Best Team in the State

HS and Legion ball in ND.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Best Team in the State

Postby BALLIN5225 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:08 pm

I think the Hatton Northwood thunder are going to be good this year, they have to stars in Spencer Huus and Ryan Pladson, a really good pitcher in Tyler Bilden and a couple of other studs in Andrew Workin and Eric Dafforn. They could go to state and probably take home the title if they commited themself in the offseason and a couple other kids step up.
BALLIN5225
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Best Team in the State

Postby greatbambino » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:33 am

i think north, south, dickinson, minot, and williston could all destroy h/nw or any class B school.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby Thunder74 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:18 pm

im gonna agre with ballin huus is the best catcher in the state and pladson was first team all state as a junior and bilden is 14-0 as a high school starter. not to mention both towns combined have a population of less than 2,000 people, not to bad to have that kind of talent with two small towns
Thunder74
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baseball4life » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:40 pm

Thunder74 wrote:im gonna agre with ballin huus is the best catcher in the state and pladson was first team all state as a junior and bilden is 14-0 as a high school starter. not to mention both towns combined have a population of less than 2,000 people, not to bad to have that kind of talent with two small towns

Not to be that guy, but there was no first or second team. It was just an All-state list.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby greatbambino » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:44 pm

Thunder74 wrote:im gonna agre with ballin huus is the best catcher in the state and pladson was first team all state as a junior and bilden is 14-0 as a high school starter. not to mention both towns combined have a population of less than 2,000 people, not to bad to have that kind of talent with two small towns

they would still get killed by any of the class A schools i listed.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby unocinco » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:54 am

What about Devils lake Only losing two good seniors last year returning every body else
unocinco
NDPreps Reserve

Postby InTheKnow » Mon May 11, 2009 9:02 am

greatbambino wrote:

they would still get killed by any of the class A schools i listed.

I would hope so. They come from population bases of larger then the entire Class B region they play in combined. However, there are/have been some good Class B pitchers out there who could shut down a Class A school in a one game situation. Remember it is baseball. You are only as good that game as your current starting pitcher.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby Number7 » Thu May 14, 2009 10:40 pm

West Fargo 15's: 5 straight state championships, 2 straight Central Region championships

END OF TOPIC
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby greatbambino » Sat May 16, 2009 12:00 pm

Number7 wrote:West Fargo 15's: 5 straight state championships, 2 straight Central Region championships

END OF TOPIC

so a freshman team could beat any varsity team in the state? riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby Number7 » Sat May 16, 2009 4:09 pm

My bad I was assuming that this was a babe ruth topic not including legion teams
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby tarheels420 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:16 am

greatbambino wrote:
Number7 wrote:West Fargo 15's: 5 straight state championships, 2 straight Central Region championships

END OF TOPIC

so a freshman team could beat any varsity team in the state? riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

with a solid errorless game and a little extra hitting, yes this 15 y/o team could beat most teams in the state
tarheels420
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BaseballStud1 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:28 pm

i wouldnt be so sure about that mr tarheels. there could be upsets dont get too far ahead of yourself. what was the score of the wf 15s vs. fargo nationals 2nd game?
BaseballStud1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tarheels420 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:05 am

BaseballStud1 wrote:i wouldnt be so sure about that mr tarheels. there could be upsets dont get too far ahead of yourself. what was the score of the wf 15s vs. fargo nationals 2nd game?

i was being a bit sarcastic about them beating most legion teams but didnt they play them just this tuesday or wednesday? obviously there gonna pitch guys who dont usually pitch, i mean there going to omaha the week after, why waste innings against a 14 year old team double header?
tarheels420
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tarheels420 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:02 pm

and ontop of that, Young, there starting SS has been out with a broken hand and dahl who is there starting 3rd basemen, backup short stop, and best pitcher was also out. both these players also bat in the top 5 of there order. and they still manage to slaughter fargo 15's in the championship and hammered out 11 hits and 7 runs off of austin zorn, who plays varisty for BHS and a candidate for the best 15 y/o pitcher in ND.
tarheels420
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 75ford » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:20 pm

END OF TOPIC

And sounds like they lost 2 games in row to Bismarck to lose the 2009 state 15 year old Baberuth state championship. Maybe not so dominant and to think they have a couple kids who stayed down instead of playing Legion ball and are going to be juniors in high school on that team also. Wow!!!!!!!!!
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby Tdahl24 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:40 am

i turned 16 4 days ago :o making me the 5th oldest on our team
Tdahl24
NDPreps Rookie

Postby theman » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:00 pm

75ford wrote:

END OF TOPIC

And sounds like they lost 2 games in row to Bismarck to lose the 2009 state 15 year old Baberuth state championship. Maybe not so dominant and to think they have a couple kids who stayed down instead of playing Legion ball and are going to be juniors in high school on that team also. Wow!!!!!!!!!

It doesn't matter whether or not they played down. If they are old enough to play, why make fun of them? I'm gonna be a junior and I could've played for them!
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bismarck8 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:17 pm

Bismarck was the best team in the state how come we couldnt win regionals then when we beat west fargo
bismarck8
NDPreps Rookie

Postby theman » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:20 am

bismarck8 wrote:Bismarck was the best team in the state how come we couldnt win regionals then when we beat west fargo

I know this won't make sense, but just because Bismark won the state tournament doesn't make them the best team in the state. WF didn't take state serioulsy because they were automatically in the regionals anyway.
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby InTheKnow » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:31 pm

theman wrote:
bismarck8 wrote:Bismarck was the best team in the state how come we couldnt win regionals then when we beat west fargo

I know this won't make sense, but just because Bismark won the state tournament doesn't make them the best team in the state. WF didn't take state serioulsy because they were automatically in the regionals anyway.

It makes perfect sense. It is not a must win situation. You are able to set up your pitching for the next round with out having to win at all costs at the state level. It may cost you a game by throwing someone deeper on the depth chart of your staff but it makes you a better team in the long run.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Return to Baseball