UND vs NDSU

No smack talk is allowed here.

UND vs NDSU

Postby und52 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:59 pm

If UND and NDSU were to play right now who would win and what would the game be like
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
Vince Lombardi
und52
NDPreps Reserve

Re: UND vs NDSU

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:41 pm

Due to previous episodes you must remember that there is NO smack talk allowed. None, zero, nada..... Intelligent, objective commentary, or don't comment at all.

Thank you
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby theman » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:59 pm

Well both played a big 12 team. UND played a better team, but NDSU had a closer game, if I remember correctly. I think UND played Tech way better than NDSU played Iowa St., so by process of elimination, i conclude the FIGHTING (yes fighting) Sioux would win.
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:18 pm

theman wrote:Well both played a big 12 team. UND played a better team, but NDSU had a closer game, if I remember correctly. I think UND played Tech way better than NDSU played Iowa St., so by process of elimination, i conclude the FIGHTING (yes fighting) Sioux would win.

UND got out gained over 445-207. NDSU was out gained 442-388. NDSU was down 27-17 going into the 4th quarter, UND down 28-6. UND was never in the game was TT. TT is better than ISU, but to say UND played TT better is inaccurate.

I honestly think UND would have to play one of their best games to beat NDSU.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:57 pm

NDSU would win the game because they have better depth.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsking09 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:19 pm

that depth didnt show very well against ISU, and both teams gave up about 440 yards correct? so the sioux's defense was able to hold alot better of a team to almost the exact same yardage as NDSU was able to hold ISU, which is the worst team in the conference or the runner up to worst. sure the sioux gained 180 yards less than the bison, but going by week 1, the siouxs defense looks to be better than that of NDSU's defense this year, but its not worth arguing over because this is all heresay, we will not see who will win until these two teams actually square off against each other.
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:16 pm

i believe NDSU would win simply based on the number of scholarship athletes they have, give UND 5 years to build up their D-1 program and it will be a good game
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby flatlander » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:24 am

Heh. Until NDSU finds a defense, they aren't going to beat anybody. I'd say if NDSU and UND played this week, UND would give them all they can handle and probably win. Maybe depth and the young Bison defense will improve enough that they'll be a better team than UND by midseason, but I sure don't see how NDSU can improve quickly enough to win the conference - and being the best team in the conference has to be NDSU's goal, not being better than UND (which gets the Bison nothing.)
flatlander
NDPreps Starter

Postby Makotifarmguy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:50 am

You have got to be kidding me.

In the springtime I go out and watch the grouse dance. the males pump out their chests and strut around to impress the females.

This is what I keep invisioning as I am reading through this post.

How about some serious talk for once? Until these teams play there is no way you can actually depict a prediction based on teams playing other teams or who gave up more yards or who scored more touchdowns.
"Take the bull by the horns"
Makotifarmguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:51 am

Makotifarmguy wrote:You have got to be kidding me.

In the springtime I go out and watch the grouse dance. the males pump out their chests and strut around to impress the females.

This is what I keep invisioning as I am reading through this post.

How about some serious talk for once? Until these teams play there is no way you can actually depict a prediction based on teams playing other teams or who gave up more yards or who scored more touchdowns.

True...nice post!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby flatlander » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:17 am

Actually this thread isn't as ridiculous as I thought it was going to be. Anyway, I don't see any harm in throwing UND fans a bone every once in a while. For what it is worth, UND has exactly same number of scholarships as NDSU. In fact, NDSU is a very young team as they've got four or five true freshmen playing this year.
flatlander
NDPreps Starter

Postby Stallng » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:54 am

und would pound(CB voice)(CB hand slap)
Stallng
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Lights Out2 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:43 pm

I cant believe this is even a topic...NDSU would wreck them
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
Lights Out2
NDPreps Starter

Postby theman » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:06 pm

Lights Out2 wrote:I cant believe this is even a topic...NDSU would wreck them

Don't look............your ignorance is showing. Read all the previous comments before you reply, please.
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:55 pm

No way would the bison wreck the sioux this year, I do believe the bison would win the game no doubt but it would be closer then some may think.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Fargo Fanatik » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:06 am

I agree that NDSU has more depth than UND but I think it would be a pretty good game. Turnovers are always a key factor but all things being equal I would take the depth of NDSU.
Fargo Fanatik
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baseball18 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:23 pm

bison would pound the sioux... ndsu would run it down und's throats. after unds performance vs. Sioux Falls I think NDSU would win. there's no way they would be able to stop Paschall and their rushing attack
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsking09 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:26 pm

i guarentee the bison would have also lost to Sioux Falls team is amazing look them up and look at their stats, outscoring their last 6 opponents before the sioux falls went into the game against the sioux winning its last 20 regular season games, they have won 47 of 48 games in the past 4 seasons, and 79 of 80 games since 2001, they also came in outscoring their last 6 opponents over 347-33, they have won 2 national titles in the last 3 years, they are also moving to D2. I would put my money on the sioux, primarily because the sioux have done something this year that the bison just cant seem to do this season, which is beat a football team that competes at the D1-AA level
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:17 pm

well the great thing is...you will never know if NDSU would have lost or not...the fact is that UND got beat badly. The bison have lost close games, so to say they haven't competed is just naive. UND has three wins, a win by 7 against a winless team, a win against a decent USD team and a win by 7 against a below average stony brook team. The game between UND and NDSU would be close, it would all depend on where the game was played.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby und52 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:43 pm

baseball18 wrote:bison would pound the sioux... ndsu would run it down und's throats. after unds performance vs. Sioux Falls I think NDSU would win. there's no way they would be able to stop Paschall and their rushing attack

no one ndsu has played has really stopped Paschall thats why he's the top rusher in the country. But, NDSU has still found was to lose football games. So the fact that they can run the ball means nothing. NDSU's defense hasn't been able to stop anyone this year it doesn't matter what the bison offense does.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
Vince Lombardi
und52
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball18 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:48 pm

und52 wrote:
baseball18 wrote:bison would pound the sioux... ndsu would run it down und's throats. after unds performance vs. Sioux Falls I think NDSU would win. there's no way they would be able to stop Paschall and their rushing attack

no one ndsu has played has really stopped Paschall thats why he's the top rusher in the country. But, NDSU has still found was to lose football games. So the fact that they can run the ball means nothing. NDSU's defense hasn't been able to stop anyone this year it doesn't matter what the bison offense does.

ndsu has the best rushing attack in the FCS and UND hasnt particualrily done well in stopping that. Defense has been much better since the first few games... I just dont think UND would have an answer to the rushing attack
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsking09 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:11 pm

i shall now just use this forum as UND football since trash talking (which i did not bring into the locked one) has once again locked the topic. and to whichever administrator locked it, come on really? if ur gonna lock one, might as well lock them both cuz its not fair to penalize the topic when its one person who brings it upon themselves. i suggest either locking both, or creating a new UND football forum to be fair, or ill probably just create another one
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:35 pm

i didn't lock the topic, but i can see why it was locked...you take subtle shots at NDSU in pretty much every post.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:42 pm

Here is your forum for NDSU/UND trash talk. Have fun!

http://bisonsports.net/forum/viewforum. ... f8006b0468
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsking09 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:21 pm

The Schwab wrote:i didn't lock the topic, but i can see why it was locked...you take subtle shots at NDSU in pretty much every post.

i only take those shots because you and flip always come into the sioux threads and bash them. i dont go into bison threads and bash them. i am only defending the sioux because all you two do is bash them in the sioux topic, so just stay out of the topic if u dont have anything good to say about them.
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges