Best defender in the West?

Re: Best defender in the West?

Postby ljc16soccer » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:45 am

CR7 wrote:Well said! Century's gonna have a strong side being that they have such versatile players who can play just about anywhere you put them on the field

But they will be shut down by the MInot defense.
ljc16soccer

Postby John Cena » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:47 pm

ljc16soccer wrote:
CR7 wrote:Well said! Century's gonna have a strong side being that they have such versatile players who can play just about anywhere you put them on the field

But they will be shut down by the MInot defense.

Minot is still primative in their soccer skills. I will be suprised if Century doesn't go undefeated.
IF YOU SMELL WHAT THE KING IS COOKIN'
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby CR7 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:23 pm

Minot suffered a huge loss with Zach Pulkinen graduating
CR7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SoccerFAN » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:30 am

I agree with ljc16soccer...I think century will have a very difficult time scoring against minots defense...but minot will also have a hard time scoring on century with marcis and frenzel in the back for century
SoccerFAN

Postby John Cena » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:26 pm

Don't forget who is up front for CHS. With Gartner and Anderson taking the place of Haddis and Pomonis, they should do good work.
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby CR7 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:46 pm

Minot will have a tough time period. they lost pulkinen, who was pretty much the team. is wohl a junior or senior? i dont remember him playing but i saw his name on score sheets too
CR7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SoccerFAN » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:41 pm

John Cena wrote:Don't forget who is up front for CHS. With Gartner and Anderson taking the place of Haddis and Pomonis, they should do good work.

I doubt Gartner and Anderson will be able to take the place of Peter Pomonis, Pomonis was centurys offesnse last year with little help from those 2
SoccerFAN

Postby John Cena » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:32 am

SoccerFAN wrote:
John Cena wrote:Don't forget who is up front for CHS. With Gartner and Anderson taking the place of Haddis and Pomonis, they should do good work.

I doubt Gartner and Anderson will be able to take the place of Peter Pomonis, Pomonis was centurys offesnse last year with little help from those 2

Anderson was the second highest scorer, and Gartner did play midfield a lot last year. Garnter has a lot of potential, as does Anderson.
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigballer » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:39 am

ljc16soccer wrote:Minot has had a very sound defense this past year. Although they are young, they will be hard to beat in the years to come.
To bad their defense couldn't hold up against Jamestown at WDA. In all honesty, it doesn't matter how well you play during the season..if you make 1 mistake at WDA then that's it, your season is done. That's why WDA is such a joke...
bigballer

Postby CR7 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:30 pm

yeah the last 2 years jamestown had knocked out 2 of the tops teams at WDA. Minot and st mary's
CR7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby John Cena » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:38 pm

Big Baller you statement "wda is such a big joke" is untruthful. Teams that rise to glory are the teams that do not make mistakes. To be the top, you have to be the team is executes their game perfectly under the toughest conditions.
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby formersoccerplayer » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:14 am

John Cena wrote:I will be suprised if Century doesn't go undefeated.

That's a pretty bold statement there.

I think Century will have at least 2 losses. They rarely ever beat St. Mary's and BHS the 2-3 times (depending on WDA tournament) that they face both of them.
formersoccerplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby formersoccerplayer » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:16 am

bigballer wrote:[To bad their defense couldn't hold up against Jamestown at WDA. In all honesty, it doesn't matter how well you play during the season..if you make 1 mistake at WDA then that's it, your season is done. That's why WDA is such a joke...

I agree. The WDA tournament is a joke!!! There really is no good argument for the tournament.

If they still want to do a tournament they should at least change the format.
formersoccerplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby gimmesum21 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:07 pm

I have seen Century practices and I have noticed that David Marcis has taken freshman Jeff Gendreau under his wing
I see Marcis and Gendreau practicing off to the side and the vast improvement from young Gendreau
It wouldn't surprise me if next year or the year after Gendreau is the top player in the state of North Dakota thanks to Marcis
He is going the distance, he is going for speed.
gimmesum21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby John Cena » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:43 pm

gimmesum21 wrote:I have seen Century practices and I have noticed that David Marcis has taken freshman Jeff Gendreau under his wing
I see Marcis and Gendreau practicing off to the side and the vast improvement from young Gendreau
It wouldn't surprise me if next year or the year after Gendreau is the top player in the state of North Dakota thanks to Marcis

Under Marcis careful eye, Gendruea will become a dominating defender. Marcis is a studly athlete. Not many would do such a loving, kind act like this.
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby crosscountry » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:15 pm

John Cena wrote:
gimmesum21 wrote:I have seen Century practices and I have noticed that David Marcis has taken freshman Jeff Gendreau under his wing

Under Marcis careful eye, Gendruea will become a dominating defender. Marcis is a studly athlete. Not many would do such a loving, kind act like this.

Agreed.. Theres someting special about this david marcis kid
Aaannd boom goes the dynamite
crosscountry
NDPreps Reserve

Postby John Cena » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:56 am

crosscountry wrote:
John Cena wrote:

Agreed.. Theres someting special about this david marcis kid

...and Gendruea.
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby formersoccerplayer » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:42 pm

I agree with all of the above.
formersoccerplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby grappler15 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:39 am

maybe Marcis' dad should quit officiating his games from the sideline and giving the most valuable player on the other team a red card.
grappler15
NDPreps Rookie

Postby footbrawl » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:15 pm

grappler15 wrote:maybe Marcis' dad should quit officiating his games from the sideline and giving the most valuable player on the other team a red card.

are we talking about kylan steckler who hit brett kelly? or are we talking about the kid from north who hit jake roberts? because if marcis dad wasnt refing those games im pretty sure they wouldve gotten red cards anyway, mainly because hitting someone is definatley red card worthy and the center referee gave those kids the red cards. And Kylan deserves every card he gets because watching him complain all day to the refs and take kids out for no reason is simply pathetic and his babyish attitude kills his team
footbrawl
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Fan4ever » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:14 pm

If David Marcis is a class act, then I'm the president. Marcis is one of the slowest people out on the pitch. But, I guess I should give him credit for even trying to play when he is that out of shape. Long live the Bruins!
Fan4ever

Postby westhockey » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:17 am

For the record, Kylan only threw Kelly to the ground after Kelly extended his leg into Kylan's midsection. The retaliation got Kylan but if you think Kelly was an angel on that play, you're mistaken. As far as Kylan bringing his team down, you are once again mistaken. He's was the heart and soul of his team and showed great leadership to the younger kids. Does he have a temper..............yes, does it get him in trouble some times................yes, but he plays the game the right way and you will never see him flop. Kelly is a great kid and a great athlete and I refuse to use a message board to degrade a young athlete. However, I will defend those that are degraded when the comments are absolutely false.
westhockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby crosscountry » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:43 pm

Fan4ever wrote:If David Marcis is a class act, then I'm the president. Marcis is one of the slowest people out on the pitch. But, I guess I should give him credit for even trying to play when he is that out of shape. Long live the Bruins!

harsher than my goatee

and brett kelly is most definatly an angel
Aaannd boom goes the dynamite
crosscountry
NDPreps Reserve

Postby footbrawl » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:56 pm

Fan4ever wrote:If David Marcis is a class act, then I'm the president. Marcis is one of the slowest people out on the pitch. But, I guess I should give him credit for even trying to play when he is that out of shape. Long live the Bruins!

marcis ran a 4.4 in the 40 so if that aint fast i dont know what is
and the bruins wont be living for very long when davies rips out there heart with there bear hands
and i can see your new on ndpreps so dont mess with me!!!!
footbrawl
NDPreps Reserve

Postby formersoccerplayer » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:39 pm

The defender who had the best tournament was BHS center back Shane Kuntz. Kid had a great tournament.

Marcis is a legit player though. Anyone who thinks otherwise is foolish.

Both Stecher and Kelly are good players. Both have their faults (who doesn't), but both have many good qualities as players and as people.
formersoccerplayer
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Soccer