Week #9

The teams in Class AA.

Re: Week #9

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:06 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Bisonguy06 wrote:Lisbon 49, Kindred 0. AA Playoffs are set.

Shanley also destroyed Grafton tonight!

I heard from someone tonight that its was pretty good game most part shanley was struggling early vs Grafton?
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby und52 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:11 am

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

I heard from someone tonight that its was pretty good game most part shanley was struggling early vs Grafton?

I heard Shanley's quarterback wasn't playing not sure if thats true or not, maybe explains struggles
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
Vince Lombardi
und52
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:54 am

und52 wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

I heard Shanley's quarterback wasn't playing not sure if thats true or not, maybe explains struggles

well it was 40-18 before shanley played their younger players in and gave up a TD
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Bison4Life » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:09 pm

Shanley was up 18-20 at half and 27- 18 after the third...
Graton threw for over 300 yards that might be a concern for shanley...
Bison4Life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BisonCardinal » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:02 pm

Just curious as to what some of the DL posters have to say after their hard fought victory over Carrington, 6-0 Tuesday night.

Some of the quotes, "DL by at least 3 TD's","DL will win this one handily", "DL top tier, Carrington is not", and "this won't be a game".

I am not saying that DL didn't deserve to win. They shut us down in the second half. I would have to say Carrington defense did quite well the whole game.

Our defense is solid, our offense is obviously going to have to figure out how to put some points on the board in order to advance in post-season play.

Interesting how things work out. I believe that Carrington, as the third seed, gave Trinity and DL, besides their head to head match, the closest game of the year for each team, with both Trinity and DL beating us by just one score.

Let the playoffs begin!!!
BisonCardinal
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bisonguy06 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:43 pm

Did you log on to brag about a loss? Just checking...
Bisonguy06
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:10 am

Bisonguy06 wrote:Did you log on to brag about a loss? Just checking...

I think the point that he was trying to make was that Trinity and Devils Lake are not as far ahead of Carrington. Yes, record-wise, Trinity and DL are better...but Carrington is not a team that can be overlooked no that its tournament time.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby 5-time state chump » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:04 am

BisonCardinal wrote:Just curious as to what some of the DL posters have to say after their hard fought victory over Carrington, 6-0 Tuesday night.

Some of the quotes, "DL by at least 3 TD's","DL will win this one handily", "DL top tier, Carrington is not", and "this won't be a game".

I am not saying that DL didn't deserve to win. They shut us down in the second half. I would have to say Carrington defense did quite well the whole game.

Our defense is solid, our offense is obviously going to have to figure out how to put some points on the board in order to advance in post-season play.

Interesting how things work out. I believe that Carrington, as the third seed, gave Trinity and DL, besides their head to head match, the closest game of the year for each team, with both Trinity and DL beating us by just one score.

You guys (Carrington) should "turn the corner" next year and still be playing football in November. The Cardinals were in every game this year (I think), except vs. VC. Your running game should be pretty solid.

In defense of Devils Lake...didn't they outgain Carrington like 240 to 55 in total yards or something like that?

Shanley over Carrington 12 - 8
UPSET OF THE WEEK--ALL CLASSES: Lisbon over Trinity.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby football101 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:31 am

BisonCardinal wrote:Just curious as to what some of the DL posters have to say after their hard fought victory over Carrington, 6-0 Tuesday night.

The flu-DL was missing 5 starters
football101
NDPreps Starter

Postby See Me » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:45 pm

Wet field was a factor also when most offense dl goes with has cuts n is hard to throw a wet ball. Similar excuse could be used with carrington also I guess. I do believe there offense had 50 yards total offense with -2 passing n a pic? U r right thoo dl couldn't finish. But I don't think carrington made it to the 35 yard line in the game. Hard to score 40 yards out if you don't even have 40 yards of offense in my opinion. There's my after game talk for you bisoncardinal
See Me
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to AA