Stupid Opinions (Lies)

Please read the Rules!

Stupid Opinions (Lies)

Postby balla45 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:37 pm

All right. It is ridiculous. Please stop bragging up your friends that averaged 2 points a game on jv last year as the best player in the world. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it is starting to just clutter some of the boards. I'm getting complaints. The issue needs to be addressed. From now on, if you do it, your post will be deleted. If you continue to do it, you will be suspended. If you continue to do it after that, you will be banned.

If any other moderators have a problem with this, please tell me. It is starting to get ridiculous.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Re: Stupid Opinions (Lies)

Postby Favrefan4ever » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:21 pm

balla45 wrote:All right. It is ridiculous. Please stop bragging up your friends that averaged 2 points a game on jv last year as the best player in the world. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it is starting to just clutter some of the boards. I'm getting complaints. The issue needs to be addressed. From now on, if you do it, your post will be deleted. If you continue to do it, you will be suspended. If you continue to do it after that, you will be banned.

If any other moderators have a problem with this, please tell me. It is starting to get ridiculous.

what forum is this on and about what person just wondering so i know what not to post
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"-Steve Prefontaine
Favrefan4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:37 pm

Favrefan4ever wrote:
balla45 wrote:All right. It is ridiculous. Please stop bragging up your friends that averaged 2 points a game on jv last year as the best player in the world. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it is starting to just clutter some of the boards. I'm getting complaints. The issue needs to be addressed. From now on, if you do it, your post will be deleted. If you continue to do it, you will be suspended. If you continue to do it after that, you will be banned.

what forum is this on and about what person just wondering so i know what not to post

Not you at all. I'm talking the people who say things like, this team that went 0-20 last year has a good chance at winning state because they decided to try. It is basically a lie and just clutters the site.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:15 pm

O God JM why let it get to you ??
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:17 pm

ndsportsfan14 wrote:O God JM why let it get to you ??

It doesn't get to me. But, people saying that they want to stop reading the board because it is full of that does get to me.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:44 am

balla45 wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:O God JM why let it get to you ??

It doesn't get to me. But, people saying that they want to stop reading the board because it is full of that does get to me.

Understandable
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller_2010 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:30 pm

I think if you kicked everyone off of the site that is affiliated with Century you could squash this problem pretty easily...
Baller_2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby spud » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:08 pm

Baller_2010 wrote:I think if you kicked everyone off of the site that is affiliated with Century you could squash this problem pretty easily...

Ignorant. Quit profiling/judging the whole school just because of a few people.
spud
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller_2010 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:20 pm

spud wrote:
Baller_2010 wrote:I think if you kicked everyone off of the site that is affiliated with Century you could squash this problem pretty easily...

I'm not profiling or judging Century, I have nothing against Century, learn to take a joke stemming from the fact that more times than not it's people from Century (although this is just from the forums I post in, and I know other people do it too) and stop being so defensive.
Baller_2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby spud » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:11 pm

Baller_2010 wrote:
spud wrote:

I'm not profiling or judging Century, I have nothing against Century, learn to take a joke stemming from the fact that more times than not it's people from Century (although this is just from the forums I post in, and I know other people do it too) and stop being so defensive.

Because everyone is supposed to know that a joke right away? I can be defensive. What are you? My mom? "Stop being so defensive"....
spud
NDPreps Reserve

Postby theman » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:19 pm

I love how this forum that started out being a rant against little-known people has turned into an arguement about schools :lol:
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BHSrunner » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:10 pm

spud wrote:
Baller_2010 wrote:
spud wrote:

Because everyone is supposed to know that a joke right away? I can be defensive. What are you? My mom? "Stop being so defensive"....

Dude you need to chill...
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:32 pm

Baller_2010 wrote:
spud wrote:

you are profiling....just because the topics you read half random stupidity spread by Century kids why should we kicked everyone affiliated with the school off? your profiling by taking the actions of a few Century kids and implying they are all the same way.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller_2010 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:19 pm

baseball wrote:
Baller_2010 wrote:
spud wrote:

you are profiling....just because the topics you read half random stupidity spread by Century kids why should we kicked everyone affiliated with the school off? your profiling by taking the actions of a few Century kids and implying they are all the same way.

Unlike some people here I really don't care whether people make joke topics or not, if nothing else they amuse me. I'm not trying to imply anything, stop looking so deep. It's called humor, look it up in a dictionary...
Baller_2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:48 am

you think i dont have a sense of humor because some kid posts stuff like "so-and-so is a 5'4" 6th grader but should be the starting middle linebacker for BHS" and i think its ridiculous? go read alot of my posts, im probably one of the most sarcastic people on this board, but just like anything, there is a place for humor and a place for serious discussion. people come to this site to read about sports topics around the state. not a handful of 14 yr olds making fun of each other and brag them up as the next big thing, when in reality 90% of the names mentioned as the "best 7th grader" are never heard from again. i believe people who find those sort of posts are humorous have a very low level of intelligence....

you dont have to "try" to imply anything. do you know what an implication is? Imply - to indicate or suggest without being explicitly stated...meaning that and implication is never "tried". if you were trying to imply, that would be a statement, so before you tell others to use the dictionary, try it yourself huh?

I would love to hear the answer to this question though....please explain what is funny about a kid who played on the Freshman team being labeled the best player in the state?? if the kid is even in the dicussion why is he playing on the freshman team and not JV at the very lowest?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:28 pm

We have been pretty liberal at activating accounts. Maybe that will have to change soon. Unfortunately some people have been taking advantage of the freedom to post false information of things way off topic. I'd hate to lose good readers and people who comment because of the abuse of a few select people. Okay, so maybe it doesn't bother you, but it does bother those of us who get complaints about it. We are trying to keep this thing going as smoothly as possible because when every thing goes right there is a lot of great topics to read. Since this really isn't a "made for profit" website, it is possible that is could come down someday because of the amount of work it takes to moderate (volunteers by the way) and a few troublemakers. We'll see if we can clean it up for now.

Thanks.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Return to Rules and Announcements