The teams in Class AA.

Quarterfinals

Postby und52 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:28 pm

Saturday, October 31st

Bismarck St. Mary's at Wahpeton
Central Cass at Devils Lake
Lisbon at Dickinson Trinity
Carrington at Shanley
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
Vince Lombardi
und52
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Quarterfinals

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:21 pm

und52 wrote:Saturday, October 31st

Carrington at Shanley

I think all these games will be close I don't see any blow outs happing..
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:56 pm

Bismarck St. Mary's at Wahpeton-Blowout. Wahpeton just too good.
Central Cass at Devils Lake -I think DL wins by 7 or more.
Lisbon at Dickinson Trinity - I think Lisbon plays them a lot closer than most people may think but trinity still wins.
Carrington at Shanley-Pretty good game but I think shanley takes over in the fourth and wins by 7 or more.

Going with all the favorites.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby bus » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:54 pm

Carrington at Shanley

those are my picks
CrusadeR
bus
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 5-time state chump » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:38 pm

Here goes:
Wahpeton will blow out St. Mary's by 20+ points
Lisbon will squeak by Trinity in a big upset
Devils Lake over Cass. by 14
Shanley over Carrington by 4

Carrington's losses are by 7, 12, 2, 2, 6. They had some close wins too, but nonetheless...it appears as though they were IN every game....just couldn't make the couple plays per game that decide close games. The 12 point game vs Valley City, Carrington was driving for the tieing/go ahead score with a few minutes to go...and they fumbled....and VC ended up scoring off of it. So even their 12 point loss was "close".

Carrington is a lively longshot...but I can't pick two upsets in this round (Lisbon).
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indy5 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:59 pm

5-time state chump wrote:Here goes:
Wahpeton will blow out St. Mary's by 20+ points
Lisbon will squeak by Trinity in a big upset
Devils Lake over Cass. by 14
Shanley over Carrington by 4

Carrington's losses are by 7, 12, 2, 2, 6. They had some close wins too, but nonetheless...it appears as though they were IN every game....just couldn't make the couple plays per game that decide close games. The 12 point game vs Valley City, Carrington was driving for the tieing/go ahead score with a few minutes to go...and they fumbled....and VC ended up scoring off of it. So even their 12 point loss was "close".

Carrington is a lively longshot...but I can't pick two upsets in this round (Lisbon).

Thats true Carrington was in every game but in the same breath you can say that they don't have the ability to close a game and make a play when they need one. Is that really the type of team you want to pick in the playoffs? I think it will certainly be a pretty close game but Shanley will win.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hunterlaf » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:08 am

[quote="und52"]Saturday, October 31st

Carrington at Shanley
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby west point » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:28 pm

Carrington at Shanley

i dont think the DT game will be as close as you think. it wont be a blowout, but i think trinity by 14
west point
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:30 pm

west point wrote:Bismarck St. Mary's at Wahpeton

Carrington at Shanley

i dont think the DT game will be as close as you think. it wont be a blowout, but i think trinity by 14

I don't think I would consider 14 points a blowout
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby GoPack#2 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:45 pm

Indy5 wrote:

Carrington at Shanley

that is why he said it wont be a blowout
"Give them nothing but take from them everything"
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indy5 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:40 pm

GoPack#2 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

Carrington at Shanley

that is why he said it wont be a blowout

O sorry, my bad. I must of read it wrong. I thought he said "it will be a blowout, I think Trinity by 14"
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby gobison#6 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:33 pm

devils lake 14 central cass 0 central cass played well but had several drive ending mistakes. i do have to say though on the central cass side of the bleachers some devils lake kids were obnoxious.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby gobison#6 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:44 pm

gobison#6 wrote:devils lake 14 central cass 0 central cass played well but had several drive ending mistakes. i do have to say though on the central cass side of the bleachers some devils lake kids were obnoxious.

They had to have been in middle school but acted like five year olds. They mocked cc's cheerleaders all game just terrible sportsmanship from the future firebirds.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby EDC » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:36 pm

Shanley over Carrington 32-6. Game was completed dominated by Shanley. Shanley fans are hoping for a Lisbon win.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby living life » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:19 pm

gobison#6 wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:devils lake 14 central cass 0 central cass played well but had several drive ending mistakes. i do have to say though on the central cass side of the bleachers some devils lake kids were obnoxious.

They had to have been in middle school but acted like five year olds. They mocked cc's cheerleaders all game just terrible sportsmanship from the future firebirds.

Who cares this is the firebirds not the future firebirds
living life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:49 pm

living life wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:

They are ALL Firebirds...so it does matter!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby presz » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:54 pm

any scores for St. Mary's Wahpeton game?
presz
NDPreps Rookie

Postby gobison#6 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:43 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
living life wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:

Exactly the team was very good and played a good game. I think Central Cass played well but blew some chances. I just think someone has got to take care of the kids who mock cheerleaders, thats just not right.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:01 pm

gobison#6 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
living life wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:

Exactly the team was very good and played a good game. I think Central Cass played well but blew some chances. I just think someone has got to take care of the kids who mock cheerleaders, thats just not right.

I'll agree with you there...I know that other schools have done it too...and its not right.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby See Me » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:03 pm

gobison#6 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
living life wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:

k you say they mocked your cheerleaders? like repeated their cheers in a different voice? and the stands of devils lake on the far right where opposing teams sit are an area for devils lake kids that are not in highschool.... so grades 1-8. so actually you could consider them cms dragons.
but for an entire crowd section (aka central cass fan section) to boo a coaches to decision on a timeout is good sportsmanship? i think not, for a couple young kids in the crowd, not considered a student section to repeat cheers from the cheerleaders seems like a stretch just to put down something bout devils lake to me does not seem right. but if the entire devils lake section would have booed the decision for central cass to punt with 6 minutes left than maybe you could say dl has bad sportsmanship... a few kids mocking cheerleaders? or an entire section,including parents, booing a coaches decision to call a timeout during a game? hmm i wonder which seems worse
See Me
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nodak1 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:04 pm

ndsportsfan14 wrote:

Carrington at Shanley

I think all these games will be close I don't see any blow outs happing..

shanley absolutely crushed carrington
nodak1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:14 pm

See Me wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
living life wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:

k you say they mocked your cheerleaders? like repeated their cheers in a different voice? and the stands of devils lake on the far right where opposing teams sit are an area for devils lake kids that are not in highschool.... so grades 1-8. so actually you could consider them cms dragons.
but for an entire crowd section (aka central cass fan section) to boo a coaches to decision on a timeout is good sportsmanship? i think not, for a couple young kids in the crowd, not considered a student section to repeat cheers from the cheerleaders seems like a stretch just to put down something bout devils lake to me does not seem right. but if the entire devils lake section would have booed the decision for central cass to punt with 6 minutes left than maybe you could say dl has bad sportsmanship... a few kids mocking cheerleaders? or an entire section,including parents, booing a coaches decision to call a timeout during a game? hmm i wonder which seems worse

Its ALL unsportsmanlike!!! And I know...I have fallen to those levels too...I think that we just need to take a step back and realize what message it is sending!!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby gobison#6 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
See Me wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
living life wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:

Its ALL unsportsmanlike!!! And I know...I have fallen to those levels too...I think that we just need to take a step back and realize what message it is sending!!

they did more than repeat cheers they made fun of the cheerleaders about how they acted and one kid even spit purposely in the direction of a cc cheerleaders sweatshirt when they walked by that is just wrong. yes everybody has unsportsmanlike actions but stuff like spitting on a sweatshirt that is wrong.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:42 pm

gobison#6 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
See Me wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
living life wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:

they did more than repeat cheers they made fun of the cheerleaders about how they acted and one kid even spit purposely in the direction of a cc cheerleaders sweatshirt when they walked by that is just wrong. yes everybody has unsportsmanlike actions but stuff like spitting on a sweatshirt that is wrong.

I'll agree again with that...this is just like last year's game between Valley City and Oak Grove in VC! Valley City ended up suspending students (high school and middle school) from sporting events
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:52 pm

Wahpeton 43 Bismarck St. Mary's 13
Devils Lake 14 Central Cass 0
Fargo Shanley 32 Carrington 6
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Next

Return to AA