2009 Girls Soccer

Re: 2009 Girls Soccer

Postby intensity » Mon May 18, 2009 10:02 pm

North is going to take the EDC. They just beat South again 2-1 tonight.
intensity
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDVBBB » Tue May 19, 2009 1:02 pm

Tonight could be a telling story for WDA Girl's soccer. If St Mary's beats CHS, CHS can finish no better than 2nd. If Minot beats BHS tonight, along with the CHS loss, CHS will finish 3rd. How could CHS fall so quickly! Look for Thursday's St Mary's vs Minot game to be for the WDA Championship. The best hope for a CHS WDA title is to beat St Mary's, but Minot can still take first with victories over BHS tonight and St Mary's on Thursday. A St Mary's-CHS tie tonight opens the door for Minot to take first tonight with a win over BHS and then Minot would only need a tie against St Mary's to secure 1st. Stay tuned! :?
NDVBBB
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDVBBB » Tue May 19, 2009 2:08 pm

Don't mean to diminish the accomplishment, but not many girls get the opportunity to play high school soccer from 7th grade on! "Langseth has been playing on the Deacons’ varsity squad since seventh grade" - Fargo Forum. Plus playing against Devils Lake 2 times/year helps - Hannah scored her 4 record setting goals "in the first 20 minutes of the game" against Devils Lake in their most recent match - Fargo Forum. FYI - Devils Lake gave up 19 goals to Shanley in 2009. :wink:

WalkingStick wrote:Congrats to Hannah Langseth from Fargo Shanley on becoming the All-time goal scorer in the state of North Dakota!!
Last edited by NDVBBB on Wed May 20, 2009 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
NDVBBB
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Tue May 19, 2009 2:13 pm

NDVBBB wrote:Don't mean to diminish the accomplishment, but not many girls get the opportunity to play high school soccer from 7th grade on! "Langseth has been playing on the Deacons’ varsity squad since seventh grade" - Fargo Forum. Plus playing against Devils Lake 2 times/year helps - Hannah scored her 4 record setting goals "in the first 20 minutes of the game" against Devils Lake in their final match - Fargo Forum. FYI - Devils Lake gave up 19 goals to Shanley in 2009. :wink:

WalkingStick wrote:Congrats to Hannah Langseth from Fargo Shanley on becoming the All-time goal scorer in the state of North Dakota!!

Carissa Jahner who held the record before her also played since the 7th grade as well did Kendra Lee who held the record before that so it is still a GREAT accomplishment as its not like she played longer that the rocord holders.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDVBBB » Wed May 20, 2009 8:54 am

St Mary's ended CHS 6 year reign as WDA Champion with the 1-0 victory, moving into 1st place. Minot slipped in their bid to take over 1st place with a tie against BHS. The St Mary's-Minot match on Thursday, May 21, will settle the placement. A St Marys win or tie keeps them in 1st. Minot needs a win to move into 1st, a tie to move into 2nd. A Minot loss allows CHS to retain 2nd, as CHS has head-to-head goals scored tie-breaker. Could we see a Minot WDA Champion? Stay tuned. :!:
NDVBBB
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Juan » Wed May 20, 2009 7:35 pm

Anyone ever remember the west being this close this late in season? Nothing is decided this year until the last game of the regular season. Minot's got 4 starters with injuries.
Juan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDVBBB » Fri May 22, 2009 8:34 am

St Mary's held off Minot's bid to steal the WDA championship away on the final game of the season. With the 2-1 victory, St Mary's will be seeded 1st, CHS 2nd, MHS 3rd, JHS 4th. In the EDC, Fargo N (29)secured #1 seed with a 1-0 win over GFRR. Fargo S (23) has 1 game remaining and has secured #2 seed, but can't catch FN. Shanley (21) will probably end up as #4 seed, as GFRR (19) has 1 game remaining against winless Devils Lake and would be #3 seed. Most likely State pairings: FN-JHS, SM-SH, (4:00); FS-MHS, CHS-GFRR (6:00). On to State :D
NDVBBB
NDPreps Reserve

Postby intensity » Fri May 22, 2009 7:34 pm

NDVBBB wrote:St Mary's held off Minot's bid to steal the WDA championship away on the final game of the season. With the 2-1 victory, St Mary's will be seeded 1st, CHS 2nd, MHS 3rd, JHS 4th. In the EDC, Fargo N (29)secured #1 seed with a 1-0 win over GFRR. Fargo S (23) has 1 game remaining and has secured #2 seed, but can't catch FN. Shanley (21) will probably end up as #4 seed, as GFRR (19) has 1 game remaining against winless Devils Lake and would be #3 seed. Most likely State pairings: FN-JHS, SM-SH, (4:00); FS-MHS, CHS-GFRR (6:00). On to State :D

Fargo South beat RR 1-0, not North. But North is #1 in the EDC.
intensity
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDVBBB » Mon May 25, 2009 5:40 pm

I stand corrected. Still didn't change the likely pairings, in fact, they are as proposed. Thanks for the correction. :) See the following link for the 2009 ND Girls State Soccer Tournament: http://www.metrotournament.com/2009StateGirlsSoccer/Index.htm
intensity wrote:
NDVBBB wrote:St Mary's held off Minot's bid to steal the WDA championship away on the final game of the season. With the 2-1 victory, St Mary's will be seeded 1st, CHS 2nd, MHS 3rd, JHS 4th. In the EDC, Fargo N (29)secured #1 seed with a 1-0 win over GFRR. Fargo S (23) has 1 game remaining and has secured #2 seed, but can't catch FN. Shanley (21) will probably end up as #4 seed, as GFRR (19) has 1 game remaining against winless Devils Lake and would be #3 seed. Most likely State pairings: FN-JHS, SM-SH, (4:00); FS-MHS, CHS-GFRR (6:00). On to State :D

Fargo South beat RR 1-0, not North. But North is #1 in the EDC.
NDVBBB
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rrsoccer9 » Tue May 26, 2009 8:46 am

Predictions?

I will start it off...
St. Mary's will beat Shanley
South will handle Minot

RR beats Century
Jamestown beats North
Upsets on that side... but North really isn't that good.

South beats St. Mary's
RR beats Jamestown

I think the midfield of RR and goalkeeping will stop St. Mary's ugly style of play. Maddock has underachieved this year. This will be a good matchup of CM in Marie and Maddock though... I think Marie has this one.

St. Mary's beats JHS in 3rd place game.
North beats Century for 5th
rrsoccer9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rrsoccer9 » Tue May 26, 2009 8:47 am

Sorry... North can't beat Century, they are from the same side.

North beats Shanley for 5th
rrsoccer9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDVBBB » Thu May 28, 2009 11:08 pm

Well, you were right - there were some upsets at the 2009 State Girls soccer tournament. Jamestown #4W beat Fargo North #1E 2-1, and Shanley #4E beat St Mary's #1E in a 3-1 shootout. There will definitely be a West v East Championship. CHS plays JHS in 1st Semi-final, Fargo S plays Shanley in 2nd Semi-final. Stay tuned - Anyone can win :wink:
NDVBBB
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rrsoccer9 » Fri May 29, 2009 9:03 am

I think we see a Jamestown - South final...

Should be fun to see if it happens. Lexi (south) and Jenae(Jamestown) are the two best players in the state even if they are young. We may see this matchup in the coming years as well.
rrsoccer9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDVBBB » Sat May 30, 2009 12:03 am

Well rrsoccer9, you must have a crystal ball. It IS a JHS vs FS championship game! :shock: I would have never guessed that Jamestown would be the class of the WDA. Jamestown's early 2 goal lead was too much for CHS to overcome. Fargo South held off the pressure of Shanley. So you were right! On a sad note, St Marys bowed out with a 0-1 loss to Minot in consolation. :|
rrsoccer9 wrote:I think we see a Jamestown - South final...
Should be fun to see if it happens. Lexi (south) and Jenae(Jamestown) are the two best players in the state even if they are young. We may see this matchup in the coming years as well.
NDVBBB
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Sat May 30, 2009 11:09 am

Baller wrote:
formersoccerplayer wrote:St. Mary's should win state. There is no other way around it. Knowing the St. Mary's soccer program they will probably get to the final and lose or they will get to the semi-finals and choke.

I am going to say that South will win it...We'll see if my prediction comes true at the end of the season. Formersoccerplayer, I agree wholeheartedly...until Mueller steps down, St. Mary's could have all the talent in the world and not win a state championship.

all I can say is WOW
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Sat May 30, 2009 3:00 pm

formersoccerplayer wrote:St. Mary's should win state. There is no other way around it. Knowing the St. Mary's soccer program they will probably get to the final and lose or they will get to the semi-finals and choke.

shockingly...they choked and lost both games and are heading home already!!
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDVBBB » Sun May 31, 2009 12:33 am

Well, the results are in. Fargo schools win all the games on the final day of the tournament. Fargo N 5-1 over Minot (5th). Fargo Shanley 1-0 over Century (3rd). Fargo South 4-0 over Jamestown(1st). Congratulations to Fargo S on back-to-back titles. :!: Jamestown had an amazing run - good job - we'll be looking for more from Kaitlin Walsh and Jenae Dabill in 2010 !! :D
NDVBBB
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:25 pm

Not much talk at all for the state tournament just finishing this weekend.

Congratulations to Fargo South on their first competitive athletic sport title of the year.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby formersoccerplayer » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:37 am

WalkingStick wrote:

Not shocking.

I didn't see them doing this poorly, but still.

There must be some sort of curse that an old goat-owner put on St. Marys years ago...a la Chicago Cubs.

There was no reason the Saints should have played so poorly, but congratulations to Laura Maddock for winning Miss Soccer. She deserved it for her high school career.
formersoccerplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:40 am

formersoccerplayer wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:

Not shocking.

There must be some sort of curse that an old goat-owner put on St. Marys years ago...a la Chicago Cubs.

There was no reason the Saints should have played so poorly, but congratulations to Laura Maddock for winning Miss Soccer. She deserved it for her high school career.

The curse of Mueller....I bet the boys win in the next three years under Brandon Keller
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby formersoccerplayer » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:49 pm

Baller wrote:
formersoccerplayer wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:

Not shocking.

The curse of Mueller....I bet the boys win in the next three years under Brandon Keller

It would be an interesting twist. I don't know if the talent is there, but the new coach will definitely makes some positive changes in practicing and tactics.
formersoccerplayer
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Soccer