class b golf season held in the fall

class b golf season held in the fall

Postby golfer32 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:47 pm

does any one else think class b golf should be held in the fall? and why is it not?
golfer32
NDPreps Rookie

Re: class b golf season held in the fall

Postby trinity9 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:13 pm

im pretty sure the 2011 season is going to be held in the fall. i they have already talked about it and i think it passed.
trinity9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:23 am

No, it has not passed to switch class B golf to the fall yet. The last vote taken at the beginning of this year was about a 60/40 split against it. It is getting closer each time and maybe after how bad this spring has been the next time it comes up it might pass.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby underdog » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:46 am

I hope they do switch the season to the fall. Especially after the winter we've had. I just hope it is before the 2011 season!

The weather would be better, and abviously the courses are in alot better shape. The players have all summer to practice, and I think the scores would be lower and show just how good some these kids can play.
underdog
NDPreps Starter

Postby Shaver » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:50 am

If they change class b golf to the fall you will see a drastic cut in how many teams are competing, and you will find the scores will not be better, because all of the good athletes who golf will be playing football.
Shaver
NDPreps Reserve

Postby underdog » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:58 am

You might lose some. Don't say you would lose ALL. Not all good golfers play football. And why could'nt you do more than one sport?? Some kids play baseball, golf, and track. Football players could find time to practice and most meets are either on a Sat. or during the weekday. I don't see where there would be that big of a conflict.
underdog
NDPreps Starter

Postby Shaver » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:38 am

I am sorry but obviously you have never played football and tried to golf. If you can find a football coach who would be willing to let his kids golf at meets during practice and preparation for fridays game then I would have to say he probably doesnt have much of a football team.
Shaver
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigpoppakdog » Fri May 01, 2009 10:25 pm

I think the scores will be as good or even better. You might see meets held on saturdays and you might see the meets start earlier so the kids can go to a meet and then be back for football practice. At least having golf in the fall you don't need to practice as much. You should be in form from the summer. I could see something like one meet on a school day and another meet on a saturday type of schedule. You will lose some, but what else do you do? You are competing against track right now, so there is always going to be two sports going on. I golfed on weekends in high school during football season, so I know the kids could still do the same. I think you could get way more quality meets in the late part of august and september than you can during march/april/may.
bigpoppakdog

Postby northdakotagolf » Tue May 05, 2009 3:00 pm

i agree with the last post. weather would be better, scores would be better, and practices could be schedule around other sport practices and games. not every one is in football, and x-country, sometime you have to pick one or the other. why make it harder for the golfers , every year battling the weather and shortened season.
northdakotagolf
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Shaver » Wed May 06, 2009 1:44 pm

If you think that the weather is going to be that much better you should ask the class A girls coaches how state was last year for them. It wasnt very nice. the class b boys meet had great weather and the course was in great shape.
Shaver
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Golf