Best Babe Ruth Player in 2009

HS and Legion ball in ND.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Best Babe Ruth Player in 2009

Postby tarheels420 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:50 pm

salentine didnt swing the bat against wf in a double header and had struck out at least twice. the best player has to be zorn, bontjes, young, bitzer, or dahl
tarheels420
NDPreps Reserve

Postby eggman » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:26 pm

deathsrevenge wrote:
gunslinger13 wrote:Justin beach is a solid player but best player i dont think so id have to go with Nick salentine or andy young both legit short stops who are solid at the plate

Id say Salentine is better

who is nick salentine? i guarentee justin beach has nastier stuff. sick curveball. i think he throws a splitter or cutter or something like that too. it's nasty also.
which is it a splitter or a cutter? They are not close to the same pitch one drops and one cuts in
eggman

Postby 112233 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:00 pm

No gage salquist or taylor steen
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BaseballStud1 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:15 pm

sorry guys but your all wrong. i've been hearing alot about these kids from west fargo who've led there team to 5 state titles in a row. andy young and chance bitzer. andy young is an everyday no error type shortstop and i can guarantee you that you wont find much better leadoff hitters out there like this one. he also can hit for power as well. and then chance bitzer is in the top 4 in the pitching rotation and starts regularly at 1st base. he hits a ton of home runs with about 15 last year. theres nothing better than these 2 west fargo studs. and that justin beach kid im hearing about... these kids rock him when hes on the mound. he doesnt have a win against west fargo this year in the 15 year old division
BaseballStud1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gunslinger13 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:22 pm

i realy dont see how andy young can be better than nick salentine. Nick salentine started every conference game for shanley this year and committed maybe 3 errors the hole year. he had 66 put outs in 21 games. Nick salentine is definetly a better player than andy young
LOVE ME SEXY:P
gunslinger13
NDPreps Starter

Postby BaseballStud1 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:41 pm

so how many state championships has nick salentine lead his "so amazing" fargo team to in his career. 0? maybe? and andy young? what? 5? yea andy young has been the leader of the west fargo team every year they've won the state tournament. and how does nick salentine hit? not good. doesnt he bat like 6 for the fargo team that doesnt have like a dominant batting lineup or anything. andy young bats leadoff and bats probably over .500 %. before he injured his hand this year he was probably batting above .700%. there is no way that nick salentine is a better overall player than andy young. and the reason nick played all the shanley games was because they werent deep at the shortstop position at all. if he would go to west fargo he wouldnt have even been close to starting a single game. we had cole mapes at short who should have been all state. shanley had no one like that
BaseballStud1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tarheels420 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:18 am

coles mapes was the varsity starting shortstop who is a complete stud in the field. andy young being a freshmen would get little playing time at the varsity level behind mapes. therefore he was placed on the jv team where he did start and wf jv1 took first in the jv tournament
tarheels420
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pumping1gas » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:02 pm

Last edited by pumping1gas on Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pumping1gas
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gunslinger13 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:40 pm

i dont see how dahl would be in the top 5 for overall players hes only a good pitcher there are better overall players in the state
LOVE ME SEXY:P
gunslinger13
NDPreps Starter

Postby fargocatcher10 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:16 pm

im curious to see what gunslinger's top 5 is
fargocatcher10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Tdahl24 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:55 pm

joe hallock easily best player
Tdahl24
NDPreps Rookie

Postby greatbambino » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:57 pm

Tdahl24 wrote:joe hallock easily best player

correct me if im wrong, but he hasnt been playing babe ruth for a while.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby pumping1gas » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:10 pm

Last edited by pumping1gas on Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pumping1gas
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Tdahl24 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:00 am

greatbambino wrote:
Tdahl24 wrote:joe hallock easily best player

correct me if im wrong, but he hasnt been playing babe ruth for a while.

it was a joke...
Tdahl24
NDPreps Rookie

Postby fargocatcher10 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:08 pm

pumping1gas wrote:
gunslinger13 wrote:dont see how dahl would be in the top 5 for overall players hes only a good pitcher there are better overall players in the sta

Yeah...I would Put Matt Shallow In That Spot :wink:

what about this raftevold kid from fargo? he is an amazing catcher, nothing gets by him and he has a division 1 arm already. he has something like 4 home runs this year. absolute stud watch out for him getting hot in the state tournament
fargocatcher10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby greatbambino » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:47 pm

fargocatcher10 wrote:
pumping1gas wrote:
gunslinger13 wrote:dont see how dahl would be in the top 5 for overall players hes only a good pitcher there are better overall players in the sta

Yeah...I would Put Matt Shallow In That Spot :wink:

what about this raftevold kid from fargo? he is an amazing catcher, nothing gets by him and he has a division 1 arm already. he has something like 4 home runs this year. absolute stud watch out for him getting hot in the state tournament

you and JR need to hang out since you both think 15 year olds have D1 caliber arms.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1402 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:17 pm

"what about this raftevold kid from fargo? he is an amazing catcher, nothing gets by him and he has a division 1 arm already. he has something like 4 home runs this year. absolute stud watch out for him getting hot in the state tournament[/quote]"

What are you talking about yourself here? A kid from fargo catcher hmm? same as ur name? By the way there isnt one 15 yr old out there in my world that has the same caliber arm as a D1 player. D1 players go through strengthening programs almost every day and catchers especially are doing bullpen work every day for hours. When there not doing bullpen work there working on throw downs and all that other stuff so there isnt one out there that could compete with a D1 catcher!
baseball1402
NDPreps Starter

Postby northoftheborder » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:12 am

yeah sorry to say it guys but the 15 year old year is looking kinda bad if thats your top 5. None of these kids stand a chance of making legion next year and i only see 2 high school starters on this list .(Zorn and Tescher) And Mr. Fargo Catcher, you dont have a D1 arm or else you wouldnt be the Babe Ruth catcher. Duh.
pumping1gas wrote:Anyone Who Compares Shanley To Any other Fargo Team or even West Fargo is dumb...Shanley has half as many kids trying out as these other schools...If Your Decent in any sport at Shanley You Play Up Because They are a way smaller school...I'm Not Trying To Dis Shanley But Those are Just The Facts...

My Top 5 BEST OVERALL BABE RUTH Players:

1. Andy Young
2. Chance Bitzer
3. Austin Zorn
4. (Catcher From Bismarck) Preston Tesher* (*Don't Know How To Spell His Last Name)
5. Tanner Dahl

Just My Opinion And I Don't Know Many From The West
northoftheborder

Postby whateverittakes » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:57 pm

northoftheborder wrote:yeah sorry to say it guys but the 15 year old year is looking kinda bad if thats your top 5. None of these kids stand a chance of making legion next year and i only see 2 high school starters on this list .(Zorn and Tescher) And Mr. Fargo Catcher, you dont have a D1 arm or else you wouldnt be the Babe Ruth catcher. Duh.
pumping1gas wrote:Anyone Who Compares Shanley To Any other Fargo Team or even West Fargo is dumb...Shanley has half as many kids trying out as these other schools...If Your Decent in any sport at Shanley You Play Up Because They are a way smaller school...I'm Not Trying To Dis Shanley But Those are Just The Facts...

1. Andy Young
2. Chance Bitzer
3. Austin Zorn
4. (Catcher From Bismarck) Preston Tesher* (*Don't Know How To Spell His Last Name)
5. Tanner Dahl

1st of all Andy Young most likely will play Varsity next year Chance Bitzer and Tanner Dahl did this year and Preston Tescher and Austin Zorn will both play next year so to me it is pretty good eh
whateverittakes
NDPreps Starter

Postby Tdahl24 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:35 pm

whateverittakes wrote:
northoftheborder wrote:yeah sorry to say it guys but the 15 year old year is looking kinda bad if thats your top 5. None of these kids stand a chance of making legion next year and i only see 2 high school starters on this list .(Zorn and Tescher) And Mr. Fargo Catcher, you dont have a D1 arm or else you wouldnt be the Babe Ruth catcher. Duh.

1. Andy Young
2. Chance Bitzer
3. Austin Zorn
5. Tanner Dahl

1st of all Andy Young most likely will play Varsity next year Chance Bitzer and Tanner Dahl did this year and Preston Tescher and Austin Zorn will both play next year so to me it is pretty good eh

andy young did play in a varsity game this year, chance played varsity all year for moorhead, i pitched in 2 games for varsity this year. zorn played varsity, not sure about tesher.....weird how at least 4 out of 5 on this list saw varsity time this season but wont next season
Tdahl24
NDPreps Rookie

Postby fargocatcher10 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:52 pm

It is obvious on who the best 5 players are in state:
1. Karson Mapes. Amazing pitcher and is batting about .700 on the season.
2. Brock Evenson. Cannon from the outfield, WF's 5 hitter and is batting 650 on the year.
3. Justin Beach. Fastest kid in the state and is a serious threat on the bases.
4. Tanner Dahl. Decent pitcher but struggles at the plate. WF's 9 hitter.
5. Austin Raftevold. Division 1 arm behind the plate.

I would LOVE to see someone prove me wrong on any of those players. Easily the top 5 in the state.
fargocatcher10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby eggman » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:39 pm

what about brandon nelson from west fargo? Isn't he their 4 hitter? If he is he must be good. Why hasn't he been metioned at all?
eggman

Postby fargocatcher10 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:23 pm

Brandon Nelson gets to play 1 out of 3 games for West Fargo. He bats 7-9 depending on the order.
fargocatcher10
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Baseball