'09 Mr. Soccer

'09 Mr. Soccer

Postby John Cena » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:25 pm

Predictions to be Mr. Soccer in the fall of 2009.
IF YOU SMELL WHAT THE KING IS COOKIN'
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Re: '09 Mr. Soccer

Postby soccerislife5 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:19 am

ok so who does everybody think will be contenders for Mr. Soccer??
soccerislife5

Postby CR7 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:41 pm

michael frenzel from century
CR7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby John Cena » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:16 pm

CR7 wrote:michael frenzel from century

He is the best canidate from century
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby soccer7 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:57 pm

Matt Glogoza from shanley!!!
soccer7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Golf Balla » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:47 am

I think matt glogoza would be the obvious choice, but josh lapka and ben albright from north are pretty good players as well.
Golf Balla
NDPreps Reserve

Postby formersoccerplayer » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:01 am

Glogoza will win for sure. What he did this year will factor in the decision, as well as his performances that will surely happen during his Senior year.

No offense to anyone, but defensive backs and keepers usually don't win Mr. Soccer. They just don't see the ball enough, and they don't get the plaudits and the headlines that a game-changing midfielder or goal-machine striker gets.

Frenzel or someone else would have to play out of his skin to get the award.
formersoccerplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby John Cena » Fri May 08, 2009 1:31 pm

formersoccerplayer wrote:Golgoza will win for sure. What he did this year will factor in the decision, as well as his performances that will surely happen during his Senior year.

No offense to anyone, but defensive backs and keepers usually don't win Mr. Soccer. They just don't see the ball enough, and they don't get the plaudits and the headlines that a game-changing midfielder or goal-machine striker gets.

Frenzel or someone else would have to play out of his skin to get the award.

Or someone? That doesnt make sense.

Dead wrong. Frenzel is the best goalie in the state, and has done a magnifecent job in the past and will continue so...
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby CR7 » Fri May 08, 2009 2:33 pm

Phil the keeper from Jamestown and gilchrist also a keeper won the last few years!!!
CR7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rrsoccer9 » Tue May 26, 2009 8:52 am

Frenzel will probably take the west side as I don't see anyone in the west that is any good otherwise in the senior class.

The east has too many to contend with though and I think whoever takes it from the East will end up with the award.

A couple that may have a chance...
Matt Glogoza (I think Shanley will drop down to where they should be and Matt may not see the recognition because of it, but he clearly is the best player in the state)
Josh Lapka (If north does well offensively, he may see the fruits)
Ben Albrecht (Same thing, but defensively for North... the best defender in the state hands down)
Matt Crawford (Won't get it out of the east, but worth mentioning only because he is better than Frenzel and still seen as a low talent in the east... shows where Frenzel would rank in the east. Only the second goalkeeper)
rrsoccer9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GFRR99 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:49 am

rrsoccer9 wrote:Frenzel will probably take the west side as I don't see anyone in the west that is any good otherwise in the senior class.

The east has too many to contend with though and I think whoever takes it from the East will end up with the award.

A couple that may have a chance...
Matt Glogoza (I think Shanley will drop down to where they should be and Matt may not see the recognition because of it, but he clearly is the best player in the state)
Josh Lapka (If north does well offensively, he may see the fruits)
Ben Albrecht (Same thing, but defensively for North... the best defender in the state hands down)
Matt Crawford (Won't get it out of the east, but worth mentioning only because he is better than Frenzel and still seen as a low talent in the east... shows where Frenzel would rank in the east. Only the second goalkeeper)

I'm sorry but this is just a dumb post. Josh Lapka? he doesn't know when to pass or shoot..and that is essential for a forward. he also cant finish to save his life during high school season..he seems to do better in summer travelling. he'll be lucky to make all-edc to be honest
Matt Crawford is not even that good of a goalie. Frenzel is twice the goalie as him. And there will definitley be better goalies then him also.
I agee with Ben Albrecht being the best defender by far, and his teammate elliot radebaugh is right there with him. Matt Glozoga will probably win the award but he is a selfish player with a bad attitude. he thinks he is the best thing ever born. He is nothing compared to some of the forwards of 2 and 3 years ago..FACT.

the talent level seems to be getting worse and worse every year..
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby formersoccerplayer » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:34 am

I agree with everything GFRR has said.

I keep hearing people sing the praises of Lapka, but I have seen him play 8-10 times and I haven't been impressed.

Crawford better than Frenzel?! That's a great joke.

North has a solid team next year with Albrecht and Radebaugh in defense.

I think Golgoza is a pretty good player, but I don't like his attitude on the field. He goes down far too easily, and he does get a lot of calls from EDC referees. But I suppose thats part of the territory for being a good player.

And GFRR, don't be so downtrodden about the talent. There have been a couple of down years, but this next year's sophomore class is very talented. All of the Bismarck teams have some young talent. West Fargo has Kroke. South will always re-load with someone decent.
formersoccerplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby United012 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:22 pm

Crawford won't get it, he's good, but not that good.
Lapka might get it if he has a good season, and plays well with his team throughout the year.
Albright and Elliot are also good contenders, depends how north does.
Don't count out Peter Orson from south as well, already has 4 goals in two games.
Matt G might get it, but his selfishness might affect him...

Other contenders from Central (Sean Cano, Kris Scott, Alex Nagal) are also even possible, alot of contenders. Will be interesting to see what happens...
United012
NDPreps Reserve

Postby trigger » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:40 am

And GFRR, don't be so downtrodden about the talent. There have been a couple of down years, but this next year's sophomore class is very talented. All of the Bismarck teams have some young talent. West Fargo has Kroke. South will always re-load with someone decent.[/quote]
Will South or Davis reload with talent? I hear that fall 2010 both will have a varsity soccer team? I know Davis has a JV team this fall.
trigger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Favrefan4ever » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:02 pm

Frenzel is the best goalie in the state but Crawford could be as good if not better than frenzel if Crawford wasn't so short
i also think cano is one of the better goalies
i look for peter orson josh lapka matt glogoza or maybe ben albrecht to win edc senior athlete
i think matt glogoza will not have as good of a year as last year because he is playing mid
and his defense isn't going to get him the ball as much as last year
Last edited by Favrefan4ever on Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"-Steve Prefontaine
Favrefan4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby United012 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:12 pm

this year south reloaded w/ talent even with the davies switch. (all future davies players are on the davies jv team) south should be pretty good again.
and as far as the '10 fall season, i have no idea about davies having a varsity/jv team.

as far as edc senior athlete, it should be between lapka, albrigcht, cano, orson, glogoza, and maybe even kahler or richter from south, depends on how the season goes...
United012
NDPreps Reserve

Postby anderson16 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:12 pm

I'd have to say the best guy for the EDC is Glogoza for sure.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby formersoccerplayer » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:33 pm

In the West it will be Frenzel. In the East it will be Glogoza.

Mainly because there aren't very many other senior players that are deserving to be mentioned for the award.

In the West, I can think of Bartsch and Stecher form St. Mary's. Graham and Kuntz from BHS. And Anderson and Marcis from Century.

Not sure about the East this year, other than Lapka, though I have heard North has struggled early on.
formersoccerplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Favrefan4ever » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:48 pm

glogoza is definitely the favorite in the east
i also look for lapka to contend
i would also look out for peter orson of fargo south
he is having a strong start to the season with like 8 goals or something in 7 games

in the west i would agree that frenzel is the favorite
don't know alot about the west teams though
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"-Steve Prefontaine
Favrefan4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby formersoccerplayer » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:05 pm

The west teams don't have a ton of seniors.

BHS, for instance, only has 2 seniors on the Varsity team.

St. Mary's only has 2 seniors of note.

CHS has 3-4 seniors of note.

The rest of the teams...well...how can I be nice?
formersoccerplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby United012 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:53 pm

haha very true, the west is dominated again by Bismark.
i agree with farvefan, glogoza is definately a favorite...
but orson does have the most goals in edc right now, (if not the state)
if north doesnt start picking it up, then i look for lapka to be taken out of the running for Mr. Soccer.
United012
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Favrefan4ever » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:06 pm

formersoccerplayer wrote:The west teams don't have a ton of seniors.

BHS, for instance, only has 2 seniors on the Varsity team.

St. Mary's only has 2 seniors of note.

CHS has 3-4 seniors of note.

The rest of the teams...well...how can I be nice?

who besides frenzel is in the running for mr. soccer from the west
Favrefan4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby United012 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:08 pm

after a hat trick tonite against glogoza, and an assist, peter orson should be the favorite for mr. soccer
United012
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GFRR99 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:55 am

lapka for mr. soccer is humorous..if he makes all-edc i'd actually be a little surprised. forwards are suppose to finish and make plays..he doesnt do either very well. he's already blown a season worth of breakaways and many should be goals.

i dont know much about the west, but for the east south has 3 contenders: kahler, richter, and orson are all good. norths best players are elliot radebaugh and ben albreght. glozoga will have a chance if shanley can pick it up a little
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby Favrefan4ever » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:27 pm

although some kids may look better than glogoza right now he still has the advantage for mr soccer
because last year he had a bunch of goals and assists and he has been playing varsity since 8th grade
i know its supposed to be this years performances but you know the voters will look at past years too
Favrefan4ever
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Soccer