordan Buechler
7. Joey Schuler (best enforcer)
8. Michael Oberlander
9. Nate "Cooter" Brandt
10. Jerad Shoults
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

Postby nd_football_69 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:26 pm

please drop michael oberlander off this list...what did he ever prove prove on the ice?
nd_football_69
NDPreps Reserve

Postby footbrawl » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:37 pm

october23sp wrote:David shouldn't be a top skater he is the best goalie in the Midwest, but he can't dangle. My top ten:

1. Shane "Pudge" Kuntz
2. Jon Bahr
3. Tate Leapaldt
4. Alex Deyle
5. Zach Emil
6. Jordan Buechler
8. Michael Oberlander
9. Nate "Cooter" Brandt
10. Jerad Shoults

joey the best enforcer? What a JOKE! the kid's about as enforcing as a rent a cop at the bowl
footbrawl
NDPreps Reserve

Postby october23sp » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:11 pm

nd_football_69 wrote:please drop michael oberlander off this list...what did he ever prove prove on the ice?

ndfootball69, I'm pretty sure I know who you are.... I watched you play last winter and was simply uninpressed. You rolled into the parking lot with you're car stereo playing the song Heart Of a Champion by Nelly. You skated onto the ice and immediatly were decked by Michael Oberlander, you got up but the "enforcer" Joey Schuler knocked you out after about 10 minutes of play.
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

Postby John Cena » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:25 pm

october23sp wrote:David shouldn't be a top skater he is the best goalie in the Midwest, but he can't dangle. My top ten:

1. Shane "Pudge" Kuntz
2. Jon Bahr
3. Tate Leapaldt
4. Alex Deyle
5. Zach Emil
6. Jordan Buechler
8. Michael Oberlander
9. Nate "Cooter" Brandt
10. Jerad Shoults

Garret Jacobs is in the top five for sure, along with Shane Kuntz and Tate Leapaldt. I'd also throw J. Buechler and Zach Emil in the top five. Noteworthy outdoor skater: Josh Cooper.
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby spud » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:41 pm

october23sp wrote:
nd_football_69 wrote:please drop michael oberlander off this list...what did he ever prove prove on the ice?

ndfootball69, I'm pretty sure I know who you are.... I watched you play last winter and was simply uninpressed. You rolled into the parking lot with you're car stereo playing the song Heart Of a Champion by Nelly. You skated onto the ice and immediatly were decked by Michael Oberlander, you got up but the "enforcer" Joey Schuler knocked you out after about 10 minutes of play.

You are thinking of the wrong person. I've played with both of you and can personally promised it wasn't 69. He doesn't have a car, or listen to Nelly. Plus, 69 would slice and dice you with his skates. No challenge.
Who would win in a ice hockey fight? Jon Bahr or Garret Jacobs?
Personally, I believe Jon Bahr would K.O. Jacobs in under ten seconds, if Garret could even stay up that long on his skates.
spud
NDPreps Reserve

Postby october23sp » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:22 pm

John Cena wrote:

1. Shane "Pudge" Kuntz
2. Jon Bahr
3. Tate Leapaldt
4. Alex Deyle
5. Zach Emil
6. Jordan Buechler
8. Michael Oberlander
9. Nate "Cooter" Brandt
10. Jerad Shoults

Garret Jacobs is in the top five for sure, along with Shane Kuntz and Tate Leapaldt. I'd also throw J. Buechler and Zach Emil in the top five. Noteworthy outdoor skater: Josh Cooper.

I'll revise my list I did it when I was not thinking straight:

1. Pudge Kuntz
2. Jon Bahr
3. Jordan Buechler
4. Zach Emil
5. Sean George (Absent from other list)
6. Zach Emil
7. Alex Deyle
8. Joey "Enforcer" Schuler
9. Michael Oberlander
10. Nate "Cooter" Brandt/ Jerad Shoults (too close to call)

(Garret Jacobs did not play enough last year to be eligible for my list)

Best goalies:
1. David "Doi Man" Marcis
2. Levi Jenson
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

Postby John Cena » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:32 pm

Sean George?
Garret Jacobs was mixed-up last year. Hopefully he will choose outdoor instead of CHS basketball. He is needed more on the ice.
Levi Jenson has played on an official team. He cannot be considered in the rankings. Only purebreed outdoor skaters.
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby nd_football_69 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:15 pm

the only nelly i listen to is nelly furtado and from what ive heard from this heart of a champion song i can tell it is not a girl singing...and i just cant wait until we get to see a shootout between the doi man and jensen
nd_football_69
NDPreps Reserve

Postby spud » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:59 am

nd_football_69 wrote:the only nelly i listen to is nelly furtado and from what ive heard from this heart of a champion song i can tell it is not a girl singing...and i just cant wait until we get to see a shootout between the doi man and jensen

Jensen will destroy the doi man. Obvioulsy Jensen is a more valuable player. Doi man's skills are limited to the goal. Jensen excels in all positions on the ice, even refereing.

Top 10:
1. Shane Kuntz
2. Tate Leapoldt
3. Sean George
4. Garret Jacobs
5. Zach Emil
6. Jon Bahr
7. Kyle Knutson
8. Joey "The Enforcer'' Schuler :twisted:
9. Michael Obelander
10. Nathan Brandt
Goalies:
1. Jensen
2. Doi Man
spud
NDPreps Reserve

Postby John Cena » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:07 pm

spud wrote:Who would win in a ice hockey fight? Jon Bahr or Garret Jacobs?
Personally, I believe Jon Bahr would K.O. Jacobs in under ten seconds, if Garret could even stay up that long on his skates.

I remember an incident between the two at the Tatley Arena last year during a scrimmage. Garret Jacobs body-slammed Jon Bahr to the ice swiftly, almost completely shattering his spine. No way Jon Bahr could win.
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby spud » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:11 pm

John Cena wrote:
spud wrote:Who would win in a ice hockey fight? Jon Bahr or Garret Jacobs?

I remember an incident between the two at the Tatley Arena last year during a scrimmage. Garret Jacobs body-slammed Jon Bahr to the ice swiftly, almost completely shattering his spine. No way Jon Bahr could win.

As I recall, Garret attacked Jon Bahr when his back was turned, a dirty move by Jacobs which we all are used too. In a real hockey fight the first one down would be Jacobs. Bahr can throw accurate, quick punches and dodge oncoming blows easily. Jacobs is uncoordinated, and will fall easily. Jon Bahr would walk away unscathed.
spud
NDPreps Reserve

Postby october23sp » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:42 pm

spud wrote:
nd_football_69 wrote:the only nelly i listen to is nelly furtado and from what ive heard from this heart of a champion song i can tell it is not a girl singing...and i just cant wait until we get to see a shootout between the doi man and jensen

Jensen will destroy the doi man. Obvioulsy Jensen is a more valuable player. Doi man's skills are limited to the goal. Jensen excels in all positions on the ice, even refereing.

Top 10:
1. Shane Kuntz
2. Tate Leapoldt
3. Sean George
4. Garret Jacobs
5. Zach Emil
6. Jon Bahr
7. Kyle Knutson
8. Joey "The Enforcer'' Schuler :twisted:
9. Michael Obelander
10. Nathan Brandt
Goalies:
1. Jensen
2. Doi Man

This list is missing Alex Deyle who was West Regin Honorable Mention last year. Jensen over doi man? Jensen may be the best overall player of the two, but Doi Man is the best in the net. He takes accidently lifted pucks off the shins all day and doesn't even complain.

And with the fights, the only fighting I saw was people complaining about whether or not a puck was lifted. Jacobs and Bahr only fight when no one else is there because their fighting skills are less than impressive.
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

Postby nd_football_69 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:44 pm

sean george played organized hockey so you have to take him off..also john B is one of the most feared fighters in BOHL garret cant even skate so of course john would win
nd_football_69
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nd_football_69 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:46 pm

o yeah and the shootout will decide the best overall tender in BOHL
nd_football_69
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Hockey